Req Smooth scrolling panels
Just a thought:

A thing that I frequently hear when showing Kodi around is "why doesn't the panels scroll smoothly?".

It is especially apparent that this needs love when you "fast scroll" through a list. The animation is sort of speed up and jerks around.

Would it be, or IS it, possible to have a scrolling that is not bound by rows or columns, but just sort of "scrolls along smoothly"?

Thoughts on this feature anyone?

... and the rambling:

I had sort of gotten used to it myself, but lately it has really been bugging me.. and I cannot really find an animation that is spot on. I agree more and more that what is an essential part of the Kodi experience is less than beautiful - when the animation jumps from one row/column to the next.

I imagine a more free "animation" for lists:

One that has acceleration/deceleration, just like today, except it isn't bound to stop/skip at each row/column, but rather acts like an acceleration up to a certain speed, then a deceleration when an arrowkey, or a scrollwheel is released - or whatever input triggers your Kodi..

If there is any way for me to intercept the scrolling/control the scrolling of panels in python, please, do tell!

/peace
(2016-04-11, 20:01)Torben Wrote: Just a thought:

A thing that I frequently hear when showing Kodi around is "why doesn't the panels scroll smoothly?".

It is especially apparent that this needs love when you "fast scroll" through a list. The animation is sort of speed up and jerks around.

Would it be, or IS it, possible to have a scrolling that is not bound by rows or columns, but just sort of "scrolls along smoothly"?

Thoughts on this feature anyone?

... and the rambling:

I had sort of gotten used to it myself, but lately it has really been bugging me.. and I cannot really find an animation that is spot on. I agree more and more that what is an essential part of the Kodi experience is less than beautiful - when the animation jumps from one row/column to the next.

I imagine a more free "animation" for lists:

One that has acceleration/deceleration, just like today, except it isn't bound to stop/skip at each row/column, but rather acts like an acceleration up to a certain speed, then a deceleration when an arrowkey, or a scrollwheel is released - or whatever input triggers your Kodi..

If there is any way for me to intercept the scrolling/control the scrolling of panels in python, please, do tell!

/peace

Try setting scrollspeeds to a multiple of 30 (your frames per second). 
It's not perfect, but it improves scrolling smoothness.
Would be nice to be able to cap the speed as you can't really see anything when scrolling with Kodi whereas other media apps use a much slower pace so you can at least make out what is being scrolled.
Couldn't agree with you more, a lot of apps have a set speed once you 'fast scroll' which is much smoother and slowed pace and this is really annoying in kodi and also kills animations that are set in the skin if they depend on the browsing items. That should probably change globally or at least be something that a skinner/user could change. Even pointing on where this controlled in kodi core code would help at least for personal use...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smooth scrolling panels0