Mimic skin not working
Need help, I have kodi installed on a apple tv4 with mimic skin, I am having issues with the main menu screen none of the options show up its just a black bar. I do have custom menu pathways setup.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What version of Kodi and what version of Mimic are you running? Sounds like you're running mismatched versions or are missing a required script for the menus.
I ended up just doing a fresh install using this build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...b-tvos.deb.. Before kodi wasn't letting access anything, It's gonna be a long night setting everything up again.. But thanks for the help Braz ?
I don't think mimic works with this version of kodi because I tried to install mimic again and it did the same thing. Which kinda sucks cuz I love the simplicity of using mimic
I have no idea what that test build is and I'm not sure what "custom menu pathways" is. How are you installing Mimic, from the Kodi addon browser?
Uly I am in same boat as you could you please tell me how to do a clean installHuh? overtime i reinstall kodi I am stuck in mimic with no menus
i am on apple tv4 jailbroken on 9.0....mac OS X
I too have this issue with the builds for ATV4, I have installed mimic from the kodi repo and froim github both and still get the blank black bar on the home screen
Everyone that is having issues needs to post debug logs and say what versions of Kodi and Mimic you have installed. It's impossible to troubleshoot with the limited info you've provided so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6
I would happily post logs, but when I change to the skin I have to reinstall Kodi, as I cannot get out of the front mimic page (home screen). If someone can tell me how to get out without reinstalling on the ATV4 I will post logs, there are literally no buttons to click on.
Is there no way to kill the program on atv4? Just switch to Mimic and then upload your log, it should give us an idea of what isn't loading.

For everyone trying Mimic from github, be aware that the master branch is for Kodi 17 and Jarvis is in its own branch.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Then what? Reinstall Kodi? That's the issue I'm saying I have. Sure I can kill the program, but I open it back up and its still using the mimic skin and I am nowhere.

If theres a way to change the skin when the skin you have doesn't work I will do what you said.
(2016-04-19, 00:41)Buck0Satan Wrote: Then what? Reinstall Kodi? That's the issue I'm saying I have. Sure I can kill the program, but I open it back up and its still using the mimic skin and I am nowhere.

If theres a way to change the skin when the skin you have doesn't work I will do what you said.
You can open your guisettings.xml file and search for skin.mimic. Just delete skin.mimic from the skin tag and save. Launch Kodi and it will load confluence or estuary.

Sent from my Nexus 6
I cant open the file when the skin doesn't work. It's an Apple TV, I cannot SSH or FTP into it, it is not Jailbroken. See what I'm sayin?

Lets just say when you apply the mimic skin you're done. You literally cannot do anything whatsoever.
So, there's no way to access the file system on an AppleTV? Sounds like you're stuck then, not sure what else to tell you. Nothing is going to get fixed until someone posts a debug log though.

Do you have script.skinshortcuts installed? That's what provides the menus. (You can go to Skin Settings > Advanced > Supported add-ons to check. Press S to bring up the shutdown menu, then Settings.)
Hey I have the same issue too. I have been looking for the guisettings.xml for more than a week in my Apple TV 4 (jb) and I have no way to change mimic to default skin. I have been trying to delete Kodi but when I reinstalling it with nitotv Kodi is the same with everything. I think I had backup in Kodi. That's why everything comes back again when I install it. Is there a way to delete that backup file using ssh. (Only can do terminal) another thing is that my Apple TV 4 doesn't connect to my Mac anymore so no way to sideload Kodi with Xcode. So could you please tell what is the path to Usedata folder that's contains skin settings. Thank you. Waiting to fix Kodi I really like using it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic skin not working0