• 6(current)
4K / HDR content
(2017-05-21, 03:19)brazen1 Wrote: Trying to get my lingo straight. By HDR slider are you guys referring to the HDR and advanced color setting in Windows CU? It's either on or off like every other setting switch. I take it we're calling these sliders?

I think you guys are being a little tough on him. He's simply developed a little something that enables presets in the player and resets them to default when finished (manually). The presets are not a full fledged traditional HDR method. They are however pretty handy for a user that doesn't have an HDR capable display I assume because his presets open up the range via the player instead of the display and with some color correction. For those that do have an HDR capable display, it looks ok too. Rather than run to the HDR slider, switch, on/off setting (whatever) you call it, and wipe out the Windows desktop, he's linked his on/off player presets to the 'play using' menu as well as the external player. Windows desktop isn't affected. The only thing affected is the player settings.

It's probably on my end somehow but getting the on/off exe's to work through the 'play using' feature fail for me. They work fine solo. Something is wrong in the exe code 1st couple of lines. Playercorefactory is fine. I've been screwing around decompiling the exe back to .bat, modding and back to exe but ran out of time. Maybe tomorrow.

I think he's made it a point describe what he sees from his dedicated player with physical discs looks identical through MPC-HC using his settings with his equipment. Whether that's completely accurate or not, I don't know? I do know it looks decent to me but I prefer my own method. At least they are watchable because they sure aren't played raw. This is all about getting ready for when HDR can be ripped to file and it becomes as common as the Blu-ray standard. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't but I wouldn't discourage folks from experimenting and sharing what ever they do for what ever reason they do it.

Ver2 Has the raw .bats. try different compiler. Just make sure the.exe files match whats in .xml
There are acouple compilers for free. You can choose to have a window or not. V3 will return window function and add youtube and bt2020 to bt709 calibration profiles.
By the way I am using real samples and matching them in from playback on HDR TV from HDR Samsung player and switching HDMI ports. Adjusting mpc color contrast controls and going back. In pc mode my color is set to bt2020 so It's matching perfect. A bt2020 to bt709 may be more of benefit as some cannot set bt2020 on projector or non 4k monitor. If you view with xbr on your TV must be set to bt2020 color. Ver3 will have my HDR player set to bt2020 with TV and PC set to bt709. Then you will get as close of match so flesh tones remain. Youtube vp9 HDR system uses darker levels with 12 point tint added to make up for bt2020 so they have there custom way of HDR playback.ver3 will use mystery boxes HDR videos in bt709 to match without bt2020 enabled. This will be a pretty dam close match. But I suggest a second mode bt709 as well if you want proper skin tones when calibration is enabled. Very 3 will offer:

Seiedits HDR Cal full white to black in bt2020
Bt709 for HDR bt2020 footage on non HDR displays.
Bt2020 oled levels
Bt709 vp9 HDR YouTube.

Bt2020 has more color shades than bt709. Bt709 must be pumped up to match red level of bt2020. Hope this explains 2 color formats and UHD HDR and YouTube HDR.
I'm an HDR equipped tester. I played with your files all morning. The ones with the source code and the previous ones. I decompiled some also and hope you don't mind. In the end, I made some alterations. I have come to the conclusion playercorefactory refuses to launch exe's unless it's an actual player. As usual the paths are correct and the exe's match the xml. Can't imagine what I could be doing wrong if it indeed works? It can however launch a bat. I added code to my existing playercorefactory and created 2 new bat files. So now I can enable/disable (mpc-hc presets) from the 'play using' menu. It still errors with the 'External player active' but confirming closes the window and the preset changes take place. Same with disabling. So, it's all working within Kodi. I got rid of the CMD confirmation by changing 'pause' to 'exit'. Still no joy with MadVR, only Custom Presenter.

How do I change this value so it reflects -1 in the player: Echo HKCU\Software\MPC-HC\MPC-HC\Settings /v VideoBrightness /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f

Same for this: REG ADD HKCU\Software\MPC-HC\MPC-HC\Settings /v VideoBrightness /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f

Changing the 5 to -1 results in 0 looking at the player settings.

