• 150(current)
Mod Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED)
(2016-10-25, 01:07)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 16:34)bmonster Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 05:26)madmax2 Wrote: yes

but for most users, it would be easier to have a setting that can turn on/off

How would we implement a setting to disable each search option?

I think most ppl who are using Kodi, just want to search (on the main search box) their movies, not search on TheMovieDB, addons and less likely on youtube.

Implementing the first two search options is useless / pointless for most users.
I understand this was carried over from original skin, but this is a mod skin, so should give us option to disable it in the settings.

Search options are fine, I'd leave as it is...
Also less attitude goes a long way, pointless and useless is your opinion, not most users I'm sure....

So when you use Kodi, how often are you searching for stuff on TheMovieDB?
It is a useless search option, just waste time when we just want to search for movies on Kodi.

Most of the time when people are using a software like Kodi, it is for watching movies or TV shows..

If we wanted to watch something on Youtube we would use our browser or the youtube addon
and why would we need to search for something on the TheMovieDB when we can search for it in our browser?

I don't see why most people would want to do something like these two search options in a Kodi, especially on the main search box..

It is a useless search option for most people, when they open Kodi, they just want to watch their movies or TV shows..

And this is a mod skin, so just suggestion for improvement from original skin.

You only talk about the use that you've. Most people use them including myself.
All people do not use Kodi on their computers and do not necessarily have a browser on hand.

And I do not see what's bothering you to click once but twice...
I accept suggestions and I have already validated a lot but for me this is is useless.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-10-25, 01:20)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 01:07)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-10-24, 16:34)bmonster Wrote: Search options are fine, I'd leave as it is...
Also less attitude goes a long way, pointless and useless is your opinion, not most users I'm sure....

So when you use Kodi, how often are you searching for stuff on TheMovieDB?
It is a useless search option, just waste time when we just want to search for movies on Kodi.

Most of the time when people are using a software like Kodi, it is for watching movies or TV shows..

If we wanted to watch something on Youtube we would use our browser or the youtube addon
and why would we need to search for something on the TheMovieDB when we can search for it in our browser?

I don't see why most people would want to do something like these two search options in a Kodi, especially on the main search box..

It is a useless search option for most people, when they open Kodi, they just want to watch their movies or TV shows..

All people do not use Kodi on their computers and do not necessarily have a browser on hand.

I accept suggestions and I have already validated a lot but for me this is is useless.

It is annoying cos, each time we need to search for some movie, we need to click twice each time..
Imagine you just search for movie director, actor, etc..
then click on the movie director actor then find that you want to watch another movie by same actor or director

Now you need to go through the same two click process again each time..
since Kodi does not save search results..there is no way to go back to our search results after opening a movie.

Extremely annoying..

===

I don't know why it was added in the first place
cos it is very annoying, every time we click search box, and need to choose local library etc..

Also where are you getting your data that most people are searching TheMovieDB or youtube regularly even more so than their local library?

Until there is actual data of how people are using this software,
your point is just opinion like mine..
There might be some small searches using those TheMovieDB, youtube but nowhere would it be more than searching for movies, tv, music..
which is the core function of Kodi..

Though my opinion is at least more logical or practical..

Since Kodi's core purpose has always been to watch Movies, TV shows, Music from our own local library...
Why would we need to go through the trouble of opening Kodi, use a cumbersome onscreen keyboard to search for something on Youtube and even less likely on theMovieDB
when we can do it easily on our browsers or phones, tablets etc..

You say we need these search option when we don't have a browser on hand
Well how often are you without your phone, tablet etc..
You even need your phone to use as a remote control (Kore) with Kodi, if you want a better experience.

If you are using regular remote control then search by on screen keyboard is an extremely painful slow process.

And this is a mod skin, so just suggestion for improvement from original skin
since it is an annoying feature that I found in the original skin.

Just because you said I am only person asked for this, doesn't mean that it isn't true about what I said.. or others not facing the same annoyance.
They just might have decided to live with the annoyance rather than wasting their time posting here..

===
The question goes back to what I said

How often are you actually searching for stuff on theMovieDB when you open up Kodi that it needs to be part of the main search?

