• 101(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2016-12-03, 05:33)gitman Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 03:50)gitman Wrote: after 5.3.5 update was applied, am no longer able to do anything in youtube.

Code:
20:42:29 T:5008  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.5) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
20:42:29 T:5008   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
   - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
   Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
   Error Contents: 'XbmcPluginSettings' object has no attribute 'is_override_view_enabled'
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
       runner.run(__provider__)
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
       __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 59, in run
       if context.get_settings().is_override_view_enabled():
     AttributeError: 'XbmcPluginSettings' object has no attribute 'is_override_view_enabled'
       -->End of Python script error report<--

the override view stuff got removed in 5.3.4, which i thought i had been running. but xbmc_runner.py clearly still had the old code in it. i went ahead and installed 5.3.5 from the zip file, at which point kodi reported "addon enabled", and then youtube started working fine again. not sure WTF happened there.

I'm guessing something got fubared with your upgrade. This also is probably because a setting is stored in your settings.xml. I hate to ask you this but you're going to have to reset your settings, which means you'll need to re-input your key if you use a private API Key. if you have shell access or editor access you can just simply input the key that way.

I think once you wipe that it should act as if you're setting this up for the first time.

If you are still getting the error then you'll need to reinstall the youtube plugin.

Jeff
(2016-12-04, 00:34)everlast Wrote: Does this YouTube work on 16.1 Jarvis because they had release 535 and didn't work so reverted back to working version 532 but now kodi repo has 536 is OK to update and YouTube will work have 16.1 Jarvis.thanks

The 535/532 isn't as important to your version, there are some advantages to running the latest which is 5.3.6 or 5.3.5 Unofficial. But it's not as major as if you were running krypton because of the dash support, which Jarvis does not have.

Thanks
Jeff
(2016-12-04, 00:56)grey14 Wrote: Unfortunately I stilll have signnificant lags during inputstream playback with latest Android build. Disabling Mediacodec surface doesnt help either

Here is the log
Code:
ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec: GetOutputPicture: frame available: pts: 5800000

Does anyone can help?

@anxdpanic help me out once the video is handed over to inputstream, the yt plugin doesn't do anything more?

Jeff
Yea, once playback starts there isn't anything YouTube add-on related until play stops. From what I gather YouTube is using is a codec that not all android devices can handle very well, and not sure if that is even 100% correct. Sorry can't be of more help in this case.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2016-12-04, 02:30)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 05:33)gitman Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 03:50)gitman Wrote: after 5.3.5 update was applied, am no longer able to do anything in youtube.

Code:
20:42:29 T:5008  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.5) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.8
20:42:29 T:5008   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
   Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
   Error Contents: 'XbmcPluginSettings' object has no attribute 'is_override_view_enabled'
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
       runner.run(__provider__)
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 32, in run
     File "C:\Users\gitman\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 59, in run
       if context.get_settings().is_override_view_enabled():
     AttributeError: 'XbmcPluginSettings' object has no attribute 'is_override_view_enabled'

the override view stuff got removed in 5.3.4, which i thought i had been running. but xbmc_runner.py clearly still had the old code in it. i went ahead and installed 5.3.5 from the zip file, at which point kodi reported "addon enabled", and then youtube started working fine again. not sure WTF happened there.

I'm guessing something got fubared with your upgrade. This also is probably because a setting is stored in your settings.xml. I hate to ask you this but you're going to have to reset your settings, which means you'll need to re-input your key if you use a private API Key. if you have shell access or editor access you can just simply input the key that way.

I think once you wipe that it should act as if you're setting this up for the first time.

If you are still getting the error then you'll need to reinstall the youtube plugin.

Jeff

i stopped getting the error after installing 5.3.5 zip from github. the issue was not mine, as explained here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2469130
I seem to be getting a different kind of error when trying to use the plugin. I'm currently using 5.3.5, and when trying to sign in with my API credentials it delays a bit after entering the first XXXX-XXXX auth key from Google and then throws up an error. The key is valid. I've quadruple checked the stuff by this point, and it's the same keys I've been using for about a year now. I can log in if I use the preset API keys. I'm using the latest stable Kodi on OS X and 5.3.5 of the youtube plugin. I've also dumped all settings in the plugin and tried a fresh install. No luck. Here's a pastebin of the log:

http://pastebin.com/hwm77cSv
(2016-12-04, 05:26)gitman Wrote: i stopped getting the error after installing 5.3.5 zip from github. the issue was not mine, as explained here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2469130

My bad, I've not gotten a lot of sleep today so i misread the post.

