• 92(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2016-11-18, 05:25)cat2115 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 22:08)jmh2002 Wrote: You only need to enter the keys in the YouTube settings.

If you want to copy and paste then do so below in the settings.xml file in Kodi > userdata > addon_data > plugin.video.youtube

<setting id="youtube.api.id" value=" " />
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value=" " />
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value=" " />

Hi,

After updating to v5.3.3 from v5.2.x and using the same API key from v5.2.x, I get

Quote:Error reason: |quotaExceeded| with message: |The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.|

I even create a new key and still give me quoteExceeded on Windows 10.

-====
Go back to 5.2.2 and using my old API key, no more quoteExceeded. Not sure why in 5.3.3 caused me to have quoteExceeced for old and new api key.

Did you make sure it's enabled in your API Developers Dashboard? I forget to to that for my sister and ran into the same kinda issue. Everything was entered into the add-on correctly, but still got errors. Once I enabled the YouTube Data API v3, everything started working fine.

I don't remember having to enable it manually when I set up my own API but maybe I just got a bad memory. lol
(2016-11-18, 05:25)cat2115 Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 22:08)jmh2002 Wrote: You only need to enter the keys in the YouTube settings.

If you want to copy and paste then do so below in the settings.xml file in Kodi > userdata > addon_data > plugin.video.youtube

<setting id="youtube.api.id" value=" " />
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value=" " />
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value=" " />

Hi,

After updating to v5.3.3 from v5.2.x and using the same API key from v5.2.x, I get

Quote:Error reason: |quotaExceeded| with message: |The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.|

I even create a new key and still give me quoteExceeded on Windows 10.

-====
Go back to 5.2.2 and using my old API key, no more quoteExceeded. Not sure why in 5.3.3 caused me to have quoteExceeced for old and new api key.

Did you enable the key?

Jeff
I did not. Thanks. Just a question if possible.

Is there a way to enable the API instead of actually open YouTube and manually enable it? Will this work.
In __config__.py line "not __settings.get_bool('youtube.api.enable', True) else False"

Also is this how I put the API key (see red font):
<setting id="youtube.api.key" type="text" label="30201" default="KEY HERE" visible="eq(-1,true)"/>
<setting id="youtube.api.id" type="text" label="30202" default="KEY HERE" visible="eq(-2,true)"/>
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" type="text" label="30203" default="KEY HERE" visible="eq(-3,true)"/>

[/quote]
(2016-11-18, 16:16)cat2115 Wrote: I did not. Thanks. Just a question if possible.

Is there a way to enable the API instead of actually open YouTube and manually enable it? Will this work.
In __config__.py line "not __settings.get_bool('youtube.api.enable', True) else False"

<setting id="youtube.api.key" type="text" label="30201" default="KEY HERE" visible="eq(-1,true)"/>
<setting id="youtube.api.id" type="text" label="30202" default="KEY HERE" visible="eq(-2,true)"/>
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" type="text" label="30203" default="KEY HERE" visible="eq(-3,true)"/>

look at the following in the settings.xml and make sure it's set to true.
<setting id="youtube.api.enable" value="true" />

Jeff
(2016-11-18, 16:16)cat2115 Wrote: I did not. Thanks. Just a question if possible.

Based on what you quoted above, as I mentioned yesterday I think you are changing the wrong things in the wrong places.

The lines of code you quote above are from this file: Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\settings.xml

The lines of code you should be changing are in this file: Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube\settings.xml

Please take good care to note the difference.

So to recap, all that is necessary is to change the following lines of code in the above file:

<setting id="youtube.api.enable" value="true" />
<setting id="youtube.api.id" value="Client ID" />
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value="API Key" />
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value="Client Secret" />

Also as I suggested yesterday, if you have been changing random files incorrectly then you could have a big mess there.

I would suggest totally deleting the YouTube addon and making a clean install to be sure.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
@Jeff

A lot of this recently discussed information was in my original instructions but has not been included in your newly updated version.

For many users it may not be clear.

