[New Project] Zephyr
jmarshall Wrote:That'll simply be the JPG load time versus XPR load time. If users specify a BMP instead, it'll be much snappier.

BMP files are normally larger, how would it be more efficient to load a larger file... or am I misunderstanding your meaning of "snappier"
The man speaks the truth; the BMP files do load faster. Still not *quite* as fast as the XPR ones, but at least we're only talking about a split second's difference.
A few more screens. Getting down to the nitty gritty now.

VideoOSD

VideoOSD Settings

Custom Menu (with slide-in/slide-out file browser)

Basic Icon view (bringing the total for each main window to three, which is how I'm leaving it)

Random settings screen

very nice!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
the load time can quite often be caused by its running on a standard 10 gig drive in which case f drive seems to run way slower than normal, for large pics or any large files. Ive thought ive had errors at times but on a larger harddrive or C or E from a normal 10 gig drive it runs fine. The 8 Gig HDD speeds are fine but no F drive.
One more screen to keep things ticking over 'til tomorrow, when the alpha build is released and added to SVN. Nod

Thought I'd make this one full size for the sake of variety.

Incredible.

I don't know if you've thought about it yet, but it might be cool to have the background change based on the show or artist people are browsing. I'd happily add a full widescreen "banner" to my site if you have some way of handling it in the skin. I would just need the dimensions you'd want to use.

PS: My site: thetvdb.com
You know, I tried doing "live" switching of backgrounds within controls for my original Pictures window - couldn't get it to work. If it's possible then I'm more than happy to play with the idea. One of the post-alpha features is going to be a separate custom background folder for each Home menu option, so you trigger a slideshow of sorts with each scroll of the button. I've been *really* impressed with XBMC's handling of the 720p backdrops - smooth as silk.
Just threw another menu option in there for shits and giggles. And that's all for this thread; the next time you hear from me you'll be downloading it.

djh,
I gotta say this is going to be on sweet skins... it will likely make me change from my custom PM3 skin.

A few questions...

will there be options to have some items on the home screen... like date/time?

will there be the option to remove and/or change the 'frame' around the images in the menu? the skin is so polished that the current frame looks a bit out of place... maybe becasue it is not as slick as the rest of the skin?

one request...

please make a generic template for scripts that were designed to use the PM3 skin/layout to minimize porting... so we can still use the existing script layout and just change the background and such via your template.

again this is great work!
shitloads of respect for you, can't wait to try it Smile
Affini Wrote:one request...

please make a generic template for scripts that were designed to use the PM3 skin/layout to minimize porting... so we can still use the existing script layout and just change the background and such via your template.

again this is great work!

He has no "template" its just one huge image not near as complex as PM3 with this and that on the side. I would imagine though for the purposes of a script the menus would cross the bottom.
Hi,

This looks absolutly fantastic. Maybe even worth replacing my 4:3 set for some of this! Laugh
I would like to know where you get your TV and Movie posters from...I would like to choose my own!
djh,
is dev of this skin dead?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Project] Zephyr2