Custom home screen icons?
Is it possible to replace the home screen icons (when in "Icon style Home menu") with custom images?

Thanks for a great looking skin btw.
(2015-03-10, 11:53)tenzion Wrote: Is it possible to replace the home screen icons (when in "Icon style Home menu") with custom images?

Thanks for a great looking skin btw.
tenzion,

You betcha, I coded the skin so that you could easily replace any (or all) of these images. In the addons/skin.apptv/extras/homeicons directory you will find all of the current icon home menu icons (and also a template image to guide you in what is required). As long as your new image matches the sizing and corner radius of the template image you should be good to replace any of the images in this directory. Also if you want to replace some of the images for custom menu items, follow the template image will allow you to better match the existing icons (you don't have to store the icon in this directory, in fact it might be better if you don't). Also be aware that a skin update will overwrite this directory, so any updated existing images you place here will need to be saved elsewhere as well.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2015-03-11, 15:18)wyrm Wrote: You betcha, I coded the skin so that you could easily replace any (or all) of these images. In the addons/skin.apptv/extras/homeicons directory you will find all of the current icon home menu icons (and also a template image to guide you in what is required). As long as your new image matches the sizing and corner radius of the template image you should be good to replace any of the images in this directory. Also if you want to replace some of the images for custom menu items, follow the template image will allow you to better match the existing icons (you don't have to store the icon in this directory, in fact it might be better if you don't). Also be aware that a skin update will overwrite this directory, so any updated existing images you place here will need to be saved elsewhere as well.

Thanks for this great reply. Really helpful!!
Add fantastic value to this skin!

Any way of sharing an editable version of the template image or telling me what the "corner radius" is within the template image?
(2015-03-11, 23:03)tenzion Wrote: Thanks for this great reply. Really helpful!!
Add fantastic value to this skin!

Any way of sharing an editable version of the template image or telling me what the "corner radius" is within the template image?
Don't think SamFisher kept the vector form of this image, but it's so simple you can just trace it again in your vector package anyway. From memory the radius was about 6px, but not sure.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Hello,
I tried to find addons/skin.apptv/extras/homeicons directory, but I dont have skin.apptv in addons direcory
Could you please help with this?
Pepo32,

Without knowing which version of Kodi you are running and on what platform you are using I can't give you an exact answer. I suggest you take a look at this Kodi wiki page for your answer.

Wyrm (AppTV)

Hi wyrm, thanks for quick response.
I am using 16.1 jarvis runing on x64 Win7
(2017-03-08, 19:35)Pepo32 Wrote: Hi wyrm, thanks for quick response.
I am using 16.1 jarvis runing on x64 Win7
Pepo32,

provided link will help you to find the correct directory to change image using 16.1 Jarvis. Now if you update to 17.0 Krypton you will find version 1.5.0 of the skin allows you to change the icon assignment directly in the skins home menu customization screen (located in the skins settings menus). No need to save images into the skins custom icons directory at all.

Wyrm (AppTV)

I solved this problem, thanks for your help.
I have on another question. How to reorder icons ? I want to have settings and shutdown icon on right side.
Guys just a reminder. If you have a new issue or question, please start a new thread. People searching for related posts can miss posts if they are lumped into an ongoing thread. Also is a massive PITA for me to keep track on what is being asked.

Pepo32, your question is kind of related to the initial post so I will answer here but in future please start a new thread.

(2017-03-12, 22:58)Pepo32 Wrote: I solved this problem, thanks for your help.
I have on another question. How to reorder icons ? I want to have settings and shutdown icon on right side.

Sorry you can't move icons from within the skin. The required code from my end would be horrendous. Maybe in the future I might be able to come up with a way to achieve this without becoming completely deranged, maybe.

To achieve what you want will require you to edit my code. Warning if you muck it up the skin will in all likelihood not work any more, so I would strongly suggest that you backup the entire AppTV skin directory before attempting the following.

In the skins 720p directory you need to edit the following file, Includes_IconHome.xml. You need to look thru the code and find the <item> code block that corresponds with what you want to move and move it to your required position within the list of items.

Huge big note on the above instructions. Moving the first four items in the list can potentially mess up the navigation to the shelf icons above the main icon area so be careful what you mess with. Also the above instructions are rather vague because I have no idea what version of the skin you are using and the required <item> block probably has moved around a bit. Also I have no idea of which icons you have enabled, so have no idea of where you would need to move the block to.

If you think you are capable of figuring out the above instructions, give it a crack, but be aware I am not really prepared to help you much with debugging problems you might encounter.

Good luck
Wyrm (AppTV)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom home screen icons?0