stop kodi returning to the last screen visited in add-ons
Hello all I have been using XBMC (KODI) for a number of years but Im new to this forum and hope you guys can help with this question that I have had no luck solving through other channels. So I hope I can word it so it makes sense. Seems my last post contravened the forum rules by mentioning a non supported addon I apologise and will edit.

So when you browse any addon you scroll through a number of pages and cant find what you want. There does not seen to be a way to quickly jump back to the first page without having to scroll up and click previous page etc also when you exit out to the main screen after being in a particular addon then want to use another addon by navigating to video add ons for example it takes you back to where you were in the addon you used previously rather than list all add ons, hope that makes sense.
Thanks in advance..Blush
Backspace? If you're using a remote search for a keymaps.xml for it.
I don't think it's related to Video Add-ons forum though.
Moved to OS Independent.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Honestly, I believe what you are describing depends on the add-on.

Idok Fire
of course it depends on the add-on. And as it is a banned add-on, obviously, we can't help.

@ pixelmonkey: if you have problems with a specific add-on, please check the add-on subforum if a related thread exist. If no thread exists, because the addon doesn't come the official kodi-repository, then please ask the add-on author for support. If you can't find the guy who wrote that add-on, we can't help either.

But...at least you have to mention which add-on you are talking about. Otherwise we can't help because it highly depends how the add-on is being written.
um, another option might be to "map" a link to the addon using your "keymap.xml".

try,

ActivateWindow(window[,dir,return])

[code]
the return parameter may be specified, which indicates that Kodi should use this folder as the "root" of the level, and thus the "parent directory" action from within this folder will return the user to where they were prior to the window activating[code]

from wiki [html]
http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions[html]

hope this helps,
D.
Thanks for the info all I will do some experiments and check out "keymap.xml" I did think it happened with all addons but cant mention the one in particular as its a non official kodi-repository. I do think its a bit of a farce not being able to mention other addons as they make kodi what it is for a lot of people and if we are talking copyright issues you cant tell be that a lot of peoples film collections aren't ripped or downloaded. But I respect the rules and appreciate the info given from members.
You agreed to the forum rules (wiki) when you created your account here, so you already accepted to abide by them.

We don't support any installation that contains banned add-ons (wiki) and do not permit discussion of them, put simply those are the rules. If people wish to use Kodi for that purpose it's their own personal choice to do so, but we chose not to support such usage nor have any responsibility or come-back for anything that may occur as a result of them doing so.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stop kodi returning to the last screen visited in add-ons0