• 99(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
I added the view override back to the latest version in github for personal use and shared it here. The version number is changed to 6.0.0 in case the later repo verson overwrite it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pCUVs...sp=sharing
Hello,

I'm facing an issue with sharing YouTube playlist from yatse to kodi.
When the playlist starts to play, it skips to video n°2 automatically after 2 or 3 seconds, so video n°1 is not fully played.

Any help?
Here is a copy of the current with the override, content type reverted and updated estuary views as of V2: Unofficial 5.3.5

@xodi Thanks, it's appreciated Smile In the future please do not version bump linked copies. Installing an unofficial copy should be a manual process, and a users choice for disabling automatic updates for the add-on. If a critical change happens at let's say 5.4.0, a user would require uninstalling and reinstalling vs choosing to click 'Update'. I have also updated some views in the above zip, so if you could remove the link to the version bumped zip that would be appreciated.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
@anakill: does the first video play at all in that 2-3 seconds?
If you can provide a debug log with that happening, I can take a look when I get a chance.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Hey there, I'm having problems with Kodi crashing randomly. The only consistent thing I can see is that it always seems to happen when I am in the YouTube add on. I can't see anything in the main Kodi log, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this? Is there a addon log that I'm missing?
debug log (wiki) is all there is and all you need (with logging enabled).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-12-02, 10:07)xodi Wrote: I added the view override back to the latest version in github for personal use and shared it here. The version number is changed to 6.0.0 in case the later repo verson overwrite it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9pCUVs...sp=sharing

Thanks! Appreciate it!
(2016-12-02, 14:33)anxdpanic Wrote: Here is a copy of the current with the override, content type reverted and updated estuary views as of V2: Unofficial 5.3.5

@anxdpanic - bless you a thousand times for this !! Nod

I've been holding back my comments on how much I miss the "media views" from the YT addon... THANK YOU for doing what so many have been thinking of.

Is there a table of values (with corresponding views) I can consult, to set my overrides appropriately ? I've not used this feature from the settings before, and a little guidance would go a long way !

Thanks again for making the experience a little friendlier Laugh
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
after 5.3.5 update was applied, am no longer able to do anything in youtube.

Code:
20:42:29 T:5008  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.5) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
20:42:29 T:5008   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
   - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
   Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
   Error Contents: 'XbmcPluginSettings' object has no attribute 'is_override_view_enabled'
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
       runner.run(__provider__)
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
       __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 59, in run
       if context.get_settings().is_override_view_enabled():
     AttributeError: 'XbmcPluginSettings' object has no attribute 'is_override_view_enabled'
       -->End of Python script error report<--
(2016-12-02, 14:33)anxdpanic Wrote: Here is a copy of the current with the override, content type reverted and updated estuary views as of V2: Unofficial 5.3.5

@xodi Thanks, it's appreciated Smile In the future please do not version bump linked copies. Installing an unofficial copy should be a manual process, and a users choice for disabling automatic updates for the add-on. If a critical change happens at let's say 5.4.0, a user would require uninstalling and reinstalling vs choosing to click 'Update'. I have also updated some views in the above zip, so if you could remove the link to the version bumped zip that would be appreciated.

Oh yeah.... i installed it tomorrow Smile

It's possibly this is a little OT question but now it's concern about autoupdate of this addons:
I have a question about the future update about this plugins..... i have so many repository have this same plugins, i have the official kodi repo.... i have the official 1.0 repo picked from this thread and other 2 repo have different version. My question it's........i can exclude one of this repo and maintain only one of this for this addons (also i have a lot of addons it's present in multi repo.. and if yes i can do this for all) when the autoupdate it's be checked ?
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2016-12-03, 03:50)gitman Wrote: after 5.3.5 update was applied, am no longer able to do anything in youtube.

Code:
20:42:29 T:5008  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.5) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
20:42:29 T:5008   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
   Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
   Error Contents: 'XbmcPluginSettings' object has no attribute 'is_override_view_enabled'
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
       runner.run(__provider__)
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 59, in run
       if context.get_settings().is_override_view_enabled():
     AttributeError: 'XbmcPluginSettings' object has no attribute 'is_override_view_enabled'

the override view stuff got removed in 5.3.4, which i thought i had been running. but xbmc_runner.py clearly still had the old code in it. i went ahead and installed 5.3.5 from the zip file, at which point kodi reported "addon enabled", and then youtube started working fine again. not sure WTF happened there.
I had the same problem as the above poster with errors after the automatic update to 5.3.5. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still had the issue. I had to download the zip and install that way to get it to work.

Of course, then came the disappointment of the removal of views. I was able to install the unofficial version to get them back and turned off automatic updates.

This "requirement" that has been instituted is disheartening. Regardless of any reasons behind it, all it has done is take away user choices and create disappointment. It's like the typical Microsoft "upgrade." Either the Kodi developers need to get rid of the (in my opinion) unnecessary requirement, or make the additional views an option for non-episode content.
Version 535 is for kodi 17 right does it work with 16.1.
hello, when I try to do a search on you tube I have the following error:
do you know what is it and how to fix it?
thanks

09:35:06 279.435669 T:1642067008 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.4) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.3
09:35:06 279.817993 T:1642067008 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.DatabaseError'>
Error Contents: file is encrypted or is not a database
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 123, in navigate
result = method(context, re_match)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 263, in _internal_search
for search in search_history.list():
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/utils/search_history.py", line 18, in list
keys = self._get_ids(oldest_first=False)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/utils/storage.py", line 166, in _get_ids
self._open()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/utils/storage.py", line 57, in _open
self._cursor.execute('PRAGMA journal_mode=MEMORY')
DatabaseError: file is encrypted or is not a database
maybe youtube changed its site?
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12