Lastly, have you created .bats enabled and disabled for MPC-BE? If I edit what we have from MPC-HC to MPC-BE will it apply? I assume the reg paths are right next to each other for everything?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-05-21, 21:22)brazen1 Wrote: I'm an HDR equipped tester. I played with your files all morning. The ones with the source code and the previous ones. I decompiled some also and hope you don't mind. In the end, I made some alterations. I have come to the conclusion playercorefactory refuses to launch exe's unless it's an actual player. As usual the paths are correct and the exe's match the xml. Can't imagine what I could be doing wrong if it indeed works? It can however launch a bat. I added code to my existing playercorefactory and created 2 new bat files. So now I can enable/disable (mpc-hc presets) from the 'play using' menu. It still errors with the 'External player active' but confirming closes the window and the preset changes take place. Same with disabling. So, it's all working within Kodi. I got rid of the CMD confirmation by changing 'pause' to 'exit'. Still no joy with MadVR, only Custom Presenter.

How do I change this value so it reflects -1 in the player: Echo HKCU\Software\MPC-HC\MPC-HC\Settings /v VideoBrightness /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f

Same for this: REG ADD HKCU\Software\MPC-HC\MPC-HC\Settings /v VideoBrightness /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f

Changing the 5 to -1 results in 0 looking at the player settings.

Lastly, have you created .bats enabled and disabled for MPC-BE? If I edit what we have from MPC-HC to MPC-BE will it apply? I assume the reg paths are right next to each other for everything?
To get - you must use hex to decimal. Export your misc reg settings in mpc. Open edit .reg and look for the 4 keys. The ffff hex value or 0000a. Google hex to decimal and convert hex or minus values to decimal. This will set - levels. As for XML you must go into the movie folder and right click on the file and open external player to see the entries in playlist core file. Pretty neat hay how much control you have with these sliders. If you leave TV in bt708 add 12 points of tint for bt2020 conversion. You can add switching of custom presenter filter and back to madvr in HDR off as well. The keys call other master keys to set lav filters, external filters and internal filters, full screen keys. I am positive win10 has a key to switch HDR tab in settings GUI? Just got to find it. I'm thinking of using processor monitor to monitor hkey changes to find the master switch key. I tried .bat in kodi and only .exe would work. What we need is Pascal code to tell kodi to load keys before mpc launches. Then load reset keys at exit. VB can do keys and .ini files. This is kinda what I'm leaning to. Windows driven VB API function front end for mpc. The BC version just export backup search BC keys. Then add 4 more lines of keys to switchpc be too. Madvr same idea.... Just have not had time to try these.
Thank you for sharing all of that!
Ohhhhhh..... now this "I'm thinking of using processor monitor to monitor hkey changes to find the master switch key." is a good idea. Done for the day but I will try too. Nice one. Hey, where are your rep points?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2017-05-21, 21:48)brazen1 Wrote: Thank you for sharing all of that!
Ohhhhhh..... now this "I'm thinking of using processor monitor to monitor hkey changes to find the master switch key." is a good idea. Done for the day but I will try too. Nice one. Hey, where are your rep points?

I'm a lifelong redfox user. I'm actually the one who found screenpass loophole with powerdvd.... I've done some VB programming so will see what I can do..... Done some assembly mods. Using a debugger i at be able to monitor HDR tab or settings GUI to find the trigger. There is 0 info on the creators update HDR tab.

My rep lol ...... Hidden user. Redfox users are loving this whole idea of UHD playback in mpc outside of sgx.

As for oled samples bestbuy HDR TVs look horrible in HDR. Not sure if they know all that black kills the shadows . there is actual detail if you increase the brightness dial. You can match the vivid look by Cushing the blacks but it's all a matter of how you like to view it. I run a YouTube channel with 2.5 mil views and have spent 1000 of hrs in Adobe premier and know way more about video than half the guys. My testing equipment is covered in that XDR video. Think I'm about 15 grand into my system. The 4 k lie for pc users is funny. I push out 4k files with ease on a AMD 3 x4 965 processor with my rx470 card in 8x pcie2.0 8 gigs of RAM with PCI ssd in other pcie2.0 slot. HDR is about 10bit color. When people come to recognize this even 1080p HDR is possible. They the powers that be want to squeeze everyone into one line and one forced format. Let's break out and have some freedom. Also figured out 7.1 on video capture cards but pulled that video off my site. I'm going to teach users to pass UHD lpcm to 8 channels and into pc for room correction and out to dedicated amps saving on preamp for speaker position and levels. Amps cost 600 to 1200 for dtshd 7.1 HDMI amps. A older amp cost 200 bucks and can output 7.1 dtshd master and 7.1 truehd. Once again forcing users into a lineup with forced format.
A very interesting read about the XDR idea concept

