• 87(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
The request to get the information for playback has no cost(optional history list update post play does), where search costs 100 units

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...quota_cost
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Trying to get this working, and am getting quota exceeded messages. Using the 5.3.1 plug in. I tried all of the built in apis. I (think) I was able to set up my own api and would like to try it. What file and what values do I modify? I know it can be done through the settings, but it would take me forever using a remote. I'd like to cut and paste. Libreelec Jarvis if it makes a difference.
(2016-11-10, 03:08)nola mike Wrote: Trying to get this working, and am getting quota exceeded messages. Using the 5.3.1 plug in. I tried all of the built in apis. I (think) I was able to set up my own api and would like to try it. What file and what values do I modify? I know it can be done through the settings, but it would take me forever using a remote. I'd like to cut and paste. Libreelec Jarvis if it makes a difference.

I believe you'll need to edit the settings.xml file in the plugin.video.youtube folder located in your userdata folder.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2016-11-10, 03:08)nola mike Wrote: Trying to get this working, and am getting quota exceeded messages. Using the 5.3.1 plug in. I tried all of the built in apis. I (think) I was able to set up my own api and would like to try it. What file and what values do I modify? I know it can be done through the settings, but it would take me forever using a remote. I'd like to cut and paste. Libreelec Jarvis if it makes a difference.

$KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml

<setting id="youtube.api.enable" value="false" />
<setting id="youtube.api.id" value="" />
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value="" />
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value="" />

There you go.

once you got the API installed use the settings to check it's enabled.

jeff
My system (Linux Mint 18) just updated to the latest Kodi Nighly this morning (Kodi 17 Beta 6) and Youtube asked me to reactivate using provided codes. When I enter the codes on Google Kodi throws off an error message and says look at log. Not sure where to go from here. Below is the tail end of Kodi log at time of error message
[/code]
Code:
09:07:42.926 T:140631292234112   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
09:12:21.822 T:140630810883840  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.1) on Krypton (17.0) with Python 2.7.12
09:22:38.867 T:140630810883840   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 157, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 500, in on_root
                                                yt_login.process(mode, self, context, re_match, False)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/yt_login.py", line 99, in process
                                                access_token_kodi, expires_in_kodi, refresh_token_kodi = _do_login(_for_tv=False)
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
09:22:38.886 T:140630718150400  NOTICE: PulseAudio: Opened device Default in pcm mode with Buffersize 150 ms
09:22:38.916 T:140631292234112   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
09:22:38.917 T:140631292234112   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed
09:24:08.479 T:140630709757696  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.2.1) on Krypton (17.0) with Python 2.7.12
09:24:34.812 T:140630709757696   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: string index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 157, in _internal_root
                                                return self.on_root(context, re_match)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 500, in on_root
                                                yt_login.process(mode, self, context, re_match, False)
                                              File "/home/david/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/yt_login.py", line 123, in process
                                                access_token = '%s|%s' % (access_tokens[0], access_token_kodi)
                                            IndexError: string index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
09:24:34.832 T:140630718150400  NOTICE: PulseAudio: Opened device Default in pcm mode with Buffersize 150 ms
09:24:34.861 T:140631292234112   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/
09:24:34.861 T:140631292234112   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/) failed[code]

EDIT: Never mind I got it working again by going through the login screen for Youtube on Kodi
(2016-11-10, 03:43)jdf76 Wrote:

$KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml

<setting id="youtube.api.enable" value="false" />
<setting id="youtube.api.id" value="" />
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value="" />
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value="" />

There you go.

once you got the API installed use the settings to check it's enabled.

jeff

Thanks, finally got it working (I was looking in the settings.xml file for the stock APIs rather than filling in blank values). A couple of notes (maybe you could update the instructions on the first page).
1. When signing up for the API, there is no "server" option.
2. Include the whole string (including the apps.googleusercontent.com portion) in the client ID. Earlier threads had said not to include this section. Led to some grief.
(2016-11-10, 17:04)nola mike Wrote: 2. Include the whole string (including the apps.googleusercontent.com portion) in the client ID. Earlier threads had said not to include this section. Led to some grief.

Wondering if this is somehow OS dependent. I know some people have reported this part is needed, while most have reported it is not needed. Huh
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2016-11-10, 17:15)MetalChris Wrote:
(2016-11-10, 17:04)nola mike Wrote: 2. Include the whole string (including the apps.googleusercontent.com portion) in the client ID. Earlier threads had said not to include this section. Led to some grief.

Wondering if this is somehow OS dependent. I know some people have reported this part is needed, while most have reported it is not needed. Huh

I'm on an RPi2 running LibreElec. Without that string, I'd enter the first activation code, and then it would kick me back to the setup screen with a "login error" of some sort in the logs.
(2016-11-10, 17:17)nola mike Wrote:

I'm on an RPi2 running LibreElec. Without that string, I'd enter the first activation code, and then it would kick me back to the setup screen with a "login error" of some sort in the logs.

I entered the whole string (including the apps.googleusercontent.com portion) in the client ID On my Windows machine and got the same error............first activation code, and then kick me back to the setup screen with a "login error".

I'll try entering it without the entire string later. For now just using one of the preconfigured API
(2016-11-10, 17:04)nola mike Wrote: 1. When signing up for the API, there is no "server" option.
This part made me confused for a few seconds as I couldn't find any "server key" option.
I excluded the apps.googleusercontent.com portion and it worked fine for me. So as MetalChris suggested it could be OS dependent.

Also, it's my understanding by experience that the initial note which states the importance that you first must be signed in with the activations before adding the keys is not needed with version 5.3.1

The code removes it or adds it so i don't see why it would matter if you put it in.
yes the instructions do need to be updated.

Whole thing

API Key

OAuth Key

When i created a new API Key i wasn't asked for anythign special except for restrictions, and i didn't want any for i left it at none.

I Would choose other for creating an oauth key.

Hope this helps.
Jeff
I will try to look at this over the weekend but I'm quite involved with other commitments at the moment. Sorry users.

I hope there is some definitive information that we can decide on, but in any case, please keep testing all things and reporting your results to help with this.

I will try to update the API Instructions even if they are interim and will perhaps need to be updated thereafter.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-11-10, 21:13)jmh2002 Wrote: I will try to look at this over the weekend but I'm quite involved with other commitments at the moment. Sorry users.

I hope there is some definitive information that we can decide on, but in any case, please keep testing all things and reporting your results to help with this.

I will try to update the API Instructions even if they are interim and will perhaps need to be updated thereafter.

Do me a quick favor take out the word Server Key and change it to None. Least that will help for a bit till you have time to update.
The line in the instructions says:

"Select Create Credentials > API Key > Server Key > Create"

What should it say instead?

Sorry I don't can't look in detail myself tonight (european time).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12