• 88(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
1. Create Credentials > API Key > Close
2. Create Credentials > OAuth Client ID > Other > Create
Yup thats pretty much it.

Jeff
(2016-11-10, 01:42)anxdpanic Wrote: The request to get the information for playback has no cost(optional history list update post play does), where search costs 100 units

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3...quota_cost

So, at least if this was in response to my post... the searching is where the quota comes in, but playing would work all along even with older versions of the plugin??

Seems like a crazy thing to limit, on googles end. kind of mind boggling actually.
Can you to add support for dash formats? That would be good as there are formats with 60 fps. This formats supports in Daum Pot Player.
(2016-11-11, 08:28)Lirk Wrote: Can you to add support for dash formats? That would be good as there are formats with 60 fps. This formats supports in Daum Pot Player.

Lrik, i suggest you read the whole thread. I know it's a pain but you'll find out what you need there.

Just some friendly pointers

Thanks,

Jeff
Hello guys.
I have a crazy problem. I'm positive it's not related to the YT addon but i just want your opinion on it. Few days ago i created the API keys for the addon cause i was sick of the quota errors etc.

Everything was fine until 3 hours ago. I was watching a Linus Tech Tips video and then i wanted to watch vsauce. The video started playing and after a minute KODI just froze. I figured the addon froze or something cause it used to happen in the past sometimes. So i kill KODI and start the youtube addon again. I try to play a video and boom, nothing. Kodi starts to act like its gonna freeze. I wait and let it get back to life, i browse the addon, my liked videod, watch later, history etc. Everything is working fine, but i still cant play a yt video.

I open up chrome, go to youtube, it barely loads the video after waiting for like 10-15 seconds. I take my phone, go to youtube, same thing on my phone. Try mobile data, it loads fine on mobile data. Try to go to playstore, my phone wont download apps. It downloads fine on mobile data. I then start Opera browser, i try a youtube video, same thing. I turn on VPN, and boom, it loads instantly!!! What the hell is going on? It's like google is blocking my ip or something. I don't get it. In despair i even went and deleted my api keys, and put a request to delete the project. It's pointless but yeah....

Everything else works and loads perfectly fine. Called my ISP, they say that everything is ok. Is it possible that my ip, or idk what is blocked, or my ISP is fucking stupid and lying about some issue? The thing is i cant reset my ip myself, and they claim that everything is ok. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

To the mods: If this doesn't belong here im sorry, move it or delete it.
(2016-11-11, 11:16)SnakeCRO Wrote: Hello guys.
I have a crazy problem. I'm positive it's not related to the YT addon but i just want your opinion on it. Few days ago i created the API keys for the addon cause i was sick of the quota errors etc.

Everything was fine until 3 hours ago. I was watching a Linus Tech Tips video and then i wanted to watch vsauce. The video started playing and after a minute KODI just froze. I figured the addon froze or something cause it used to happen in the past sometimes. So i kill KODI and start the youtube addon again. I try to play a video and boom, nothing. Kodi starts to act like its gonna freeze. I wait and let it get back to life, i browse the addon, my liked videod, watch later, history etc. Everything is working fine, but i still cant play a yt video.

I open up chrome, go to youtube, it barely loads the video after waiting for like 10-15 seconds. I take my phone, go to youtube, same thing on my phone. Try mobile data, it loads fine on mobile data. Try to go to playstore, my phone wont download apps. It downloads fine on mobile data. I then start Opera browser, i try a youtube video, same thing. I turn on VPN, and boom, it loads instantly!!! What the hell is going on? It's like google is blocking my ip or something. I don't get it. In despair i even went and deleted my api keys, and put a request to delete the project. It's pointless but yeah....

Everything else works and loads perfectly fine. Called my ISP, they say that everything is ok. Is it possible that my ip, or idk what is blocked, or my ISP is fucking stupid and lying about some issue? The thing is i cant reset my ip myself, and they claim that everything is ok. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!

To the mods: If this doesn't belong here im sorry, move it or delete it.

That definately doesn't sound like a kodi or a yt problem. It could just be a routing problem. Youtube does use a CDN (content distribution network) to send videos so sometimes the videos don't always load like they should. whenever i get a video that runs like garbage, i wait a day or 2 and try it again.

Jeff
It has to be my ISP, there is no other explanation. I mean why would play store be fucked too? Thanks for the reply.
would it be possible to add the ability to queue a playlist without replacing what is already in the queue?
the custom api is working for me on popular now but when i try to login it gives me loggin error after imputing the first youtube activate code any suggestions will post logs soon

exluding apps.googleusercontent.com didnt help same error

error log http://pastebin.com/GdHBszM7 using android box
the first code is for youtube-tv. the second one is for your oath.

can you post a screen shot of what your API key looks like you can pm it to me if you don't know how to black out your keys.

Jeff
why I get youtube quta exceeded
Kodi v17 “Krypton” Latest Released
Windows 8.1
(2016-11-12, 01:59)koomak Wrote: why I get youtube quta exceeded

At the risk of sounding rude, why you no read the pages back which explains why you get exceed quota.

Simply put you share a key with how many other users that use the plugin. You only get so many keys.

You can either select another one from the pool. I believe there are 6 or 7 of them or create your own personalized API Key.

Thank you
Jeff
Hello all you wonderful people.

I created a VERY simplistic guide to create an Custom API Key with pictures. just to note that key doesn't work anymore. I deleted it so if you try it you'll get probably like going to be deleted or something i don't know. but anyways give it a shot if you're trying to make an API key.

Good Luck

Post # 2
5.3.2 is released and all is well. couple API tweaks here and here, some minor updates.

Download Here

If no problems pop up. I'll pust to kodi repo
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12