• 7(current)
WIP Krypton Testing branch
(2016-08-29, 22:34)joethepartylion Wrote: https://github.com/jester-xbmc/skin.ambe...408b2b6533

Out of curiosity, what other changes aren't you happy with?
Thank you a lot! This helps me to get my Kodi perfect.

It's the new focus color.

Actually... Color itself is not the problem for me. In a matter of fact it looks much clearer in many places like in EPG, but I didn't like the way how it show's for example episode numbers in TV-shows (black square-hole). Of course this is just a matter of taste, but I would like more normal style (just negative text color when focused).

But main reason why I didn't want to upgrade was that what Raitsa already mentioned. I've made some changes, and because I am lazy I do not want to do them again. ->

In Finland (and at least in Netherland I believe, maybe in other European countries too...) local tv-broadcasters have agreed that they will use only "short_event_descriptor" field in DVB-T EIT-data. This information is saved to PlotOutline-variable. Most skins use variable "Plot" to show description. This leads to the fact that we cannot see the description of the TV-programs at all in EPG, PVR-recordings, PVR-channels, etc. I've seen people complain about this topic before in this forum. So I changed variables to "PlotOutline" in DialogPVRInfo.xml and MyPVRGuide.xml and now everything works fine. I also edited Includes_Variables.xml to get description to tv-recordings and TV-channels list view.

That's reminds me about one thing. I still don't have description when playing recordings. Where can I find xml-file what effects that field in Zpower's picture above (red highlight in info-area)? is it VideoOSD.xml or VideoFullScreen.xml?
(2016-08-30, 13:02)Wyse Wrote: With the new version I have the Problem that I don't see my on deck TV series. Amber ONDECK says "no content found". If i navigate to the on deck tv series via the Addon Browser I get the correct display of my on deck series. 1

Ooops, bad copy paste, will be fixed in the next round of commits. If you wish to fix it yourself for now look in the Includes_Plexbmc.xml file for

<param name="listitemcontent1">Plex_OnDeckEpisodeContent</param>

and change it to

<param name="listitemcontent2">Plex_OnDeckEpisodeContent</param>
(2016-08-30, 13:02)garret Wrote: Thank you a lot! This helps me to get my Kodi perfect.

It's the new focus color.

Actually... Color itself is not the problem for me. In a matter of fact it looks much clearer in many places like in EPG, but I didn't like the way how it show's for example episode numbers in TV-shows (black square-hole). Of course this is just a matter of taste, but I would like more normal style (just negative text color when focused).

But main reason why I didn't want to upgrade was that what Raitsa already mentioned. I've made some changes, and because I am lazy I do not want to do them again. ->

In Finland (and at least in Netherland I believe, maybe in other European countries too...) local tv-broadcasters have agreed that they will use only "short_event_descriptor" field in DVB-T EIT-data. This information is saved to PlotOutline-variable. Most skins use variable "Plot" to show description. This leads to the fact that we cannot see the description of the TV-programs at all in EPG, PVR-recordings, PVR-channels, etc. I've seen people complain about this topic before in this forum. So I changed variables to "PlotOutline" in DialogPVRInfo.xml and MyPVRGuide.xml and now everything works fine. I also edited Includes_Variables.xml to get description to tv-recordings and TV-channels list view.

That's reminds me about one thing. I still don't have description when playing recordings. Where can I find xml-file what effects that field in Zpower's picture above (red highlight in info-area)? is it VideoOSD.xml or VideoFullScreen.xml?

No problem, I'm not happy with the episode numbers either and may try something different (like what you suggested)

I've seem some skins allow the option to choose plot or plot outline, would that be a useful switch, it would be quite easy to do as a skin setting, could even make it show/movie/live tv independent.

For the OSD it is the same for all videos so is set in VideoFullScreen.xml, and is set to VideoPlayer.Plot, you may need to create a new variable so if it is livetv then use the plotoutline instead.
(2016-08-30, 14:33)joethepartylion Wrote: No problem, I'm not happy with the episode numbers either and may try something different (like what you suggested)

I've seem some skins allow the option to choose plot or plot outline, would that be a useful switch, it would be quite easy to do as a skin setting, could even make it show/movie/live tv independent.

