Solved Edge.org
Heart 
Hi,

Can somebody make a video addon with Edge.org videos hosted privately in Vimeo https://www.edge.org/videos

The videos are great and inspiring.

Thanks in advance.
Here ya go...

EDIT: See post #7 below for latest version.

I've tested on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 & Lubuntu 14.04), Mac OS (Lion), and Android (Lollipop), running Gotham, Helix, and Isengard, and experienced no issues.

To do list:
  • Thumbnails and descriptions for each video
  • Ability to browse videos by year
  • Option in settings to choose stream bitrate

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
MetalChris, million thanks!

I've tested in Kodi in Mac OS (El Captain) and works great. Today will test for OpenElec in RPI too.

Would be awesome to have videos sorted by date of publishing.

Is there any way I can help to achieve the To do list you created? (except for coding).

Btw, another awesome video source Charlie Rose last night just updated its website www.charlierose.com and videos now seem to be standalone i.e. https://www.charlierose.com/video/player...oplay=true (previously were embedded from Hulu), if you have time would be great to have Charlie Rose too. (of course I can make a new thread add-on request)
On Android 6.1 with SPMC:

Code:
12:32:22 T:1389353264  
ERROR: Error loading Settings /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.video.edge/resources/settings.xml

Presume settings.xml is used for future features?
(2016-04-13, 13:42)Paranoidjack Wrote: On Android 6.1 with SPMC:

Code:
12:32:22 T:1389353264  
ERROR: Error loading Settings /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/addons/plugin.video.edge/resources/settings.xml

Presume settings.xml is used for future features?

Yes, I intended to add an option to select stream bitrate. If the error above is preventing the add-on from starting, commenting (or removing) lines 22 and 37 in the addon.py file should provide a workaround. Must be something specific to SPMC since the add-on ran fine on my tablet running Kodi.

I'll probably have an update out this weekend.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
That works - thanks.
A little later than I planned, but an updated version is now available.

EDIT: Please see post #10 below for the latest version.

Users can select from either an SD or HD stream in the settings. Not really a 'must have' feature since these videos are basically are someone sitting, or standing, and speaking - not a whole lot of action, but I'm sure those with larger TV screens would prefer the HD stream over an SD one. Also, I've added a 'Browse by Year' listing to the main menu.

Enjoy. Smile

If you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).
Hi MetalChris

I've been trying over past weeks in Mac OS and Raspberry PI and both are not working. What is more weird is that Kodi for some unknown reason doesnt let me to upload the log (I tried all restarting, factory reset etc)

Maybe you can check the Edge 0.0.4, all I get is this image http://i.imgur.com/lMCqObo.png

Many thanks for the great job you are doing.
(2016-06-04, 00:04)lgtvapp Wrote: Hi MetalChris

I've been trying over past weeks in Mac OS and Raspberry PI and both are not working. What is more weird is that Kodi for some unknown reason doesnt let me to upload the log (I tried all restarting, factory reset etc)

Maybe you can check the Edge 0.0.4, all I get is this image http://i.imgur.com/lMCqObo.png

Many thanks for the great job you are doing.

Are you using (or trying to use) the Kodi Log Uploader? It can be a bit flaky sometimes. No problem though, I just tried the add-on and am getting an error too. Looks like they've made some (minor) changes to the website. I'll do a little more investigating and see if I can get an update out this weekend.
Sorry, been a bit busy and wasn't able to get this done sooner. A working version is now available.

Edge.org v - 0.0.6

Unfortunately, the website coding has become more convoluted. I'm able to find the streams and make them available in the add-on, but there seems to be little consistency in the formatting of the links. In some cases, there is an m3u8 file available which offers multiple bitrates. In others, there is only a mp4 file, with only a single bitrate. As such, the quality settings make no difference on many streams, and only an SD stream is available for playback. I can probably dig out more HD streams, but at the moment just don't have the time to do so.

Additionally, they've begun grouping some videos on the same topic into what is essentially an unlisted sub-category. I was able to solve this by adding a check to see if multiple frames were on a page, and if so, continue scraping all frames for stream links, and then present a sub menu within the add-on which lists the grouped videos. Unfortunately, and due to the inconsistency in the site coding, this occasionally results in a sub menu for a single video when the add-on should simply play the stream without presenting the sub menu.

Although I'm satisfied that all streams are working, I've still got a few improvements I'd like to make.

As always, if you have any issues with the add-on, please post a log (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edge.org1