• 3(current)
Release Mimic 4.x for Krypton (discontinued)
(2016-04-20, 17:20)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-20, 17:15)stueeey Wrote: @braz ...should say I have jumped straight into your Krypton version (so unfamiliar with what was working in Jarvis).

when using the vertical menu, and editing my submenu there is an option to apply an icon to submenus... I am unable to show the icons I set (from the default icons you have made available. is this a bug or a left over option from the horizontal sub menus?

thanks again (always come back to mimic ;-)

Sent from my iPhone
The submenu icons will only show if you have the vertical menu set to show main/sub menus in a single list.

Sent from my Nexus 6

ahh ok I get you... shall likely stick to the internal list, as it's such a nice interface (even without the icons).

by the way I noticed that when backing back out of a submenu selection the selection passes to the next main menu rather than going back to the main menu I was viewing. (again not sure if this was intended behaviour, just found it a bit odd to navigate this way.

for example if I select main menu 'Movies' then move into sub menu 'recently added movies' exiting 'recently added' exits to my next main menu item ' TV shows' instead of back to 'Movies'
@braz, sorry another question.

how do I set the background art for a combined submenu?

I have set the main menu background to 'movie fanart', but it does not appear to change the combined submenu art when selected (it switches to default background image when moving down into the submenu).

if I use an uncombined/hidden submenu the movie fanart does show up. sorry if I am missing a setting.

thanks (again)

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-04-20, 17:56)stueeey Wrote: ahh ok I get you... shall likely stick to the internal list, as it's such a nice interface (even without the icons).

by the way I noticed that when backing back out of a submenu selection the selection passes to the next main menu rather than going back to the main menu I was viewing. (again not sure if this was intended behaviour, just found it a bit odd to navigate this way.

for example if I select main menu 'Movies' then move into sub menu 'recently added movies' exiting 'recently added' exits to my next main menu item ' TV shows' instead of back to 'Movies'
That's because Kodi returns you to the last selected position in the list, not sure there is anything I could do except always have it return to the first item.

You can test this by opening a submenu and clicking on an item. Pay attention to its position in the menu. Go back to the main menu and you will see that the selected main menu item is in the same position as the submenu item you previously selected.

FYI, I just pushed a couple of fixes for the vertical menu. The option to show weather in the menu will now be enabled even if the centered menu option is turned on. And the weather in the menu will now have the same animations on window open/close as the menu does.
(2016-04-21, 01:55)stueeey Wrote: @braz, sorry another question.

I have set the main menu background to 'movie fanart', but it does not appear to change the combined submenu art when selected (it switches to default background image when moving down into the submenu).

if I use an uncombined/hidden submenu the movie fanart does show up. sorry if I am missing a setting.

thanks (again)

Sent from my iPhone
Ok, I just pushed an update to Github that enables the Backgrounds button for submenus in the menu customizer. You'll have to set the background for each submenu item though. Or you can set a global slideshow in Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Override home backgrounds with slideshow.
(2016-04-21, 04:40)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-21, 01:55)stueeey Wrote: @braz, sorry another question.

thanks (again)

Sent from my iPhone
Ok, I just pushed an update to Github that enables the Backgrounds button for submenus in the menu customizer. You'll have to set the background for each submenu item though. Or you can set a global slideshow in Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Override home backgrounds with slideshow.

thanks braz, can confirm this is working great.
noticed last night that when I have 'show home fanart overlay' selected whilst using combined vertical menu that the background overlay has a strange animation quirk when selecting a menu item (eg entering movies)... the whole background overlay animates to the left but only half way across the screen. meaning you see a very defined split between where the overlay ends and the brighter background fanart behind it. I'm guessing' ...that may be the background overlay is some how linked to the vertical menu animation that also moves to the left when animated between selected menus. managed to edit the .xml to not animate for the time being. may be you could take a look if you get the chance

thanks braz.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-04-21, 13:20)stueeey Wrote: noticed last night that when I have 'show home fanart overlay' selected whilst using combined vertical menu that the background overlay has a strange animation quirk when selecting a menu item (eg entering movies)... the whole background overlay animates to the left but only half way across the screen. meaning you see a very defined split between where the overlay ends and the brighter background fanart behind it. I'm guessing' ...that may be the background overlay is some how linked to the vertical menu animation that also moves to the left when animated between selected menus. managed to edit the .xml to not animate for the time being. may be you could take a look if you get the chance

thanks braz.

