• 2(current)
Release Mimic 4.x for Krypton (discontinued)
There seems to be a pattern.

I also created two playlists, one for2D movies and the other for 3D. They work fine.

However when added to a 2D and 3D menu item they work but the random or recent movie widgets added display but are not selectable.

The pattern is.....

Menu items which have a top row on the right Window, showing year,genre,recent etc will then allow the Window to be selected. But the Menu items I create or modify do not have that and are thus not selectable.
Ok I tried another Skin, Estaury Mod, and had similar issues.

I then removed both skins and the addons that I had manually installed to ensure the skins would work fine. Whilst doing this the Pi also updated to build 411.

I do not know what changed but now the function of the widgets seems to work. I need to test this out more as there is some work now to build up the menus as I would like.

Thanks again for the prompt reply and I'll post back if the issue returns, not sure how it goit fixed though.
Hi braz, hope all is well with you

...I have just being trying out the new 'vertical menu' widget view with the widget style 'panel' set (not default). I've a bug I cannot shake, no matter which settings I change... the issue appears to be with what looks like a weather panel appearing/overlaying the top half of the vertical panel widget.

I have no weather settings activated or on, it only appears with the panel widget view (default is ok and like wise all other top/bottom menu views). If I change the widget setting to always show 'off' the weather overlay disappears and re-appears when viewed (pressing right) to activate/bring the widget into focus. ...hope this makes sense.

Really think this is a nice view & concept, so thought I should report it to see if it is anything your side with the skin, conscious I am running todays Krypton nightly.

best regards

(2016-04-11, 23:02)Vimes Wrote: Ok I tried another Skin, Estaury Mod, and had similar issues.

I then removed both skins and the addons that I had manually installed to ensure the skins would work fine. Whilst doing this the Pi also updated to build 411.

I do not know what changed but now the function of the widgets seems to work. I need to test this out more as there is some work now to build up the menus as I would like.

Thanks again for the prompt reply and I'll post back if the issue returns, not sure how it goit fixed though.
Good to hear it's working!
(2016-04-13, 21:08)stueeey Wrote: Hi braz, hope all is well with you

...I have just being trying out the new 'vertical menu' widget view with the widget style 'panel' set (not default). I've a bug I cannot shake, no matter which settings I change... the issue appears to be with what looks like a weather panel appearing/overlaying the top half of the vertical panel widget.

I have no weather settings activated or on, it only appears with the panel widget view (default is ok and like wise all other top/bottom menu views). If I change the widget setting to always show 'off' the weather overlay disappears and re-appears when viewed (pressing right) to activate/bring the widget into focus. ...hope this makes sense.

Really think this is a nice view & concept, so thought I should report it to see if it is anything your side with the skin, conscious I am running todays Krypton nightly.

best regards
Thanks for reporting, it's now fixed on github
@braz I've asked the question library.data.provider thread but it's pretty quiet in there and clearly others have worked this out to test your skin but I'm getting error that xbmc.json 7.9.0 dependancy hasn't been met but I can't find a way of installing it and I have looked on the wiki and it only covers version 6 up until Jarvis and doesn't mention version7. Can you point me in the right direction please?

I'm running the latest Krypton based openelec test build for pi.
hey @braz

a few queries, possible bugs and requests if I may...

I'm loving the panel view for the widgets (very clean, great work)... I'm not sure what the expected behaviour should be, but when selecting 'landscape' from the widget settings the art displayed is 'Fanart' and not what I would call Landscape... any chance this could be changed to denote the actual 'Landscape art' like I said not sure if this is a glitch or intended behaviour. (don't think its an issue my end, apologies if so)

also spotted a bug when testing out the info wall... when Posters is selected and switching to large icons 'on' and then switching from posters to 'Banners' the posters don't change and remain over the banners... when small poster icons are selected and then selecting banners, it works just fine (so must be a bug)

as I said loving the widget panel view, so wondered whether you would consider enabling the 'Shift' view (my fav view) to follow the same 'panel concept'... I realise that there is already a low panel view, but the size of the posters I find a little to small for my OCD... so thought I'd ask, would be really nice to follow my widget poster panel view into a shift panel view if you get my drift... could this be implemented as a setting?

