“Kodi” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash
The simplest way to get around the new gate keeper issue it to press "Control" key and click the app simultaneously and click open. This solves that issue.

I'm trying to install Kodi on my new iMac 5k late 2015 but I'm having the same issue "Kodi is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash".

I'm not too familiar with Kodi so I'm not sure what to do.

I have tried everything suggested in this thread but nothing works.

I did, however, install the new Development builds: Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” early access (beta 5 & nightly) and these installed. But they are buggy.
This worked for me......
Simple run this command on terminal:

sudo spctl --master-disable

It will give you the option for "Anwhere" in the Gatekeeper like it used to be.

It is best to open the Gatekeeper and unlock it with your password before you run the command. Then after you run the command it will ask for you to type your password in the terminal. Once it accepts it, just close Terminal, close Gatekeeper, then reopen Gatekeeper and you should see "Anywhere" with it selected.
undefined
I have the message Kodi is damaged and can't be open. I try several times it is always the same message. I have a macbook pro 2013, Mac os Sierra 10.12.2. I do not have access to open the Gatekeeper because it do not try to open it.I contact Apple care for this, we check the computer do not have any problem. I read all messages, I don't find a solution to my problem. I don't know what I could do. I see that I am not alone. If someone have any solution, I will be happy to know it.

Thank you,

Nicole
The solution is to didable gatekeeper sadly.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Howdy,
I too, am a first time user of KODI. I downloaded the app v16.1 and it opened just fine. Then, after making a mess of setting up. Ditched it and downloaded a second time and was successful setting up used "Fusion" to start. Then later after watching a video on Youtube. That said not use Fusion because of various reasons. Started again. Now I can use v16.0 not 16.1? Keep getting that message.Is it as simple as rebooting? I used Cleanmymac v3 for complete removal of app. Cheers Jamie
Read my post above yours and google it...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
And then read this , this and this for more details on why such banned addons (wiki) are a bad idea, violate our forum rules (wiki) and are entirely unsupported here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This doesn't seem to be a banned add on issue as I get the error with a clean install. This is on a MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12 with latest updates. Latest version of Jarvis installs fine. Betas of Krypton install fine. RC2 of krypton get the error. Hard to believe it is gatekeeper issue because it is isolated to RC2.

Sent from my iPhone
I just downloaded fresh disk images of the final Jarvis, RC2 of Krypton and the 12/29 Nightly build. I then did a fresh install - i.e., no banned add-ons so no one can transfer the "blame". Jarvis installed fine. The Krypton nightly build installed and ran fine. The RC2 craps the bed and throws the same error everyone is complaining about. This issue is definitely with the latest build of RC2 that is on the Kodi.tv servers.
Disable gatekeeper - your conclusion is wrong
Then explain why it's only happening with RC2.

Not trying to beat a dead horse but I just did 4 clean installs
12/29 nightly runs fine
12/30 nightly runs fine
12/31 nightly runs fine.
RC2 - same error every time.
thanks this worked for me too

yippee

(2016-12-06, 07:48)ssmorga78 Wrote: This worked for me......
Simple run this command on terminal:

It will give you the option for "Anwhere" in the Gatekeeper like it used to be.

It is best to open the Gatekeeper and unlock it with your password before you run the command. Then after you run the command it will ask for you to type your password in the terminal. Once it accepts it, just close Terminal, close Gatekeeper, then reopen Gatekeeper and you should see "Anywhere" with it selected.
There's no need to disable Gatekeeper. In cases were I got the "... is damaged" message for an application, I could fix it with an xattr change via Terminal.
For Kodi try: xattr -rc /Applications/Kodi.app (works from admin user account, otherwise use sudo but anyhow know what you are doing!)
the given Terminal command works for me:

then after run it one time I enable it again with
sudo spctl --master-enable

anyway it is strange why it happened. I was running the Krypton since the first nighties through the RC versions and never got any issue with it. just with this official release got stucked in this bug

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
“Kodi” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash0