• 4(current)
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC
FYI - you shouldn't have to reboot - just hit the trigger EPG grabber button. Although on the older versions of tvheadend - there is only a single trigger for both OTA and internal grabbers. On newer versions that is two separate options.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
This is now my settings.
<settings>
<setting id="Pass" value="/>
<setting id="User" value="clarkss1t.net" />
<setting id="allc" value="false" />
<setting id="cfirst" value="false" />
<setting id="cicons" value="false" />
<setting id="days" value="2" />
<setting id="picons" value="false" />
<setting id="source" value="" />
<setting id="xdesc" value="false" />
<setting id="xdetails" value="false" />
</settings>
go ahead and quick edit to remove your password from that post. :-)
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
I have a theory that there is an issue with the number/speed of downloads requested from the zap2it server. The original code has a setting for creating a delay when downloading a lot of data. If this smaller download setting works for you - then I can look at enabling that delay setting.
Shoot, I did not notice that.
yes, that worked... now have 2 days of guide data......
OK - so now, you can turn the details/icons back on if you want and see if it works - still keeping to 2 days.
Writing XML file: /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/tools.module.zap2xml/xmltv.xml

Completed in 17s (Parse: 12s) 38 stations, 1718 programs, 2640 scheduled.
Ok, that worked.
OK - so likely the number of stations + extra details + program icons all being requested are causing the zap2it server to shut down the connection. I can look at adding the delay option (it adds x seconds between http requests)...but it will cause the total download time to take longer. Of course, since this all happens in the background I guess that doesn't really matter.

Until I can get to writing that new option - try adding a day or two to the number of days and see if it still works. Once you get to a number that breaks it - just keep the number of days below that. The other thing to check is if you are not using all the channels - 38 of them in your case - set the channels you are using as favorites on zap2it and that will lower the amount of data being downloaded.

Finally - if you plan to keep your schedules direct account - that is still the best source of data - so one of this matters! But I definitely appreciate the help in testing this out. :-)
Yes, Schedules Direct works great as your addon, but I like to try new things and with your added "candy", thought I would give it a try.

I will do as you suggested, by increasing the number of days until it fails.....

Thanks for finding the problem.
It appears that 3 days is all I can get with all the "eye candy" enabled and 38 stations.
I have followed along with this thread and can report that I too have had success with the zap2xml addon. I am running Libreelec on a Raspberry Pi 3 and now have a nice OTA PVR.

Thanks edit4ever for getting this set up and thanks clarkss12 for your youtube video which started me on my journey.

Specs:
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 3, HDHomeRun Connect
Software: Libreelec
Addons: tvheadend backend, tvheadend client, zap2xml (active zap2it account)
Question...

I see that there is a icons folder in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/tools.module.zap2xml. How do I set this up to be used?
(2016-06-27, 23:04)merlincc Wrote: Question...

I see that there is a icons folder in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/tools.module.zap2xml. How do I set this up to be used?

Nevermind...I found it on my own. Just had to look for something that said icon and found it on the EPG Grabber page. Clicked on the "Update channel icon" and saved and icons are now showing.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zap2xml for ATSC in OpenELEC4