Sent from my iPhone
Hmm, yeah I see it does that, but only when entering the submenu items. Do you also see it when entering a main menu item? Will investigate further...

Update: Ok, fixed that one on github. There's still a small issue with the menu background when fanart overlay is off, widgets are not persistent, and the item doesn't have a widget. Don't see an easy way to fix this one though, might just have to live with it.
FYI, I moved the extras menu that is on the video/music info dialogs to a script. Will submit the script to the repo next time I submit an update. In the meantime, you will need to install it manually from github.

https://github.com/braz96/script.mimic.extras
(2016-04-23, 03:29)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-21, 13:20)stueeey Wrote: noticed last night that when I have 'show home fanart overlay' selected whilst using combined vertical menu that the background overlay has a strange animation quirk when selecting a menu item (eg entering movies)... the whole background overlay animates to the left but only half way across the screen. meaning you see a very defined split between where the overlay ends and the brighter background fanart behind it. I'm guessing' ...that may be the background overlay is some how linked to the vertical menu animation that also moves to the left when animated between selected menus. managed to edit the .xml to not animate for the time being. may be you could take a look if you get the chance

thanks braz.

Sent from my iPhone
Hmm, yeah I see it does that, but only when entering the submenu items. Do you also see it when entering a main menu item? Will investigate further...

Update: Ok, fixed that one on github. There's still a small issue with the menu background when fanart overlay is off, widgets are not persistent, and the item doesn't have a widget. Don't see an easy way to fix this one though, might just have to live with it.

ok braz thanks, shall take a look this evening. I'm using background overlay permanently anyway, so from what I think your saying this 'issue' won't affect me.

ps. I'm thinking of making a small mod... I'd be very grateful if you could direct me to the code lines I need to enable logos on the shift view as you made possible on the low panel view.

sorry to be a pest.
(2016-04-23, 16:50)stueeey Wrote: ok braz thanks, shall take a look this evening. I'm using background overlay permanently anyway, so from what I think your saying this 'issue' won't affect me.

ps. I'm thinking of making a small mod... I'd be very grateful if you could direct me to the code lines I need to enable logos on the shift view as you made possible on the low panel view.

sorry to be a pest.
Adding clear logos to Shift view will be the same as adding them to Low Panel. In fact, you can copy the logo control from Low Panel, then open up the Shift view xml and search for ListItem.Label. That's the current text label, you can replace this with your logo control and reposition as needed.
thanks braz, that did the trick... currently when I move the logo location it also moves the title text and plot... sure I shall figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone
Hi braz,

Just to notify the following poster visualization issues both in the Poster View as well as in the Info panel of the movie (I don't know if it happens also in other situations):

In practice, the posters are cut. I think this is due to the fact that you want to maintain the exact dimensions for all, while in reality they can differs one from the other (even if for few pixels). How is possible to fix this issue? Can you share a solution that is also applicable to the previous versions for Isengard and Jarvis?

Thanks as usual!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
@axlt2002

You'll want to open those xmls and change the aspect ratio for the posters from scale to keep. I won't be making this change though, as the standard aspect ratio on fanart.tv is 1:1.5 which fits correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-04-27, 15:43)braz Wrote: @axlt2002

You'll want to open those xmls and change the aspect ratio for the posters from scale to keep. I won't be making this change though, as the standard aspect ratio on fanart.tv is 1:1.5 which fits correctly.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ok, thanks for the hint braz!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
I'm loving this skin.

I'm using Krypton, couple quick Q's (hopefully!):

- can I add a vignette to the homescreen to make the artworks appear more subtle? -I've seen an option in skin settings to enable a dim looking overlay, could I edit that file?

- are there any mods to move the main menu (on home screen) up to the centre? or should I look into editing some XMLs?

-now playing ArtistSlideshow backgrounds on home screen. I'm having trouble getting this to show up. - Ive set all SECTIONS (movies, music) etc. to show art from one backgrounds folder. (Each section shows the same artwork).

--I am seeing ArtistSlideshow in full screen but how can I get it to show at the home screen? (Its showing my backgrounds folder at the moment).

That last one is probably very simple but my brain is fried.

Thanks if any is able to help.:-)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 4.x for Krypton (discontinued)4