All I ask is a quick easy setting for people to turn off those search option that they don't need..
(2016-10-25, 01:34)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 01:20)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 01:07)madmax2 Wrote: So when you use Kodi, how often are you searching for stuff on TheMovieDB?

It is annoying cos, each time we need to search for some movie, we need to click twice each time..
then click on the movie director actor then find that you want to watch another movie by same actor or director

Extremely annoying..

===

cos it is very annoying, every time we click search box, and need to choose local library etc..

Also where are you getting your data that most people are searching TheMovieDB or youtube regularly even more so than their local library?

There might be some small searches using those TheMovieDB, youtube but nowhere would it be more than searching for movies, tv, music..

Since Kodi's core purpose has always been to watch Movies, TV shows, Music from our own local library...
Why would we need to go through the trouble of opening Kodi, use a cumbersome onscreen keyboard to search for something on Youtube and even less likely on theMovieDB

Just because you said I am only person asked for this, doesn't mean that it isn't true about what I said.. or others not facing the same annoyance.
They just might have decided to live with the annoyance rather than wasting their time posting here..

===

How often are you actually searching for stuff on theMovieDB when you open up Kodi that it needs to be part of the main search?

All I ask is a quick easy setting for people to turn off those search option that they don't need..

If you want to do this, modify Includes_Home.xml and replace line 10088 (for vertical menu) or line 8416 (for horizontal menu) :

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(1107)</onclick>

by

Code:
<onclick condition="System.hasAddon(script.globalsearch)">RunScript(script.globalsearch)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!System.hasAddon(script.globalsearch)">InstallAddon(script.globalsearch)</onclick>
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-10-25, 01:50)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 01:34)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 01:20)Guilouz Wrote: You only talk about the use that you've. Most people use them including myself.

Extremely annoying..

===

===

If you want to do this, modify Includes_Home.xml and replace line 10088 (for vertical menu) or line 8416 (for horizontal menu) :

Code:

by

Code:
<onclick condition="System.hasAddon(script.globalsearch)">RunScript(script.globalsearch)</onclick>
<onclick condition="!System.hasAddon(script.globalsearch)">InstallAddon(script.globalsearch)</onclick>

Yeah I know about modify the home.xml to only show the global search without the other search option..
Someone had gave me this solution in another thread..

But this is not quick or as easy like a setting within the skin itself.
And needs to be done each time I reinstalled this skin or install Kodi on each devices.
And it is permanent and can't be enabled/disabled quickly unlike in a setting.

Also I made this suggestion for others, so they can turn on/off all search options they don't need more easily.
You can still search on the TMDB, youtube, addons if you want..then just leave those search options enabled in the settings.
And for people who don't need it, can turn it off.

This is modded skin from the original to improve on the original, so I suggest you implement a search setting in the skin..
Since it is what I found most annoying about the original skin.

This modded skin is much better than the original which is why I am using it,
but you should at least add a setting to turn on/off each search option. which is what was most annoying about the original skin.

===

If the purpose of this modded skin is to improve on the original, then I suggest you do implement something like this in the skin setting

Search setting
-Youtube search [enable/disable]
-TMDB search [enable/disable]
-Addon search [enable/disable]
(2016-10-25, 02:13)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 01:50)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 01:34)madmax2 Wrote: It is annoying cos, each time we need to search for some movie, we need to click twice each time..

Extremely annoying..

===

===

Code:

by

Code:

Yeah I know about modify the home.xml to only show the global search without the other search option..

And needs to be done each time I reinstalled this skin or install Kodi on each devices.

Also I made this suggestion for others, so they can turn on/off all search options they don't need more easily.
You can still search on the TMDB, youtube, addons if you want..then just leave those search options enabled in the settings.

This is modded skin from the original to improve on the original, so I suggest you implement a search setting in the skin..

but you should at least add a setting to turn on/off each search option. which is what was most annoying about the original skin.