Also, is this step no longer necessary? I dont see it in your instructions:

Step 2:
Click HERE - https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library
Go to YouTube APIs > Select YouTube Data API > Enable

Also I had previously included some information regarding how users can make some checks. Perhaps I will add this to a FAQ.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2016-11-18, 18:40)jmh2002 Wrote: @Jeff

A lot of this recently discussed information was in my original instructions but has not been included in your newly updated version.

Step 2:

Also I had previously included some information regarding how users can make some checks. Perhaps I will add this to a FAQ.

@jmh2002

I would be grateful if you'd be so kind as to take that over for me. I threw that up quick and dirty just to give a user a quick insight on what to do. If I missed any pics you tell me what I missed and I'll do a quick snap shot. I'll send you the exact msg w/o the mybb auto-formatting in in a pm.

Thanks

Jeff
(2016-11-18, 18:40)jmh2002 Wrote: @Jeff

Step 2:

This is exactly what I talking about earlier in my last post. If this step isn't taken, he can put his API in the add-on correctly but will still get errors when trying to use it.
(2016-11-18, 18:44)jdf76 Wrote: @jmh2002

I would be grateful if you'd be so kind as to take that over for me.

Ok I'll see how I go.
In any case I have also started a FAQ in Post #3 on the first page to add extra info that might not be in Post #1
It will be very much a step by step work in progress.

If there are subjects or notes that you think should be added please let me know.
(2016-11-18, 18:56)UraFarquad Wrote: This is exactly what I talking about earlier in my last post. If this step isn't taken, he can put his API in the add-on correctly but will still get errors when trying to use it.

Yes I assumed it was. It was in my original instructions, but they were superseded. I have PM'd Jeff and it will get added in due course.
(2016-11-19, 07:47)Karthikaqpt Wrote: What is a RED line below the video thumbnail indicating?
Hi everyone! I am noticing these red lines at the bottom of my videos thumbnail. Here is a picture. I cannot seem to find an answer to this. The videos plays fine and there are further no other issues. What is this indicating?

It's basically indicating how much you have watched of the video as a timeline marker. Worth noting is that it shows approximately where you stopped to watch the clip.
Hi,

So I've got the latest add-on version installed 5.3.3 on the latest nightly Milhouse build of Kodi 17 for RPi.

I generated my own API keys as described in the start of this thread, all good, they are entered into the YouTube plugin settings.

But selecting 'Sign In' leaves me with a busy spinning icon and nothing actually happens, I don't get the option to 'Sign In'.

Am I doing something wrong?
Known issue with Milhouse build?
Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've tried to search the thread but can't find anything similar.

Any pointers would be appreciated, would a log help? If so which one?

Thanks,

Frank

EDIT - Leaving it for sometime eventually the first verify code appeared which I input into the youtube.com/activate URL. Unfortunately nothing else has happened. No 2nd activation code etc.

Double EDIT - Got signed in eventually. There is an issue with how long it takes to sign in, well on my set up at least. Leaving the login boxes for an unreasonable amount of time, eventually the activation keys appear both times. But the whole process is taking around 20 mins to complete.
@jdf76:

Now that I gathered some experience in Kodi addon developement, I started experimenting with a few arguments changes at youtube addon.

There seems to be some inconsistency with newer Kodi versions and platforms having older python versions. For example Jarvis on Windows has 2.7.X and android was left with 2.6.X.

1) Line 281 here code is unreachable. Perhaps we may have to try commenting line #279 in the same file.

2) There is lot of legacy code left here. I suggest changing it to at least this, which is ok at least from Helix:

Code:
item = xbmcgui.ListItem(label=video_item.get_title())
item.setArt({'thumb': video_item.get_image()})
item.setIconImage(video_item.get_image())  # deprecated since Jarvis

3) There is a bug affecting Jarvis and older versions of Kodi. If an addon calls youtube, its list_item will be replaced with the one from youtube, unless this addon has cacheToDisc=False in xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory.

Other than the above youtube works really fine for me. I also inserted my own api keys.
Hi there,

are there any plans on implementing suppot for youtube 4k video playback?

This would be great!

Cheers,
Chris
unRAID Server, Pioneer VSX-LX52, Panasonic 65VT30, Marusys VU+ Duo, Zotac AD10
@ix400, Kodi Krypton have support via DASH. Here plugin run in 4k

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12