• 160(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2017-05-30, 20:16)Smultie Wrote: My "My Subscriptions" is also showing blank data.
Not sure if it's related to the new update, but it looks like it is.

I also had this issue for the last couple of days. First i tried to sign out and in again using my personal api keys, didn't change anything. Then i tried to change to one of the default api keys and signed out and in again, nothing changed. Just now I signed out, switched to my personal keys again and signed in, and it works. The only thing I did differently was after logging in youtube/google I saw I had two options when selecting the account, one displayed my email, the other a username. When it didn't work I had chosen the email, as I have done previously, this time I chose the username (I saw it had the same background color as when I'm logged into YT in Chrome).
I see in the log that I still get the "InsecureRequestWarning", so that is probably unrelated.
Confirmed - the error seems unrelated.
Removed (and purged config) and then reinstalled the plugin with my own API Keys and after fresh authentication the lists are no longer empty.

I also had two options, using my Gmail address or my "Youtube" account. Since I am not using my Gmail identity on Youtube (even though google keeps asking me to do so Tongue), I selected my Youtube account. I guess Google/Youtube changed something in the way the API is handling authentications causing the issue?
Using Kodi/LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi4 with a Sony KDL-42W706B and an external audio receiver
I can't use Play from here feature anymore. It was working like a week ago. I am on Kodi 16.2 with Rpi3 and libreelec. Anybody got any ideas what to do. Everything else seems to work fine. Even I can play each songs one by one, but not the whole playlist.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
Anyone saw my problem and can say something how to deal with that problem I really want to use that youtube plugin and I can't.
my post is on 159 page #2382
(2017-06-01, 19:03)lordzerg Wrote: Anyone saw my problem and can say something how to deal with that problem I really want to use that youtube plugin and I can't.
Yeah, the cryptography error doesn't appear to affect the functioning of the plugin. Looks more like google recently changed something in the way the API works - try sign-out and sign-in and ensure that when selecting the activations, you use the Youtube username and not your Gmail address Smile
Using Kodi/LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi4 with a Sony KDL-42W706B and an external audio receiver
(2017-06-01, 22:29)Fludizz Wrote:
(2017-06-01, 19:03)lordzerg Wrote: Anyone saw my problem and can say something how to deal with that problem I really want to use that youtube plugin and I can't.
Yeah, the cryptography error doesn't appear to affect the functioning of the plugin. Looks more like google recently changed something in the way the API works - try sign-out and sign-in and ensure that when selecting the activations, you use the Youtube username and not your Gmail address Smile

I set up on google my personal API details, a bit of a long winded pain to do and used those in the youtube addon.

Where do I find my youtube username?

When I logged on to youtube I think used my email address :-(
Yep, it's a bit of a pain to add the keys again... To avoid having to do this, I have them stored in a separate file so after a clean install, I can just manually edit the config file via SSH and insert them back into the youtube plugin configuration Smile

A bit strange though on that login. While I was logged in to Youtube in my webbrowser, I browsed to youtube.com/activate and it prompted me to pick either my @gmail.com address or my Youtube account:Image

You did not get that prompt?
Yea, when you try to login with the addon shows 4+4 numbers (code) to enter on youtube.com/activate, but when you login in youtube you must use e-mail/phone number to log in. There is no way to use user name.

EDIT: Yeah, I also have 2 accounts. I will go now to try the second one like you show.

EDIT2 : I tested the second type of account that I have and I got the same cryptography errors and also ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35)

Sad but, I need to wait for newer version and hope for a fix.
Not everyone has a Youtube username. They quit giving out channel names a while back until you reach a certain number of subscribers. Unless you are referring to a very long generated unique key, which looks something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWXRXx...RyWhid1234 (changed for privacy reasons).

But by time you activate the 2 keys, you have to already be logged in. I have a Google account, and I only use the part before the @gmail.com, but as far as this plugin is concerned, it makes no difference. The plugin for me is broken.
(2017-06-01, 09:54)ace310 Wrote: I can't use Play from here feature anymore. It was working like a week ago. I am on Kodi 16.2 with Rpi3 and libreelec. Anybody got any ideas what to do. Everything else seems to work fine. Even I can play each songs one by one, but not the whole playlist.

I've got the same problem. I cannot play Playlists as a whole or "From here" any more either. Sad

I'm on Kodi 17.3 with YouTube plugin 5.3.13

Anyone got an idea?
(2017-06-03, 10:04)bluezed Wrote:
(2017-06-01, 09:54)ace310 Wrote: I can't use Play from here feature anymore. It was working like a week ago. I am on Kodi 16.2 with Rpi3 and libreelec. Anybody got any ideas what to do. Everything else seems to work fine. Even I can play each songs one by one, but not the whole playlist.

I've got the same problem. I cannot play Playlists as a whole or "From here" any more either. Sad

Anyone got an idea?

Play from here worked for me on Kodi 17.3, YouTube (YT) 5.3.12, windows 10 and Kodi 17.3, YouTube 5.3.12, android 5.1.1. As a test I just made sure YT started playing the first track.

Did yours not start playing at all, do you want me to test anything else?
(2017-06-03, 10:14)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-06-03, 10:04)bluezed Wrote:

Anyone got an idea?

Play from here worked for me on Kodi 17.3, YouTube (YT) 5.3.12, windows 10 and Kodi 17.3, YouTube 5.3.12, android 5.1.1. As a test I just made sure YT started playing the first track.

Yes, it just shows the little progress bar where it seems to add the videos to the queue but then nothing more happens. No errors in the log either as far as I can see, apart form the Certificate warning other seem to have too.

Anyway... following your suggestion I've now manually "downgraded" to 5.3.12 and it appears to be working again. Will just stick with this version until something newer comes around and test again.

Cheers!
(2017-06-03, 10:23)bluezed Wrote:
(2017-06-03, 10:14)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2017-06-03, 10:04)bluezed Wrote: I've got the same problem. I cannot play Playlists as a whole or "From here" any more either. Sad

Anyone got an idea?

Yes, it just shows the little progress bar where it seems to add the videos to the queue but then nothing more happens. No errors in the log either as far as I can see, apart form the Certificate warning other seem to have too.

Anyway... following your suggestion I've now manually "downgraded" to 5.3.12 and it appears to be working again. Will just stick with this version until something newer comes around and test again.

Cheers!

Guess I am lucky my systems had not updated.

One thing I did notice on doing more testing on 5.3.12 is that once you use the play from here on a video, if you stop the video then choose drop down menu the play from here option is no longer available, may have always been this way.
ERROR: /mnt/home/profile/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:843: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.io/en/latest...l-warnings
InsecureRequestWarning)

Is a warning not an error, you can enable certificate verification in Settings - Advanced. This will not work on all systems, due to python versions.

I cannot reproduce either blank My Subscriptions, or Play from here issues. A full debug log (wiki) may help shed some light on it. Would also try Play from here with 'auto-play suggested' disabled to see if that helps(both work here).

For those with issues with cryptography/openssl errors on linux based installs, these are likely caused by something in your environment.

https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/14 (pyOpenSSL 16.1.0 not working)
https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.youtube/issues/64 (pyOpenSSL 17.0.0 not working)

First thing I would try would be 'sudo pip install pyopenssl==16.2.0'
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
The current version of Youtube is now working for me after executing the command

sudo -H pip uninstall pyOpenSSL

Please click on the above issues links for more information. And thanks to anxdpanic for the referral!

~James
  • 160(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12