• 5(current)
WIP Krypton Testing branch
Uuuhhhh Zpower, how do I get to that menu..?

3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Aah i got it, somehow Smile
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
I brielfy looked at Krypton Alpha the other day and naturally switched straight to Amber since Estuary is not for me. Whatever version came via the official Kodi repo.

I have some comments which I hope are constructive (not complaints)
- Dramatically overhauling multiple things from one version to the next rarely goes down well.
- The new 'On Deck' with tabbed options isn't a direction I enjoyed. Tabs have a place in a web browser, not in a 10 ft interface. Plus the option to choose which On Deck items is now gone...a lot of people simply have no need for something like 'random' movies on their homescreen.
- A lot of the new view layouts don't work, the visual balance is totally wrong. Has the designer changed? I guess I will need to elaborate on this comment for it to be useful so I will do so in my next comment but basically every change is for the worst in my opinion. Position of posters, margin sizes, visual balance etc. It's really quite awful. That's why I am wondering if a new designer is on board. Also ties in with the first comment regarding dramatic change from one version to the next. Nobody likes their favorite view to be suddenly gone or mangled.
- The vertical home menu is positioned wrong, the right hand margin is much too small. I can see from the changelog this is deliberate but it looks very odd and unbalanced

Amber is the best skin by far and the work you guys have done over the years is fantastic. But I hope it doesn't lose something in an attempt to keep up with the dramatic changes of other skins.
Hey, it looks like the CodecInfo / PlayerProcessInfo no longer works (http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v17_(Krypton)...nformation)

I get the following

ERROR: unable to load:/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.amber-3.0.2/1080i/DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml, Line 0
(2016-08-10, 19:57)voochi Wrote: I brielfy looked at Krypton Alpha the other day and naturally switched straight to Amber since Estuary is not for me. Whatever version came via the official Kodi repo.

- Dramatically overhauling multiple things from one version to the next rarely goes down well.
- The new 'On Deck' with tabbed options isn't a direction I enjoyed. Tabs have a place in a web browser, not in a 10 ft interface. Plus the option to choose which On Deck items is now gone...a lot of people simply have no need for something like 'random' movies on their homescreen.
- A lot of the new view layouts don't work, the visual balance is totally wrong. Has the designer changed? I guess I will need to elaborate on this comment for it to be useful so I will do so in my next comment but basically every change is for the worst in my opinion. Position of posters, margin sizes, visual balance etc. It's really quite awful. That's why I am wondering if a new designer is on board. Also ties in with the first comment regarding dramatic change from one version to the next. Nobody likes their favorite view to be suddenly gone or mangled.
- The vertical home menu is positioned wrong, the right hand margin is much too small. I can see from the changelog this is deliberate but it looks very odd and unbalanced

Amber is the best skin by far and the work you guys have done over the years is fantastic. But I hope it doesn't lose something in an attempt to keep up with the dramatic changes of other skins.

Hi, most of the layout changes have been done by me to try and keep it looking fresh. The old layouts were all individually coded and the code had become quite a mess so I tried to streamline it where possible, most of it hadn't been updated in years .

Sorry that you aren't happy with the new style and I do see your point about those that haven;t been trying the betas will be quite surprised (some pleasantly, some not so) by the changes i have made. I've mostly had good feedback on here (I'm no UI designer) but all feedback is welcome.

I've put forward a couple of options to Jester who maintains the skin and we'll see what he thinks. Once he's made a decision then I'll come back to this thread with the answer.
(2016-08-10, 20:12)Smultie Wrote: Hey, it looks like the CodecInfo / PlayerProcessInfo no longer works (http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v17_(Krypton)...nformation)

I get the following

ERROR: unable to load:/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.amber-3.0.2/1080i/DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml, Line 0

We haven't written that one yet as it is quite new, it's on the list :-)
(2016-08-10, 20:36)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 20:12)Smultie Wrote: Hey, it looks like the CodecInfo / PlayerProcessInfo no longer works (http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v17_(Krypton)...nformation)

I get the following

We haven't written that one yet as it is quite new, it's on the list :-)

Thanks, just wanted to make sure someone notified you guys Smile

Thanks for all the hard work you put into the best skin for Kodi!
(2016-08-10, 20:34)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 19:57)voochi Wrote: I brielfy looked at Krypton Alpha the other day and naturally switched straight to Amber since Estuary is not for me. Whatever version came via the official Kodi repo.

