OSMc vs Openelec VS Librelec
which is better for my pi2 operating system??

what do u think?
So far i Like Librelec
@Boremc - different people need different things out of the different versions, so really you're the only person that can answer your own question.

Simplest way is to try each and see. OSMC has more operating system beneath it, so can be expanded on more. OpenElec/Librelec are more streamlined, but less expandable beyond what is offered by add-ons (at least easily anyway).

I'd recommend grabbing each and giving them a try-out and see which works best for you. All should give a more than acceptable experience on a Pi2 though.

For complete disclosure I run OE 6.95.1 myself on a Pi2 and am quite happy with it, although I do plan to have a look at LE as well but haven't had chance yet. OSMC was acceptable for me, but I found OE more to my taste in terms of feel and responsiveness.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
And OSMC have its own skin, OE/LE use the default skin of kodi.

Big
I first tried Openelec on rpi 2 & 3, but changed to Osmc because it uses Kodi v16 whereas Openelec uses v15.That may change.
I didn't notice any difference between either. Osmc has a Windows installer so you don't burn an image with dick image software, it does it for you and sets up wifi and stuff before burning, not after.
Osmc on jessie can be updated. Jdiesel post.
Openelec has it's own phoneapp.
I first tried Openelec on rpi 2 & 3, but changed to Osmc because it uses Kodi v16 whereas Openelec uses v15.That may change.
I didn't notice any difference between either. Osmc has a Windows installer so you don't burn an image with dick image software, it does it for you and sets up wifi and stuff before burning, not after.
Osmc on jessie can be updated. Jdiesel post.
Differences between openelec and libreelec?
I like openelec.
(2016-04-01, 18:11)stanleyella Wrote: Openelec has it's own phoneapp.

It does? I would expect all Kodi remotes to consume Kodi's JSON-RPC API and as such, work on all modern distributions shipping Kodi

S
I am an OpenELEC fan, but would recommend Libreelec as that's where all the OpenELEC developers except one have gone.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-04-01, 20:44)Boremc Wrote: Differences between openelec and libreelec?
Nothing huge at the moment. One thing the LE devs are working on is a single image file that will also upgrade an existing install (you either flash it or copy it) removing the need for separate .img and .tar files to be produced.

I think the two *Elecs have similar aims (to be an appliance-style OS) but have decided to take different development routes.
(2016-04-02, 03:18)nickr Wrote: I am an OpenELEC fan, but would recommend Libreelec as that's where all the OpenELEC developers except one have gone.

The one who stayed how important person? Sometimes one man is more important than all the rest.
I don't look at it in those terms.. They've got different ideas and visions for what they want to accomplish. You might even see that both parties end up flourishing because of this, who knows.
Would be curious whether milhouse and popcormix will support OE or LE? I will follow their guidance on what I will continue to use going forward.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
hymm I'm using a milhouse libreelec build
http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMc vs Openelec VS Librelec0