Solved Carbon TV
Hi
Is it possible to link to CarbonTV so it can be viewed on Kodi. I can view Carbon Tv on my Mac but I have a matricom GBox Q hooked up to the TV, I would like to be able to view the channels on a bigger screen.
Carbon TV is free once you register and is available on a Samsung Smart TV, Mac, Windows and Roku (none of which have). It is a great channel and I would love to be able to stream it on my TV.
Thread moved to add-on requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Here ya go...

CarbonTV - v 0.0.5

Watch video clips and full episodes from CarbonTV, the premier online video destination for premium outdoor themed shows and engaging personalities. Sign up for a free account at the carbontv.com website - no cable or satellite provider subscription needed.

Just enter your login info in the add-on settings and you should be good to go.

If you're interested in the PBR highlights, there's over 500 clips available, so don't be alarmed if the working circle spins for a minute or so before the list populates.

I've tested on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 & Lubuntu 14.04), Mac OS (Lion), and Android (Lollipop), running Gotham, Helix, and Isengard, and experienced no issues.

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Awesome! Thanks! Smile
(2016-04-17, 15:04)MetalChris Wrote: I've tested on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 & Lubuntu 14.04), Mac OS (Lion), and Android (Lollipop), running Gotham, Helix, and Isengard, and experienced no issues.
All running well for me on Win10 with Jarvis Cool
(2016-04-17, 15:04)MetalChris Wrote: Here ya go...

CarbonTV - v 0.0.1

Watch video clips and full episodes from CarbonTV, the premier online video destination for premium outdoor themed shows and engaging personalities. Sign up for a free account at the carbontv.com website - no cable or satellite provider subscription needed.

Just enter your login info in the add-on settings and you should be good to go.

If you're interested in the PBR highlights, there's over 500 clips available, so don't be alarmed if the working circle spins for a minute or so before the list populates.

I've tested on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 & Lubuntu 14.04), Mac OS (Lion), and Android (Lollipop), running Gotham, Helix, and Isengard, and experienced no issues.

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).

Thanks for the plugin, works great!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
For those of you who like Carbon TV, be sure to check out the addon for Hunt TV by Chris also. It can be found in the Hunt Channel thread.
Hi, Love your Hunt Channel addon!

I just downloaded the CarbonTV app from the your repository, and am getting an error launching it from Jarvis on Android. Error in Kodi is "CarbonTV errror"

Here is a link to the relevant log information. Has Error getting plugin://plugin.video.carbon-tv/ towards the end. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/sGVjM4Zy
(2016-12-29, 01:56)gvsu141 Wrote: Hi, Love your Hunt Channel addon!

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you like it. It's now in need of some work though. Seems they've made some changes to the website, and some videos are now failing. Fixes are on my to-do list.

(2016-12-29, 01:56)gvsu141 Wrote: I just downloaded the CarbonTV app from the your repository, and am getting an error launching it from Jarvis on Android. Error in Kodi is "CarbonTV errror"

Here is a link to the relevant log information. Has Error getting plugin://plugin.video.carbon-tv/ towards the end. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

http://pastebin.com/sGVjM4Zy

Thanks for linking to a log file. The relevant portion is:

Code:
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
Error Contents: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

This usually occurs when the server doesn't understand the request being made. Unfortunately, I'm unable to duplicate the error in Jarvis on Android or Linux. The error is occurring at the point where the add-on is sending your login credentials. By any chance do you have some unusual, or non-english characters in your username or password? Can you access this link in your browser on the same device you are running Kodi? And if so, are you able to login?
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2016-12-29, 04:22)MetalChris Wrote: It's now in need of some work though. Seems they've made some changes to the website, and some videos are now failing. Fixes are on my to-do list.

No problem, still has a good amount of shows!

(2016-12-29, 04:22)MetalChris Wrote: Can you access this link

Yes, can access that link and login just fine.

I also installed on my fire tv stick, and it's getting the same error.

However, I thought of something while reading your post. Other being on Android, the only other thing they had in common is being on the same network. On my Android phone, i disabled WIFI and logged on through the LTE network. Once I did this, it logged on to Carbon TV without issue. Once I switched back to WIFI, it failed to login again. Disabled WIFI again, logged in fine.

I'm going to try and mess with different router/firewall settings to see if I can find anything.
(2016-12-29, 04:35)gvsu141 Wrote: However, I thought of something while reading your post. Other being on Android, the only other thing they had in common is being on the same network. On my Android phone, i disabled WIFI and logged on through the LTE network. Once I did this, it logged on to Carbon TV without issue. Once I switched back to WIFI, it failed to login again. Disabled WIFI again, logged in fine.

I'm going to try and mess with different router/firewall settings to see if I can find anything.

Interesting. Some progress - sort of. Keep me posted with the results.
Carbon tv not working it goes as far as the list of all show , but once I click on a show it dose not play just goes to a black screen and says 0 items page 1 of 1 .
(2017-02-11, 20:07)lisazetka Wrote: Carbon tv not working it goes as far as the list of all show , but once I click on a show it dose not play just goes to a black screen and says 0 items page 1 of 1 .

Crap. Looks like there's been some changes on the website. Just pushed an update to my repo, or you can download the update from the link below and install from zip (wiki):

CarbonTV - v 0.0.5

Let me know if this works for you. If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Thanks MC all is working now.
This add-on works great, thank you!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Carbon TV1