• 91(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
Hello, congrats for the updates and general development of the add-on, really appreciate.
What does the "Use preset API key set" setting do? I thought it was selecting alternative API keys (and less crowded ones, since only a few users would alter that setting), but I tried a few yesterday and none of it worked.

Edit OK I just read back that I have to delete settings.xml before altering the keys. Sorry I missed that. Will try it later.
(2016-11-16, 09:01)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 08:48)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 08:00)UraFarquad Wrote: When setting up playlists to use as custom history, and custom watch later, is there something I'm missing??

I set up a playlists for each. One using <playlist is history> and the other <playlist is later>. Save and exit out. I go into add-ons. Into YouTube add-on settings. Set history to use playlist ID "history". Watch Later is set to playlist ID "later". I save and exit.

I start add-on. Go to Recommendations. Bring up context menu and select Watch Later. Error. Can't find playlist. I watch a video, try to check history. Error. Notification box disappears before entire error shows itself.

You know thats a good question. I think the ID's are numbers. I think you should set up the playlists on the website and get the id from there.

Edited:

ok, here the fun with that

When you go to the website www.youtube.com you'll see this URL when you go to one of your playlists

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLveM7mx3orDDe3ybhVunJd13d87Us2jvP

Once there you'll need the PLveM7mx3orDDe3ybhVunJd13d87Us2jvP part and that will be your ID.

Jeff

Sounds good. I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back.

Thanks for airways responding. This is the quickest responding thread I follow on the entire forum!!

Got both playlists up and running. Works beautifully. Love being able to keep a history and the wife is gonna love being able to earmark videos to watch later.
(2016-11-16, 16:16)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 09:01)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2016-11-16, 08:48)jdf76 Wrote: You know thats a good question. I think the ID's are numbers. I think you should set up the playlists on the website and get the id from there.

Edited:

ok, here the fun with that

When you go to the website www.youtube.com you'll see this URL when you go to one of your playlists

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLveM7mx3orDDe3ybhVunJd13d87Us2jvP

Once there you'll need the PLveM7mx3orDDe3ybhVunJd13d87Us2jvP part and that will be your ID.

Jeff

Sounds good. I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back.

Thanks for airways responding. This is the quickest responding thread I follow on the entire forum!!

Got both playlists up and running. Works beautifully. Love being able to keep a history and the wife is gonna love being able to earmark videos to watch later.

Now remember, this isn't the official youtube watch later/history stuff, so when you do stuff on other youtube apps, it wont use the same method.

Jeff
(2016-11-16, 21:10)jdf76 Wrote: Now remember, this isn't the official youtube watch later/history stuff, so when you do stuff on other youtube apps, it wont use the same method.

Jeff

Yup!! It's actually better this way. It keeps what I watch on my phone, tablet and smart tv separate from the stuff my wife watches thru Kodi. No recipes or videos about metal detecting will show up in my phone this way!! lol
There you go.

Jeff
(2016-11-12, 20:02)mhs173 Wrote:
(2016-11-12, 18:11)xbmosx Wrote: While playing a playlist it would be nice to have an option to delete a video from the context menu (while in playlist view). And I mean deleting it not only from the loaded playlist but from the youtube playlist altogether. Right now this doesn't seem to be possible (or couldn't find it).

Assuming you are signed in and it's one of your own created playlists, it's fully possible to delete videos within the add-on when in the view of a specific playlist with the option "remove" in the context menu.

EDIT:

Never mind, I totally misunderstood you.

Yeah, thanks for trying to help. I think I should have made myself more clear probably. Best is I try to describe my use case. Imagine I added a few thousand music videos to playlist in youtube from various sources. Now I want to play this playlist in shuffle mode on my TV via Kodi and have my own personalized nonstop Music TV :-)

Problem is with that amount of tracks from time to time there is something in there accidentally that I want to - not only skip but - remove from the youtube playlist altogether - so it never pops up again. Ideally directly from within the addon and without interrupting the ongoing playback of the playlist. I'm aware that I could go back to the playlist menu, search the track (from within thousands) and use the "remove" function. The easiest way I could think of would be to use the context menu within the current playlist view ("c" key on keyboard while video is playing - or whatever your setup is to go to playlist view) because there the current track is already highlighted. Also this context menu already offers a few options to manipulate the youtube playlists directly (e.g. subsrcibe to..., add to..., more.. etc.).

Maybe adding this feature (if possible) would also be useful for others?
Hello,

Apologies if this bug is already known: missing video in channel

to recreate:
go to Search, enter 'rahdo' - go to 'Channels' - pick 'rahdo'
you will now see a list of videos this author has created descending order:
- Lorenzi il... (5 vids)
- Lisboa...(5 vids)
- Wizards of the tabletop runthrough
- 2017 gaming calendar runthrough
- pillars of...(5 vids)

if you go to youtube in pc (or android app)
searching for 'rahdo' and going to 'channels' then 'videos'

3 videos about "Saloon Tycoon" is not showing in the kodi addon.
it will be between
"Wizards of the tabletop Runthrough"
and
"2017 Gaming Calendar Runthrough"

tested using version 5.3.3 of the youtube addon
Sorry if already asked. I already merged my own API Key in YouTube v5.2.x. Now that v5.3.3 already released, can I still use the same API key for 5.3.3 that was in v5.2.x?