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library...t_overview
I gave this a shot with nVIDIA GTX 1060 and Intel HD 630. Based on raw pixel values of the output, I don't see this expanding the dynamic range. It actually decreases the range. The settings are actually changing the minimum black level from 64 to 80 and it also clips levels above 80%. With these settings 80% gray is at 932. Everything above 80% will be clipped to 940 (the limit for YCbCr). Same thing happens with saturation.
This is due to my TV contrast brightness and contrast at 100 percent. I'll set to 50 and recalibrate the levels. Then people can add. This can only be applied to raw UHD footage. If your not sure it's grey washed out looking. I'll recheck at 50. This tool is best used to adjust on each monitor seperate. Find a cloud sky bring up contrast tell the clouds start dissapears. That's max contrast level for your monitor before clipping. Then set brightness and lower tell you clip blacks. This is your lowest monitors black level. Then load Blu-ray and adjust saturation on the mpc raw UHD footage to get color level or saturation. Watch the reds as they start to loose detail. At that point stop. Then grab tint slider and move to right if your monitor only has bt709 color and get skin tones to match Blu-ray. Stop. If your monitor has bt2020 do not touch the tint slider. Bt2020 adds more vibrant colors to reds blues and greens. If you watch a Blu-ray in bt2020 notice everything is pink looking?

This is a tool to get the most from an HDR and non HDR display. Please note if your contrast and brightness on your TV is lower or higher this will affect the overall effect. Mpc adds more contrast and brightness that the material requires to bring it up to HDR levels. This is why your downloaded UHD movies look like shit.
(2017-05-22, 17:43)wesk05 Wrote: I gave this a shot with nVIDIA GTX 1060 and Intel HD 630. Based on raw pixel values of the output, I don't see this expanding the dynamic range. It actually decreases the range. The settings are actually changing the minimum black level from 64 to 80 and it also clips levels above 80%. With these settings 80% gray is at 932. Everything above 80% will be clipped to 940 (the limit for YCbCr). Same thing happens with saturation.
Can you add your settings and share them?
Just mpc and post your settings to get 100 percent pls. Then I can try them. Thkyou
Can someone tell me what the situation is on Kodi in regard's to playback of HDR content on an SDR system? My personal example is that I have a few files with HDR content and my desktop software players and Kodi in Windows all play these back looking 'pale' since my displays are all SDR. I have an HDR TV but it's not REALLY HDR, it can really just process HDR signals for it's SDR panel, and my Windows powered Kodi HTPCs have graphics hardware in them that is incapable of HDR transmission. So I'm wondering if Kodi will have any means of converting HDR Rec2020 content to SDR Rec709 or sRGB for a proper 'look' on an SDR system.
Kodi HDR project is an attempt at this. Version 1.0.0.3 will have setting to have bt709 color get as close to bt2020 on sdr. The footage I've been testing is UHD dull footage.
(2017-05-22, 00:01)Gereral1 Wrote: A very interesting read about the XDR idea concept

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library...t_overview
I think you really need to seek professional help. I really do. No, that doesn't have anything to do with "XDR" (a concept that bear no reality outside your head). The link actually talk about how DXGi supports HDR and Wide Color Gamut, not about jacking up brighness/contrast/saturation in MPC-HC.

You've been treated fairly well up until now. But you've demonstrated numerous times that you lack even the basic understanding of these subjects. It know now (espescially after the link to the mdsn site) that you're not doing it intentionally, but you are spreading misinformation. Isn't it time to let go?

(2017-05-22, 19:07)Gereral1 Wrote: Kodi HDR project is an attempt at this. Version 1.0.0.3 will have setting to have bt709 color get as close to bt2020 on sdr. The footage I've been testing is UHD dull footage.
Please don't. I know the only difference is that you are going to add adjustments to MPC-HC's "hue" control, call it revolutionary, and think that millions of people are going to use you "invention". Wake up.
Luma is brightness white point is contrast. I'm done with this forum......official thread over at redfox. Sdi users will use this HDR users will use madv. Enjoy your ugly grey UHD footage.
Mod can you remove my posts please. Thankyou
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K / HDR content1