Completely Uninstall or Fix add-on problem
Hello,

I am relatively new to Kodi. I had installed an early version a few months back. I got back into the project a few days ago and DL'd 16.0 and installed on my MacBook Pro, running 10.11.3. After launching, it seems like the Add-ons section stopped functioning properly, in that when I launch Kodi that it prompts to disable a ton of add-ons, but they wont actually disable and it gets in a loop asking again for the same set of Icons to be disabled, which I try to do to no avail. Since I can never get to the system menu to try disabling them as a "normal" process I am stuck.

I have tried everything I know of to try and fix it. I also install 16.1 to see if that would help same problem. I removed from applications and reinstalled again. same problem.

I am willing to completely reinstall any and ALL references to Kodi on my machine, but dont know how to do that completely. I tried what I know but obviously, I don't know enough.

Paul
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Did you download KODI from the official website? It's quite odd you would be getting errors about a 'ton of add-ons' as KODI doesn't have many installed by default.

Please post a Debug Log (wiki), that will allow people to see what might be going wrong and hopefully help you find a solution.

Before doing that, be warned that if you have any Banned Add-ons (wiki) on your system those are most likely the cause of the problem and furthermore you wont get support here until those are removed due to http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...acy_Policy
I never installed any add-ons whatsoever.

I tried downloading Debug Log uploader using the Wiki Instructions which were Programs → Get more... → Kodi Log Uploader. Unfortunately, after Get More, I only have ".." as an option.

Really thinking that a complete and thorough uninstall is my best starting place. I just don't know how to do that on a Mac
Try this:

Go into your userdata folder (wiki) (see link) and then into the Database folder. Delete all of the files that say "addonsXX.db", as there might be a few of them with different numbers. Then open up Kodi again. This file shouldn't hurt anything other than changing what is enabled/disabled for add-ons by default.

But IMO you should to go for a clean install:

You have to go into the user data folder, see also http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata_folder and paragraph 3.2.2 how to acces this folder

1. and delete the kodi folder by putting it in the trashcan
2. Trash the kodi app from your programs
3. Clear the trashcan
4. and reinstall kodi

and Kodi is shiny and new again. (and you have some work to do Smile )
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
If your installation contains a "ton of add-ons" and you didn't install them then it's possible you are not using the official Kodi release.I think I clean install is in order like Walt74 suggests.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Yep! I did the clean de-install/re-install and everything is "normal" now ! Thanks for your help!

Paul
Go into your userdata folder (wiki) (see link) and then into the Database folder. Delete all of the files that say "addonsXX.db", as there might be a few of them with different numbers. Then open up Kodi again. This file shouldn't hurt anything other than changing what is enabled/disabled for add-ons by default.
I did this . I eliminated ALL the add ons but the KODI page still remains. I cannot delete it because "It" will not delete an active program & I cannot find a way to shut Kodi down.
Any other suggestions?
I Know there are/were add ons that are on your banned list, but they were installed before I discovered your web site & can not access them except through the Finder-Go-Go to folder route. (Which was not effective)
Can you suggest instructions as to how to submit my KODI log page.? (Macbook Pro)
Force Kodi to stop in osx, there are Several ways to do this.

Delete the Kodi app, Delete the Kodi folder in application support. Empty the trash And install Kodi from Kodi.tv
Should work.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Hello i need help! I've tried to make a clean install. Tried to go into my userdata folder on my Mac. Try to following the steps on wiki, but i can't fix it. I followed the steps but i didnt Find any particular. What am i doing wrong?

I deleted the Kodi files through Finder. I only Found Two files. Deleted them, cleaned the trashcan and downloaded kodi for mac from the original website. Installed it, and boom: i have the TVADDONS theme, no the original Kodi theme, and alot of popups about add-ons problem. Whatever i choose, they keep coming back. I've did this a few times, restart my computer but none of them is working..

Can somebody help me please. I'm such a noob

Thank you
Delete Kodi userdata found at: "/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/"

Then do a clean install.
And if you are sensible, you may want to consider your usage of banned add-ons (wiki) that violate our forum rules (wiki). Their removal is the only support we offer here.

It may be worth a read of this blog and this one on the subject.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you.

/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata

White do i find Users and all on my MacBook?

I tried to Find with search.. Cant Find it haha please explain me Smile
GO into the finder. Hold the command key and click "GoTo" in the menu. You will see "Library" in there - click it. There is the Application Support folder in it and it has Kodi in it and so on ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Problem solved. Thanks!
Hi. Tried what was suggested above, but I have not such folder on my library.

Please help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Completely Uninstall or Fix add-on problem0