Hi, most of the layout changes have been done by me to try and keep it looking fresh. The old layouts were all individually coded and the code had become quite a mess so I tried to streamline it where possible, most of it hadn't been updated in years .

Sorry that you aren't happy with the new style and I do see your point about those that haven;t been trying the betas will be quite surprised (some pleasantly, some not so) by the changes i have made. I've mostly had good feedback on here (I'm no UI designer) but all feedback is welcome.

I've put forward a couple of options to Jester who maintains the skin and we'll see what he thinks. Once he's made a decision then I'll come back to this thread with the answer.
Hey @joethepartylion, you are doing just fine with the new Amber skin. I initially thought some changes were unnecessary at first but am really appreciating your creativity and want to thank you and @Jester for maintaining the Amber skin for Kodi going forward.
Hi!

I have not noticed that no one has yet mentioned the following problem.

In home menu, shelf is always visible in "Tv-series" and "Favourites" section. Settings will not be affected, even if individual pick "Hide the TV show shelf" and "Hide Favourites shelf" or simply "Disable all home shelves".

I am using Milhouses latest LibreELEC testbuild for Rasberry Pi (Kodi 17) and Amber version 3.0.2.
(2016-08-10, 20:34)joethepartylion Wrote:

I have just changed from the default skin because my wife and I couldn't read the Estuary font (especially the synopsis etc) from the couch... I love the change, but the 10' experience (which is what it's going for) is suffering because of that I think...

We have switched to Amber, and love it... The one thing I would corroborate with voochi on / suggest for consideration is indeed the "tabs"... Using a keyboard it's very easy of course, but from the couch, using an IR Remote, it's just bothersome enough to change from (for example) "Recently Added" to "In Progress" that we just don't bother...

I have actually manually updated from the Repo version to the latest git commit of the Amber skin with the Krypton menu fixes etc...
Bug 
Hello again,

I think i´ve found two bugs.

The first one:
In main page the weather info only appear on screen if i enter first in weather menu.
I already uninstall openweather and install again.
I test this bug on RaspeberyPI and on my PC.
I made a small video. watch here please: https://youtu.be/jjI75iIWBnw

Second:
- After i watch a movie or video when popup tratk for ratting movie no text.
I test this bug on RaspeberyPI and on my PC and only with Amber occurred.
Theres a screenshot: http://i.imgbox.com/h8mRqJ63.png

http://i.imgbox.com/h8mRqJ63.png
Hello?
(2016-08-12, 13:18)garret Wrote: Hi!

I have not noticed that no one has yet mentioned the following problem.

In home menu, shelf is always visible in "Tv-series" and "Favourites" section. Settings will not be affected, even if individual pick "Hide the TV show shelf" and "Hide Favourites shelf" or simply "Disable all home shelves".

I am using Milhouses latest LibreELEC testbuild for Rasberry Pi (Kodi 17) and Amber version 3.0.2.

Thanks, found the issue and will be fixed in the next commit round.
(2016-08-14, 19:22)Zpower Wrote: I think i´ve found two bugs.

The first one:
In main page the weather info only appear on screen if i enter first in weather menu.

Second:
- After i watch a movie or video when popup tratk for ratting movie no text.

1. Yes I have the same issue, I have seen it mentioned in other threads with other skins and Ronie can't find the issue, I presume it is something to do with the Image Selector script. It is on my list to look into.

2. I presume that the trakt addon is using a certain font definition that we don't have in the skin e.g. font14. I'll have a look, we had the same issue with other addons e.g, LibreElec settings addon.

Thanks
(2016-08-10, 19:57)voochi Wrote: - The vertical home menu is positioned wrong, the right hand margin is much too small. I can see from the changelog this is deliberate but it looks very odd and unbalanced

I've added another 10px to the right hand whitespace to improve this. Should be in the next round of commits.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton Testing branch1