Jeff
OK jdf76 OK have 16.1 Jarvis got 532 YouTube yesterday updated to 535 from kodi repo but was getting error so reverted back to 532 and you tube working now should install 536 from kodi repo which version is better for my YouTube in kodi. Were is the unoffical 535 what version is better for me to run 535 unofficial or 536 from kodi repo to play playlists from addons.
On the first page it states that for "LibreELEC ... you'll need to install the inputstream.adaptive add-on from the LibreELEC Add-ons repository" ... I don't see anything in the LibreELEC add-ons repo specifically called inputstream.adaptive. There is a DASH add-on but installing that does not allow the DASH option to be enabled from the YouTube add-on settings page. Any ideas what exactly I need to install from the LibreELEC add-on repo?
I started to get the following error -

Code:
12:20:29  92.123360 T:1538257984  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.6) on Isengard (15.2) with Python 2.7.3
12:20:30  93.163261 T:1538257984   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
                                            Error Contents: database is locked
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 93, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 328, in _on_channel
                                                channel_fanarts = resource_manager.get_fanarts([channel_id])
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/resource_manager.py", line 188, in get_fanarts
                                                result = self._update_channels(channel_ids)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/resource_manager.py", line 35, in _update_channels
                                                channel_data = function_cache.get_cached_only(self._get_channel_data, unicode(channel_id))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 66, in get_cached_only
                                                data, cache_id = self._get_cached_data(partial_func)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 56, in _get_cached_data
                                                return self._get(cache_id), cache_id
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/utils/storage.py", line 191, in _get
                                                self._open()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/utils/storage.py", line 57, in _open
                                                self._cursor.execute('PRAGMA journal_mode=MEMORY')
                                            OperationalError: database is locked
Looks like the problem is with the locked database - so, plugin is not able to get thumbnails, right? Believe, it shouldn't be an exception - plugin can request/generate thumbnails again or work without them.
(2016-12-04, 11:47)and7ey Wrote: Looks like the problem is with the locked database - so, plugin is not able to get thumbnails, right? Believe, it shouldn't be an exception - plugin can request/generate thumbnails again or work without them.

The function cache database is used to avoid unnecessary api calls/quota usage every time a list created.

To resolve the lock, try restarting the device and then in the add-on Settings -> Maintenance -> Delete/Clear function cache database.

If you are unable to remove it this way you may need to manually delete the file. userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/kodion/cache.sqlite
@sabrex Not sure specifically as I don't have a LibreELEC install.

inputstream.adaptive is only available in latest nightlies though (not sure which version you're using)
(2016-12-04, 07:07)dustinwilson Wrote: I seem to be getting a different kind of error when trying to use the plugin. I'm currently using 5.3.5, and when trying to sign in with my API credentials it delays a bit after entering the first XXXX-XXXX auth key from Google and then throws up an error. The key is valid. I've quadruple checked the stuff by this point, and it's the same keys I've been using for about a year now. I can log in if I use the preset API keys. I'm using the latest stable Kodi on OS X and 5.3.5 of the youtube plugin. I've also dumped all settings in the plugin and tried a fresh install. No luck.

The log snippet provides no insights, can provide a full debug log and if possible what you can catch of the error message that you are seeing.

May also try Delete function cache and Delete settings.xml from the Settings and re-configure from there.
(2016-12-04, 00:56)grey14 Wrote: Unfortunately I stilll have signnificant lags during inputstream playback with latest Android build. Disabling Mediacodec surface doesnt help either

Here is the log
Code:
ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec: GetOutputPicture: frame available: pts: 5800000

Does anyone can help?

I certainly get these lags just with Videos including 60 fps, mostly gaming content, 50fps run smooth
(2016-12-04, 16:40)anxdpanic Wrote: The log snippet provides no insights, can provide a full debug log and if possible what you can catch of the error message that you are seeing.

May also try Delete function cache and Delete settings.xml from the Settings and re-configure from there.

That is a log with debug turned on around the precise time I attempt to sign into youtube with my credentials. I mentioned I've already dumped settings and even have deleted and reinstalled. I've created new API keys and tried them, too. No luck.

Code:
22:57:52 T:140736274412480   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/
22:57:52 T:140736274412480   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/sign/in/) failed

This is what occurs every time I attempt to log in with my api keys. That's all it says regardless of whether I have debug on or not.[/code]
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12