• 4(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
Thanks this really helped
@jdf76:

Ok, I made code changes to implement and enhance the random key pool method by forum member ntdrt. In the add-on settings 'API Key' there will be a radio button that the end-user can select to enhance the default or personal API key set. This radio button is on by default, so random key selection is active. A random API key set (which Kolifanes created 8 key sets for youtube version 5.1.19) will be used in addition to the default or a personal key set (if entered). The way I implemented this does not disturb the default or a personal API key set (if entered). This means folks who have entered their own key set will not lose it when updating the add-on and the default key can always be reactivated if required.

So what does this all mean?

If 'Use random key pool' is active = Random key pool of 9 key sets.
If 'Use random key pool' is active + Personal key set = Random key pool of 10 key sets.
If the end-user deselects 'Use random key pool', then of course they are limiting use to only the default key or a personal API key (if entered).

I have NOT submitted a pull request yet, but here are the new changes.

5.1.20.6 (2016-04-xx)
[add] 'Use random key pool' in add-on settings gui by misty01
[upd] All string.po for new random key pool functionality
[add] Random key pool by ntdrt, modified by misty01
[add] API keys used for random key pool by Kolifanes
[add] Greek translation by twilight0
[upd] Italian translation by DjDiabolik

@twilight0:

Since you have not submitted a pull request for your Greek translations to Kolifanes master, I added your changes to my master. I have one more translation for you. Once I get your translation I will submit a PR to Kolifanes' master.

Code:
msgctxt "#30204"
msgid "Use random key pool"
msgstr "<Greek translation here>"
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19. Install via my k19-addons repository.
I don't have a lot of experience on how git and github works with the pull requests and such, I was expecting Kolifanes or jdf76 to merge the changes I 've made. I will add the msgtxt "#30204" as well to the greek translation.

EDIT: I just made the pull request to Kolifanes repo in case that helps.
@misty01 and @jdf76
You have now the access to the repo in Github.
Thank you guys I really appreciate your help and work!

Jeff
I was able to commit German and Greek language changes, but I'm having merge conflicts with my own pull request and I'm not sure how to resolve it. I've tried to edit and re-edit my files, but I can't get a smooth merge to Kolifanes master. I'm stuck. I'm willing to submit a PR. but I think a manual merge and commit might be needed to accept my changes? Let me know how to proceed with this.
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19. Install via my k19-addons repository.
(2016-04-04, 18:44)misty01 Wrote: I was able to commit German and Greek language changes, but I'm having merge conflicts with my own pull request and I'm not sure how to resolve it. I've tried to edit and re-edit my files, but I can't get a smooth merge to Kolifanes master. I'm stuck. I'm willing to submit a PR. but I think a manual merge and commit might be needed to accept my changes? Let me know how to proceed with this.

If you'd like me to do the manual entry i can do that for you. I have no problem doing some of the work Wink Is it complaining because of the langauge changes were commited before the changes you made?

Jeff
What does this issue mean?
If you're going to Youtube, on the Left side there is a category named "Subscriptions". Is this list meant? (The list of the Subscribed channels) or is the List of "My Subscriptions" meant? (The list of the Videos uploaded by the channels)

(2016-04-02, 19:51)jdf76 Wrote: Current issue list.

4. My Subscriptions does NOT sort by date

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735
a user has submited an issue saying his subscriptions sort incorrectly. Check out at the end of the old thread and you'll see the original person presenting the issue.

On our plugin the MY subscriptions would be the same as the Subscriptions on the Youtube TV App.

Jeff

(2016-04-04, 18:57)h0d3nt3uf3l Wrote: What does this issue mean?
If you're going to Youtube, on the Left side there is a category named "Subscriptions". Is this list meant? (The list of the Subscribed channels) or is the List of "My Subscriptions" meant? (The list of the Videos uploaded by the channels)

(2016-04-02, 19:51)jdf76 Wrote: Current issue list.

4. My Subscriptions does NOT sort by date

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735
@jdf76
May I suggest to make sure the working branches are protect against force push if you haven't done that already. It's somewhere in settings
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Okay found it
Quote:I tested in confluence and a clean install, yes. Even after a clean install, I get items out of order in my subscriptions on page 2, and I recall this also happening on page 1. Also you're right-- only unchanged default sort ascending works at all, changing the sort breaks it entirely.

Not sure if this should be tried to be fixed.
If you click on "My Subscriptions" you have a chronological sorted table. If you go to the sideblade from confluence and change the order, its completely crashed. Also if you click again on "Standard", the sorting is broken. But if you go back and click again on "My Subscriptions" the sorting is right again. So this "issue" goes hand in hand with the skin.
(2016-04-04, 18:57)jdf76 Wrote: If you'd like me to do the manual entry i can do that for you. I have no problem doing some of the work Wink Is it complaining because of the langauge changes were commited before the changes you made?

Jeff

I know for sure my branch was not synced with K's master after the language changes. I downloaded the latest master source (after language changes) and made my changes on that source. I then pushed & committed to my github master which was no problem. When I tried several times to submit a PR to K's master I was running into merge conflicts. Please do a manual entry to get my changes in. There's probably a 'github' way to automatically sync master to fork after master changes, haven't figured out how though.

One thing I noticed is that there is a .git folder in the release zip file. It does not affect the installation of the add-on in Kodi but does not need to be included either. Maybe a .gitignore file is needed?
a big thank you goes to Misty01,twilight0 and the other individuals for our first Pre-Release under the new thread/mgmt. I apologized for whose named i missed.

EDIT: ** found issue with API Keys ** sorry

I will be making a new repo here in the next couple of days (tonight or tomorrow or weds as time permits).

As always check my sig for the new release and check the first post for the updates.

Thank you for all those who have stayed with us, and plan to be with us for the long haul.

Thanks
Jeff
I don't know any programming language, but I will keep an eye on you guys in case anything needs to be updated in my greek translation. If it wasn't for the recent Kodi build I 've made for my mom perhaps I wouldn't get involved in this, so I plan to do translations for other add-ons as well. I 've already made for Tunein Radio add-on, only the author's been left to merge it.

@jdf76: I suppose with "stable" release we 're going to have a repo for this, aren't we? And if all goes well, it will be added to the official Kodi repo, yes?
@twilight0

Yeah thats my plan, just give me like a day to do this. Since i have access to kolifanes repo i can definately make the repo now.

Thank you for your help in translation and if you know of any other langs you would like to tackle we don't have shoot me a message Smile

Thank you again!

Jeff
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12