thanks again, (always come back to mimic)

ps. I'm running PlexKodiConnect with mimic is working great Smile
(2016-04-16, 09:52)UsefulG Wrote: @braz I've asked the question library.data.provider thread but it's pretty quiet in there and clearly others have worked this out to test your skin but I'm getting error that xbmc.json 7.9.0 dependancy hasn't been met but I can't find a way of installing it and I have looked on the wiki and it only covers version 6 up until Jarvis and doesn't mention version7. Can you point me in the right direction please?

I'm running the latest Krypton based openelec test build for pi.
Hmm, no idea about openelec, you might ask in their forum.
(2016-04-19, 00:57)stueeey Wrote: hey @braz

a few queries, possible bugs and requests if I may...

I'm loving the panel view for the widgets (very clean, great work)... I'm not sure what the expected behaviour should be, but when selecting 'landscape' from the widget settings the art displayed is 'Fanart' and not what I would call Landscape... any chance this could be changed to denote the actual 'Landscape art' like I said not sure if this is a glitch or intended behaviour. (don't think its an issue my end, apologies if so)
Landscape refers to the orientation of the widget art, not the type of art. I would show the landscape art for widgets, but as far as I know it's not available. So I show fanart instead.

(2016-04-19, 00:57)stueeey Wrote: also spotted a bug when testing out the info wall... when Posters is selected and switching to large icons 'on' and then switching from posters to 'Banners' the posters don't change and remain over the banners... when small poster icons are selected and then selecting banners, it works just fine (so must be a bug)
Sure sounds like a bug, will test. Thanks for reporting.

(2016-04-19, 00:57)stueeey Wrote: as I said loving the widget panel view, so wondered whether you would consider enabling the 'Shift' view (my fav view) to follow the same 'panel concept'... I realise that there is already a low panel view, but the size of the posters I find a little to small for my OCD... so thought I'd ask, would be really nice to follow my widget poster panel view into a shift panel view if you get my drift... could this be implemented as a setting?

thanks again, (always come back to mimic)

ps. I'm running PlexKodiConnect with mimic is working great Smile
We'll see, not sure when/if I'll get around to this.
@stueeey

The poster/banner issue on the InfoWall view is now fixed on github.
Braz, great skin. Moved over from a long time user of Eminence and hater of Estuary.

Is there anyway to reduce screen clutter and have the widgets fade out to look at the fan art etc after x seconds?

I do use the widgets all the time, however it irks me not being able to see the full background.

Thanks again.
@Skeetzor

Why not just set it so widgets only show when pressing up/right? No plans to add more options for the home screen.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-04-19, 04:45)braz Wrote: @stueeey

The poster/banner issue on the InfoWall view is now fixed on github.

thanks @braz... I can confirm this is now working great.
@braz ...should say I have jumped straight into your Krypton version (so unfamiliar with what was working in Jarvis).

when using the vertical menu, and editing my submenu there is an option to apply an icon to submenus... I am unable to show the icons I set (from the default icons you have made available. is this a bug or a left over option from the horizontal sub menus?

thanks again (always come back to mimic ;-)

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-04-20, 17:15)stueeey Wrote: @braz ...should say I have jumped straight into your Krypton version (so unfamiliar with what was working in Jarvis).

when using the vertical menu, and editing my submenu there is an option to apply an icon to submenus... I am unable to show the icons I set (from the default icons you have made available. is this a bug or a left over option from the horizontal sub menus?

thanks again (always come back to mimic ;-)

Sent from my iPhone
The submenu icons will only show if you have the vertical menu set to show main/sub menus in a single list.

Sent from my Nexus 6
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 4.x for Krypton (discontinued)4