2 movies and TV folders in main menu
Hello,

I was using XBMC way back when on my xbox, then on the PC. Well, in the mean time I got kids and I don't like having just one folder for movies, where grown up movies and kids movies are lumped together. I searched and can't figure out how to have 2 movie folders and 2 TV folders in the main menu. I just installed Kodi 17 and I really love the Estuary skin. I really hope there is an easy way to add other main menu items, esp keeping the Estuary skin.

Thank you!

Edit: I have multiple folders working in the video section, but then i lose the functionality of the home screen, where it shows recently added movies/shows etc.

Also, if anyone know how to get groupings for wtv recordings to work (similar to Windows media center), instead ot just a long list of file names in a directory, that would be awesome as well.
I guess I found a work around by using two profiles, so that is working now.

Still working on the wtv issue, if anyone can provide any input, that would be great. I would like to avoid converting the files, since I have a gazillion and keep getting new one's that are recording with HDHomerun and WMC.
Yes, profiles is the obvious solution and it's very purpose is to what you describe. Kodi want to make your entire library into a large flat file for slicing and dicing, the video button is really for file maintenance, hence profiles .

My presumption is that wtv = Windows TV format with the extension .ts? Kodi should handle transport stream files, named according to whatever WMC names them, but I'm not sure about that. You have probably found these HDHomeRun (wiki) and Add-on:HDHomeRun (wiki) you might enquire in this forum http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246658 perhaps they would be able to have more insight.

Suggestion: Check out Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 movies and TV folders in main menu0