===

If the purpose of this modded skin is to improve on the original, then I suggest you do implement something like this in the skin setting

Search setting

Please read the rules and edit your post, banned addons are not allowed on this forum : http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Subject is closed. I will not add this, it's totally unnecessary. One click or two is the same for me.
And you can use search function on media menu when you are in your library.
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-10-25, 03:28)Guilouz Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 02:13)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-10-25, 01:50)Guilouz Wrote: If you want to do this, modify Includes_Home.xml and replace line 10088 (for vertical menu) or line 8416 (for horizontal menu) :

Code:

by

Code:

===

Search setting

Please read the rules and edit your post, banned addons are not allowed on this forum : http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Subject is closed. I will not add this, it's totally unnecessary. One click or two is the same for me.
And you can use search function on media menu when you are in your library.

I use the tvdb search a lot, really useful. Tongue

Also recommend if your not happy with what someone is giving you for free, maybe go and mod your own skin.
Hi Guilouz,

During video playback, should the settings option on the OSD have an Audio DSP settings option, its on the standard estuary skin although it doesn't appear to do anything.
I ask as when I try to select a mode with the Audio DSP manager, it says "the settings dialogue can only be opened from the osd menu during playback"

Was hoping to try out the FreeSurround processor.

Thanks Bucky..
(2016-10-26, 00:38)bmonster Wrote: Hi Guilouz,

During video playback, should the settings option on the OSD have an Audio DSP settings option, its on the standard estuary skin although it doesn't appear to do anything.
I ask as when I try to select a mode with the Audio DSP manager, it says "the settings dialogue can only be opened from the osd menu during playback"

Thanks Bucky..

Working for me :

Estuary MOD V2 

Thanks Bucky..

Just a thought have you enabled Audio DSP in Settings->System->Audio->Enable audio DSP processing?
With Krypton Beta 4 I no longer get IMDb ratings in the Wall and Info Wall views for Videos in my own library - Do I need to change a setting somewhere for ratings to be displayed? I have all the options under Skin -Settings enabled.
(2016-10-26, 15:26)tamanaco Wrote: With Krypton Beta 4 I no longer get IMDb ratings in the Wall and Info Wall views for Videos in my own library - Do I need to change a setting somewhere for ratings to be displayed? I have all the options under Skin -Settings enabled.

Still working for me on latest nightly:

Moanbag is in da place!
BTW, I forgot to mention that it was happening on my Android devices (Nexus Player and Nexus 7) using x86 and ARMv7a "official" beta 4 builds. Both of these devices were updated via the Play Store. I was still running Beta 3 on my Windows 10 laptop which was working fine. Meaning, Kodi was still displaying the rating and year on the blue blue fan out banner to the right of the thumbnail (cover art) that is displayed when the thumbnail is selected. Installed today's build of Beta 4 on my Windows laptop and that light blue banner on the right-hand side that displays the rating and year disappeared. All I get is the album art with the description (movie name) underneath the thumbnail. No rating or year banner.

EDIT: The paragraph above was edited to clarify the issue.

EDIT2:
Going back to Kodi 17.0 Beta 3 builds fixes the problem for Android and Windows devices. The fly-out banner to the right of the is displayed when the thumbnail is selected:
(2016-10-26, 00:52)Guilouz Wrote:

Thanks Bucky..

Working for me :

Yer I get audio DSP manager, but there should also be a audio DSP settings button, like on the standard skin.
Sorry I can't take a picture at the moment.

Also what happens for you when you press the mode settings button? I get a warning saying I need to change this from the osd.
(2016-10-26, 22:44)bmonster Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 00:52)Guilouz Wrote:

Thanks Bucky..

Working for me :

Yer I get audio DSP manager, but there should also be a audio DSP settings button, like on the standard skin.
Sorry I can't take a picture at the moment.

Also what happens for you when you press the mode settings button? I get a warning saying I need to change this from the osd.

Yes I confirm this warning but I have the same with original Estuary. I will investigate to see if it's skin issue.
 Estuary MOD V2 
Thanks,

It may be nothing the "audio DSP setting" button on the original skin doesn't seem to do anything when pressed.
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary MOD - KODI 17 (DISCONTINUED)36