Thanks
Yes you can use your own Personal API Keys in v5.3.3, and normally those Personal Keys will be kept during the update.

After updating you should only need to log in again, with the normal two authorization codes method.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
You only need to enter the keys in the YouTube settings.

If you want to copy and paste then do so below in the settings.xml file in Kodi > userdata > addon_data > plugin.video.youtube

<setting id="youtube.api.id" value=" " />
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value=" " />
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value=" " />
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
Ok thanks you and I will deleted all that screenshot so it won't confuse other.
Yes, it looks like possibly you have made changes in Kodi > userdata > addons > plugin.video.youtube by mistake.

If you are having problems and made some changes in various different places, then to be 100% sure I would delete both plugin.video.youtube folders (addons and userdata) and after reinstall the YouTube addon (you will lose your settings).
(2016-11-10, 03:43)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-11-10, 03:08)nola mike Wrote: Trying to get this working, and am getting quota exceeded messages. Using the 5.3.1 plug in. I tried all of the built in apis. I (think) I was able to set up my own api and would like to try it. What file and what values do I modify? I know it can be done through the settings, but it would take me forever using a remote. I'd like to cut and paste. Libreelec Jarvis if it makes a difference.

$KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml

<setting id="youtube.api.enable" value="false" />
<setting id="youtube.api.id" value="" />
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value="" />
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value="" />

There you go.

once you got the API installed use the settings to check it's enabled.

jeff

@jdf76
Thanks for this magnificent work and all the effort you put in this to keep Youtube add-on alive.
I just followed your instructions to create a personal API key and I want to share with everybody here some issues that I faced in the process.

After creating the API KEY, Client ID and Secret Client Key I proceeded to find the SETTINGS.XML of the add-on in the address you pointed but, since I have Kodi installed on a Windows computer I couldn't find it there, the location for windows users is in:

Code:
C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube

Next step was modifying the XML file and here was where I got a little bit confuse... as you can see, the code doesn't say CLIENT ID nowhere and I was placing the key of the CLIENT ID in the API KEY field, then I opened Kodi and tested the changes and I was getting an error, so, I switched those values to:

Code:
<setting id="youtube.api.enable" value="false" /> goes TRUE
<setting id="youtube.api.id" value="" /> goes CLIENT ID
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value="" /> goes API ID
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value=" /> goes SECRET CLIENT ID

I opened Kodi and tested again and got other error message, so I went to search for the log file and found this:

Code:
ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |accessNotConfigured| with message: |Access Not Configured. YouTube Data API has not been used in project 0123456789 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube/overview?project=0123456789 then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.|

I headed to the link inside the log file, clicked enable, tested again and finally it worked.

I hope this helps out to people like me that don't have a clue about what exactly an API KEY is and does.
(2016-11-18, 03:13)RobertoHN Wrote: @jdf76
Thanks for this magnificent work and all the effort you put in this to keep Youtube add-on alive.
I just followed your instructions to create a personal API key and I want to share with everybody here some issues that I faced in the process.

After creating the API KEY, Client ID and Secret Client Key I proceeded to find the SETTINGS.XML of the add-on in the address you pointed but, since I have Kodi installed on a Windows computer I couldn't find it there, the location for windows users is in:

Code:
C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube

Next step was modifying the XML file and here was where I got a little bit confuse... as you can see, the code doesn't say CLIENT ID nowhere and I was placing the key of the CLIENT ID in the API KEY field, then I opened Kodi and tested the changes and I was getting an error, so, I switched those values to:

Code:
<setting id="youtube.api.enable" value="false" /> goes TRUE
<setting id="youtube.api.id" value="" /> goes CLIENT ID
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value="" /> goes API ID
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value=" /> goes SECRET CLIENT ID

I opened Kodi and tested again and got other error message, so I went to search for the log file and found this:

Code:
ERROR: [plugin.video.youtube] Error reason: |accessNotConfigured| with message: |Access Not Configured. YouTube Data API has not been used in project 0123456789 before or it is disabled. Enable it by visiting https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube/overview?project=0123456789 then retry. If you enabled this API recently, wait a few minutes for the action to propagate to our systems and retry.|

I headed to the link inside the log file, clicked enable, tested again and finally it worked.

I hope this helps out to people like me that don't have a clue about what exactly an API KEY is and does.

Ok added a kind of explanation in the API creation page. When I created the key for that demo it said it was already enabled. I'll have to try again under a different account on on my regular domains.

Jeff
(2016-11-17, 22:08)jmh2002 Wrote: You only need to enter the keys in the YouTube settings.

If you want to copy and paste then do so below in the settings.xml file in Kodi > userdata > addon_data > plugin.video.youtube

<setting id="youtube.api.id" value=" " />
<setting id="youtube.api.key" value=" " />
<setting id="youtube.api.secret" value=" " />

Hi,

After updating to v5.3.3 from v5.2.x and using the same API key from v5.2.x, I get

Quote:Error reason: |quotaExceeded| with message: |The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href="/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota">quota</a>.|

I even create a new key and still give me quoteExceeded on Windows 10.

-====
Go back to 5.2.2 and using my old API key, no more quoteExceeded. Not sure why in 5.3.3 caused me to have quoteExceeced for old and new api key.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12