DVBLink PVR client for Kodi/Raspberry Pi
Hello,

I'm running a DVBLogic DVBLink server on my QNAP NAS with a HDHomeRun as the source. This setup is currently working and serving iOS clients. I'm looking to move my media center across to Kodi and running up a test on a Raspberry pi before I commit. I decided on the RetroPi OS and have Kodi installed from the RetroPi script which resulted in this version:

NOTICE: Starting Kodi (15.2 Git:02e7013). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)
NOTICE: Kodi compiled Dec 28 2015 by GCC 4.9.2 for Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.16.7 (200711)
NOTICE: Running on Raspbian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie), kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 4.1.19-v7+
NOTICE: FFmpeg statically linked, version: 2.6.4-kodi-2.6.4-Isengard
NOTICE: Host CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l), 4 cores available
NOTICE: ARM Features: Neon disabled

I then installed the Amber skin and the Plexmbc (Helix) addon from a downloadable .zip
I didn't appear to have any option to add PVR Addons by default so I installed the PVR client for DVBLink using apt-get install. It installs a version numbered 1.10.6

Trying to configure this addon is where I started to see some strange behaviour:
The host, whether it be a name or IP address, won't stay populated in the configuration for the PVR client
The Launch button remains 'greyed' out
The 'Live TV' option doesn't appear on the home menu
When I then go to enable 'TV' in the Settings area I get a "can't load DLL" error message

When I enable debugging I see this in the log:

DEBUG: Loading: /usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.dvblink/pvr.dvblink.so
ERROR: Unable to load /usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.dvblink/pvr.dvblink.so, reason: /usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.dvblink/pvr.dvblink.so: undefined symbol: _ZTIN17dvblinkremotehttp10HttpClientE
INFO: Called Add-on status handler for '4' of clientNameBig GrinVBLink PVR Client, clientID:pvr.dvblink (same Thread=no)
WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on DVBLink PVR Client, status = 6
WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on DVBLink PVR Client, disabling it

I see someone else has previously had this error:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233707

However, the fix doesn't appear to be part of the current install I'm using. Is there a way around this or will I have to skip the live TV setup for now?

Cheers
Not sure about retroPI, But i use OpenElec on the Rpi 2, work great.... any specific reason why your using RetroPi/cant use Openelec?
Ok thanks or that. I only chose retro pi so I could also get some games as well, I didn't think it would make a big difference. I might just get another SD and try OpenElec.

Cheers,

Todd.
Yep works as expected in OpenElec. Will stick with that and probably just build a second RPi for retro gaming. Thanks.
Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBLink PVR client for Kodi/Raspberry Pi0