No sound when using Kodi red mute button
My android kodi box worked fine. I recently updated to the latest release and I noticed a red X over the mute button. I tried what others mentioned while researching online and the volume is at the highest. I even reinstalled kodi and still no sound. The sound input is grayed out as well. Any ideas?
F8?
How can I use F8 if im on the android tv and theres just an onscreen keyboard?
stop kodi, edit guisettings.xml in the userdata folder and set fvolume to 1.0 - not user friendly but working :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I have XBMC 13.2 Kodi installed on Win7. Been using it for well over a year. Today I picked up the wireless keyboard and pressed something. Now XBMC is muted (red icon, upper right corner) and won't unmute. Tried the following:

restarting computer
restarting XBMC
pressing Mute button on remote
pressing + and -
pressing Shift = (i.e. +)
pressing F8
pressing F10
pressing M
pressing all function keys
pressing all letter keys
Where does XBMC store its keymap? If it's in Settings or the install dir I sure don't see it. How do I undo this accidental keypress? At this point the only thing I can think to do is re-install.

Jammy | Sr. Tech Support.
https://www.cloudappsportal.com
Keymaps are in the install directory so c\program files\kodi\system\keymaps.
Have you not tried Fritsch's solution in the post above yours?
How do you perform the following on the android tv with the remote no keyboard attached?

stop kodi, edit guisettings.xml in the userdata folder and set fvolume to 1.0 - not user friendly but working :-)

Thanks
I'd do it on my tablet via the touchscreen by opening guisettings.xml in esfilexplorer's text editor. I imagine it works the same with a remote.
I will try to preform the steps you mentioned above Thanks
I cannot get into the guisettings.xml is esfile explorer. Where is the text editor?
If I tap on an .xml file in esfileexplorer I'm given options of different apps to open it with. If you don't see that then...Huh

Can you copy it to a usb stick / sd card and edit it on your pc?
I must have a different version of esfileexplorer. I tried following a youtube video and totally different then what I see. I cant get to the guisettings.xml in order to copy thats the problem thats bugging me out. I see folders I have hidden folders shown I just don't get why I can't find this file. I even searched for it.
I cn probably hook up a usb keyboard to the device but I still need to know the steps to get to the folder to fix the volume. Thanks
It's in your userdata folder - and I don't know where that is but it should be easy enough to find. Something like:
Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
or
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

The .kodi folder is hidden.
Use ES File Explorer --> Go To Network --> Remote Manager
and turn on the feature

then FTP into your box, navigate to the userdata folder in your FTP client (on your PC), download the file, edit the file and transfer it back on FTP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound when using Kodi red mute button0