• 100(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
YouTube v5.3.5 is working correctly as normal for me, including search, on Kodi v16.1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I have two streaming boxes, the YouTube app on both are as of today, nonfunctional. Every option within th app gets me the standard 'youtube error check the log for more information' error prompt.

Please note, I'm new to the forum and have never uploaded logs before; I hope this works:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23572176

Both boxes worked fine yesterday. Any ideas?
Okay, so something happened during the official repository PR and not all code changes were committed which is what is causing the errors:

if context.get_settings().is_override_view_enabled():
AttributeError: 'XbmcPluginSettings' object has no attribute 'is_override_view_enabled'
-->End of Python script error report<-
or
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'VIDEOS'

The missing changes have been merged now and 5.3.6 will be coming from official very soon(no changes from 5.3.5 otherwise)

Apologize for any troubles
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
@andrea1985, I would try Settings - Maintentance - Delete search history and Delete function cache
That should cause those to be recreated and hopefully resolve the issue for you.
@tetzy - your install contains banned add-ons (wiki) and repos which violate our forum rules (wiki).

It is ineligible for support here whilst they are present on the device.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-12-03, 13:42)anxdpanic Wrote: @andrea1985, I would try Settings - Maintentance - Delete search history and Delete function cache
That should cause those to be recreated and hopefully resolve the issue for you.

thanks.
It's working!!Big Grin
OK was on version 532 and everything worked great but got a update and it being from kodi repo it updated to 535 but now it gives error should go back to 532 or 536 is much better what do you think.thanks
Would suggest updating to 5.3.6 (from the Kodi repo),

<5.3.4 uses inputstream.mpd which will be gone by Kodi 17 release. 5.3.6 contains the changes to use the new inputstream.adaptive for dash and resolves the errors in 5.3.5
OK what version is the best that you recommend to put for addons that have YouTube playlists.thanks
Always the most updated when possible, get any bug fixes and recent additions.
OK so should we update to 536
I had the same issues with 5.3.5 on v17 Beta 6. Upgrading to 5.3.6 fixed it for me.
Thank you guys, for Unofficial version. Media Info View is important to me.
Does this YouTube work on 16.1 Jarvis because they had release 535 and didn't work so reverted back to working version 532 but now kodi repo has 536 is OK to update and YouTube will work have 16.1 Jarvis.thanks
Unfortunately I stilll have signnificant lags during inputstream playback with latest Android build. Disabling Mediacodec surface doesnt help either

Here is the log
Code:
ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec: GetOutputPicture: frame available: pts: 5800000

Does anyone can help?
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12