Sign the Petition to Close Kodi Trademark Infringing YouTube Channels
Exclamation 
Sign the petition

https://www.change.org/p/youtube-youtube...their-site
Done.
Ditto
Is it necessary to watch the videos to sign?
I just picked 2 videos at random, and neither of them appeared to be infringing kodi trademarks.
They were both crappy, and both about piracy, but that's something else.
It is a lot more difficult to prove that they are infringing on the Kodi trademark, so the piracy complain seemed to be the quicker route to disrupting their efforts.
(2016-04-02, 23:07)samtheman1337 Wrote: It is a lot more difficult to prove that they are infringing on the Kodi trademark, so the piracy complain seemed to be the quicker route to disrupting their efforts.
Will you be organising a petition against all sites promoting piracy via kodi then?

Don't worry, I already know the answer.
Right now the YouTubers seem to be the ones causing the most damage to the Kodi trademark, they should also be the easiest to take down because YouTube is their governing body.
I'll take that as a 'no' then.
The one problem that I see is that whilst US laws may be being broken, not every nation has the same laws and as Youtube is a worldwide service they may likely take no notice.

Having said that, I've signed the petition to see what happens.
Those videos already violate YouTube's own TOS, so local laws don't need to forbid such videos.
Reading through them, they are full of holes and disparity.

For example

'you agree not to use the Website or the Services (including the comments and email features in the Website) for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;'7

Youtube is littered with commercially based material.

I think that if Youtube were really interested in applying every TOS then there would be far less content and as they are a commercial enterprise, turning a blind eye suits their own commercial agenda.
Signed. Doesn't hurt to try. Smile
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
So here I go again with another Jesus TV box issue/question. My last question about them copyrighting Kodi for profit was answered with the fact it wasn't illegal because they changed the name but here's my second question after reading Kodis official piracy statement regarding TV boxes and them owning the official Kodi name so people who sell Kodi tv boxes without their permission has caused a big problem. Well if anyone knows like I do The Jesus TV Box not only to me feels like copyright but supposedly isnt, IT IS BEING SOLD WITH KODI ALSO PRELOADED, NOW DOES JESUS TV BOX HAVE KODIS PERMISSION? IF NOT THAT'S COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT RIGHT?
I'll play the caps games as well THE ISSUE IS NOT PEOPLE SELLING BOXES WITH KODI PRELOADED (WHICH THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BTW) THE ISSUE IS COMPANIES SELLING BOXES THAT ADVERTISE THAT KODI LET'S YOU WATCH FREE TV AND MOVIES NORMALLY VIA DODGY ADD-ON.
I may be looking in the wrong place, but when I googled Jesus TV box, I got a link to Amazon for Jesus box TV. Is this the same thing? What I saw was an Android box. It showed the Kodi icon as well as Netflix and Amazon icon and many others. I didn't notice mention of " free " TV or anything. But maybe we are not taking about the same thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sign the Petition to Close Kodi Trademark Infringing YouTube Channels2