For the OSD it is the same for all videos so is set in VideoFullScreen.xml, and is set to VideoPlayer.Plot, you may need to create a new variable so if it is livetv then use the plotoutline instead.

It would be great option to change description value. Maybe I will give second chance to next version Wink

I now edited VideoFullScreen.xml. And now I have description when push "Ok" and then "i":

But when I just push "i", I cannot get description:

Can you guide me one more time?

EDIT: I think I get it. Is it DialogFullScreenInfo.xml?
(2016-08-30, 19:43)garret Wrote: EDIT: I think I get it. Is it DialogFullScreenInfo.xml?

Yes, that's the one.
(2016-08-30, 19:43)garret Wrote: It would be great option to change description value. Maybe I will give second chance to next version Wink

Thinking about it, it may be simpler to just fallback to PlotOutline if Plot is empty, then no additional settings are necessary, what do you think?
(2016-08-31, 20:03)joethepartylion Wrote: Thinking about it, it may be simpler to just fallback to PlotOutline if Plot is empty, then no additional settings are necessary, what do you think?

I agreed!

Just quit wondering this. My skills are not enough to solve this problem. I just don't understand Kodi's variables. Sad

I added to IncludesVariables.xml line:

Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.PlotOutline)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>

...in "Plots and descriptions" -section and after that I use $VAR[Plots] everywhere. It works like I wanted in EPG, recordings, and channel-list. If there is a information in Plot, it uses it, in another case it uses PlotOutline, but not in VideoFullScreen.xml and DialogFullScreenInfo.xml.

I must leave this to professionals like you...
(2016-08-31, 20:49)garret Wrote:
(2016-08-31, 20:03)joethepartylion Wrote: Thinking about it, it may be simpler to just fallback to PlotOutline if Plot is empty, then no additional settings are necessary, what do you think?

I agreed!

Just quit wondering this. My skills are not enough to solve this problem. I just don't understand Kodi's variables. Sad

I added to IncludesVariables.xml line:

Code:
<value condition="!IsEmpty(ListItem.PlotOutline)">$INFO[ListItem.PlotOutline]</value>

...in "Plots and descriptions" -section and after that I use $VAR[Plots] everywhere. It works like I wanted in EPG, recordings, and channel-list. If there is a information in Plot, it uses it, in another case it uses PlotOutline, but not in VideoFullScreen.xml and DialogFullScreenInfo.xml.

I must leave this to professionals like you...

Ah, yes that's tripped me up a few times too. In those places you need to use videoplayer.plotoutline not listitem.plotoutline etc. :-)
Hello, it's me again.

I think that I find a bug. When showing submenu over selected tv-recording, some options appear twice.

Version 3.0.2.
(2016-09-01, 19:46)garret Wrote: Hello, it's me again.

I think that I find a bug. When showing submenu over selected tv-recording, some options appear twice.

Version 3.0.2.

The context menus are managed by Kodi core and I believe that has been fixed in the most recent nightlies.
You are right. I can see this also with Estuary skin. My mistake.

I have latest testbuild (LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0831: RPi / RPi2). Do you think I should inform Milhouse about that?
Yes
(2016-09-02, 07:39)Zpower Wrote: Yes

Done!
New Krypton7 branch

7thSeptember2016 -Moved to Krypton7 branch - All previous commits are now part of Jester's official Amber branch. New settings layout and split SkinSettings into own window. Allow disabling of sub sections in shelves. Add some standard font sizes for addons (Should fix some of the missing text in addons issues).Fix missing on deck shelf for episodes. Change unwatched episode layout based on feedback. Add PlotOutline as a fallback if Plot is empty. Initial PlayerProcessInfo window (ripoff of Estuary ATM). Fix completely broken DialogGameControllers window. Update DialogVideoInfo window.
(2016-09-07, 14:56)joethepartylion Wrote: New Krypton7 branch

7thSeptember2016 -Moved to Krypton7 branch - All previous commits are now part of Jester's official Amber branch. New settings layout and split SkinSettings into own window. Allow disabling of sub sections in shelves. Add some standard font sizes for addons (Should fix some of the missing text in addons issues).Fix missing on deck shelf for episodes. