Sign the Petition to Close Kodi Trademark Infringing YouTube Channels
(2016-04-04, 13:59)prawnee Wrote: I'll play the caps games as well THE ISSUE IS NOT PEOPLE SELLING BOXES WITH KODI PRELOADED (WHICH THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BTW) THE ISSUE IS COMPANIES SELLING BOXES THAT ADVERTISE THAT KODI LET'S YOU WATCH FREE TV AND MOVIES NORMALLY VIA DODGY ADD-ON.

Actually it's both - see the Official:Trademark Policy (wiki) for more details.

Inclusion of add-ons (especially the banned add-ons (wiki)) blurs the line between what the Foundation supplies and what 3rd parties supply, and makes it look like we are supplying, enabling, promoting and condoning piracy when that isn't the case.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
haha this is laughable you going after youtubers now. LOOK IN THE F**ING MIRROR kodi is providing ad-dons on this very website that im sure if you were to dig a little deeper you would see what was iffy about a big company like navida posting a post on how to install tvaddons repo ok so what i am going top do is start contacting all the company's who logos and trademarks are being infringed apon in this very website in this very the whole problem is kodi setting bad examples like giving you a taste of pirated content and then to moan when more is brought out grow up and take this stupid post down you should be ashamed so what a few bucks is made on ad sense you messing with peoples lifes and how they provide for there kids over what you high stance that EEERRREERYYY THING should be free i for one know for a fact that kodi makes alot of money eles were. you continue this patition and i will continue mine good day all and wake up
ABC,
Al Jazeera,
ART
ARD
BRAVO
CBC,
CBS,
CNET
D8
DF11
COMINGSOON(CartoonNetwork),
COOKING CHANNEL,
DR
FOODNETWORK,
FOODNETWORK
CANADA
FUN
ANIMATION
GOLDPAGEMEDIA
HALLMARK
HGV,
BBCIPLAYER,
ARCHIVE
LIVELEAK
LIVESTREAM
MTV
MYCANAL
NBA
NASA,
NBSN
NBC
NYORKTIMES
NFL,
NHL,NICK
AOL,
ONE DRIVE,
REALTIME,
SPORTSNET,
SVT,
SYFY
TCM,
TED,
TLC
TIME,
THE GARDENIAN
(2016-04-04, 22:06)devdevs Wrote: i for one know for a fact that kodi makes alot of money eles were. you continue this patition and i will continue mine good day all and wake up

And with that one line you prove that you know jack shit. Kodi is free open source software, from which the foundation and the devs make no money at all. The only income the foundation has its from voluntary donations, not by charging for anything.

As for most of the examples you give, they rely on freely available public sources from their original copyright owners.

If you're going to post a rant, try one that doesn't make you look like an ill informed idiot next time.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Who is "you"? This is entirely a user thing. You might notice that not a single team member has participated in this conversation at all until me, right now.
The ignorance is strong in devsdevs - pretty much the stereotypical user who watches the Youtube videos in question.
(2016-04-04, 22:06)devdevs Wrote: .. like giving you a taste of pirated content
What? How..?
I think you'll probably find it is in fact a youtuber hence the lack of knowledge, understanding and common sense.
(2016-04-04, 22:06)devdevs Wrote: haha this is laughable you going after youtubers now. LOOK IN THE F**ING MIRROR kodi is providing ad-dons on this very website that im sure if you were to dig a little deeper you would see what was iffy about a big company like navida posting a post on how to install tvaddons repo ok so what i am going top do is start contacting all the company's who logos and trademarks are being infringed apon in this very website in this very the whole problem is kodi setting bad examples like giving you a taste of pirated content and then to moan when more is brought out grow up and take this stupid post down you should be ashamed so what a few bucks is made on ad sense you messing with peoples lifes and how they provide for there kids over what you high stance that EEERRREERYYY THING should be free i for one know for a fact that kodi makes alot of money eles were. you continue this patition and i will continue mine good day all and wake up
ABC,
Al Jazeera,
ART
ARD
BRAVO
CBC,
CBS,
CNET
D8
DF11
COMINGSOON(CartoonNetwork),
COOKING CHANNEL,
DR
FOODNETWORK,
FOODNETWORK
CANADA
FUN
ANIMATION
GOLDPAGEMEDIA
HALLMARK
HGV,
BBCIPLAYER,
ARCHIVE
LIVELEAK
LIVESTREAM
MTV
MYCANAL
NBA
NASA,
NBSN
NBC
NYORKTIMES
NFL,
NHL,NICK
AOL,
ONE DRIVE,
REALTIME,
SPORTSNET,
SVT,
SYFY
TCM,
TED,
TLC
TIME,
THE GARDENIAN

Hello to all and good day,
Frst off let me say I am NEW to kodi and the forums. and I don't know what to think about everything but let me just say one thing from a new users perspective. When I first found kodi I had no idea what so ever on how to set it up and like most new people I didn't come here first I went to the net itself especially youtube to get help on how to even set kodi up and configure a lot of the stuff in it. Without theses pirates as this thread is calling them help I wouldn't even be able to use the program.

Now I am NOT here to debate anything on morels or legality issues. I simply saying that many of the people this thread is on a witch hunt for helped me set kodi up and I mean as in the program basics and not in anything else. Now after saying that. sense "many" of you apparently are having a fit over the legality end of it, tell me what part in any of the add on's isn't illegal? every thing I have seen is nothing but tv channels and movie site links. are they all illegal or free channels or what? I and many other new users wouldn't be able to tell the difference on some of them.

Anyway to the guy this post is responding to, it is NOT you I am directing this at, in fact I agree with what you said. I just picked your post because the others reminded me of witch hunters.

And lastly, it the very same people their out to destroyed who helped me set kodi up and don't worry im not interested in using any of the stuff this thread is having a fit over. most of it is sports anyway and i cant stand sports lol

I just like to have everything in 1 place. like being able to view youtube content and not just the channels their throwing a tiss fit over. I watch that and netflex, huhlo and others and why should I have to go all over the net to each and every place when kodi has it all in one program.

Anyway, like I said I agree to this post and with devdevs I am responding to and just wanted to add my 2 cents worth in on the witch hunters in this thread.

And for the last thing, without the people this thread is having a fit over help I wouldn't of been able to set up my own iptv list. as I stated above I do not care for many of the list the witch hunters are fussing over so I made my own and there are very FEW or next to none tutorials on how to do it (I even have them in groups and sub groups thanks to the youtube people) and the ones I did find are by the same people this thread if having a fit over.

Lastly, let me state that my channels are free ones like some of my local area channels. I am no long on cable and im not spending the money to go get a free channel receiver when i can use my local channels on the internet and I have them all in my iptv list thanks to the people their trying to get banned on youtube.
The thing is that the majority of the YouTubers in question only show the user how to install an add-on the majority of the time - their main focus is on piracy. Their actual technical knowledge is just slightly above their viewers.
(2016-04-09, 22:55)Ilass101 Wrote: Hello to all and good day,
Frst off let me say I am NEW to kodi and the forums. and I don't know what to think about everything but let me just say one thing from a new users perspective. When I first found kodi I had no idea what so ever on how to set it up and like most new people I didn't come here first I went to the net itself especially youtube to get help on how to even set kodi up and configure a lot of the stuff in it. Without theses pirates as this thread is calling them help I wouldn't even be able to use the program.

Now I am NOT here to debate anything on morels or legality issues. I simply saying that many of the people this thread is on a witch hunt for helped me set kodi up and I mean as in the program basics and not in anything else. Now after saying that. sense "many" of you apparently are having a fit over the legality end of it, tell me what part in any of the add on's isn't illegal? every thing I have seen is nothing but tv channels and movie site links. are they all illegal or free channels or what? I and many other new users wouldn't be able to tell the difference on some of them.

Anyway to the guy this post is responding to, it is NOT you I am directing this at, in fact I agree with what you said. I just picked your post because the others reminded me of witch hunters.

And lastly, it the very same people their out to destroyed who helped me set kodi up and don't worry im not interested in using any of the stuff this thread is having a fit over. most of it is sports anyway and i cant stand sports lol

I just like to have everything in 1 place. like being able to view youtube content and not just the channels their throwing a tiss fit over. I watch that and netflex, huhlo and others and why should I have to go all over the net to each and every place when kodi has it all in one program.

Anyway, like I said I agree to this post and with devdevs I am responding to and just wanted to add my 2 cents worth in on the witch hunters in this thread.

And for the last thing, without the people this thread is having a fit over help I wouldn't of been able to set up my own iptv list. as I stated above I do not care for many of the list the witch hunters are fussing over so I made my own and there are very FEW or next to none tutorials on how to do it (I even have them in groups and sub groups thanks to the youtube people) and the ones I did find are by the same people this thread if having a fit over.

Lastly, let me state that my channels are free ones like some of my local area channels. I am no long on cable and im not spending the money to go get a free channel receiver when i can use my local channels on the internet and I have them all in my iptv list thanks to the people their trying to get banned on youtube.

Let me answer you why some of these individuals are how should I put it um toxic.
For full disclosure until this furore broke I'd never seen any of these infamous peoples videos but out of interest I have watched a few now.

Several days ago a very old friend posted up on social media that they'd just ordered the famous mx somethingorother pro box with Kodi and asked for advice on how to get the best out of it, cue a stream of replies saying how great this or that addon is and suggestions to watch various YouTubers, I politely enquired whether this was a fully loaded box, when the answer was yes I referred my friend to Nate's blog post and again very politely educated him on the pitfalls inherent in his purchase (I would rather educate than brow beat).
As inconceivable as it is to me or I suspect most people reading this my friend and all those replying how great this, that or the other part of Kodi is hadn't considered that any part of the things they were using it for were illegal or even that the fully loaded boxes they were buying and linking their Google accounts to had been opened up by someone and had the system modified before they received it.
This leads me to the problem I have with the YouTubers I've seen, if I was to be charitable I'd say they are peddling half truths, there is no disclosure about the legality of what they are showing, or the inducements they've received to review certain hardware or software, or why no-one should link any account important to them to any box they've bought which doesn't have a vanilla OS on it.
I could go on about other dangers these people could potentially be leading their unsuspecting followers into but I'll leave it there.

As an aside for anyone who knows about these things, my hosts file stops all ads from YouTube, am I correct in thinking without getting ads showing on my system these people gain no financial reward from me watching their videos?

EDIT:
The moral of my story is not everyone is lost to the peddled BS, the friend I mentioned now wants my advice on how to wipe his system and start afresh Smile
@stammie very good post.

The worrying sign is the volume of people using the KODi name to gain revenue on YouTube appears to be growing.
Just hope YouTube gets to grips with this soon!
Thanks again for taking a stance in making this petition public.
Still need more signatures!
Not signing that ,I on the other hand think it wrong to use Kodi's name as a sellpoint as some boxes do when Kodi itself have nothing to do with that, But Pirated movies or TV Series help everyone to enjoy entertainment so I am not against it plus it is not piracy it is sharring but to make it clear Kodi as a trademark has nothing to do with it, My personal point of view toward sharring is my own and shall so remain.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sign the Petition to Close Kodi Trademark Infringing YouTube Channels2