What's missing in library?
I suppose this could (would?) apply to any OS, but in my case I have Jarvis running on Ubuntu so I picked the Linux section. In my setup, all of my media files are sitting on a network drive. I noticed recently that I have a discrepancy between what's physically on the drive versus what KODI is telling me is there. Since I also run a Plex media server on a different machine, I have something to compare to, which is how I discovered stuff missing. Plex is listing everything on my server, however KODI is missing some, the count is off by about 10 movies, and I haven't checked audio yet. Is there a way, in KODI, to find out which movies are missing, whether they didn't get processed, or if there was an error processing them? I've hit refresh many times already, and I'm not looking forward to manually checking the files and what's missing from KODI. Suggestions on what to do?
"Missing in library" could mean different things.

1. Kodi doesn´t "see" those files, or
2. Kodi doesn´t scrape them

Check if you are able to "see" the files via Kodis internal file browser (settings->file manager (in submenu (while using Confluence as the skin)).

If those files are listed in the file manager, enable debug logging (settings->system->debugging->enable debug logging), reboot or restart kodi, try to scrape them again and get us a logfile:

Code:
pastebinit ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

You could also check how the file is named correctly b looking at: http://www.themoviedb.com

Maybe Kodi can´t find it by the way you named the file. So you might have to rename it.

If those files aren´t visible at the file manager, I guess you have permission issues on those files. Check with

Code:
ls -al

to whom those files belong and if you have the permission to read them.
Have you tried the Missing Movie addon? https://twitter.com/MartijnKaijser/statu...3951989760
If I didn't have permission to read the files, then Plex would also fail as it's reading the same network drive, same folders, same files. And for giggles I installed Plex on the same machine as KODI last night, and it's reading/seeing/parsing all of the files on the network drive, correctly, and the count matches what's physically on the drive. So somewhere, somehow, KODI isn't getting all of them, or failing for some reason or another. And unless there's an easy way for me to see which ones are actually missing, I will have to manually compare the file listing and what KODI is showing me. I was hoping there was some way to see what's missing.
There is.....See the post above your last one Wink
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's missing in library?0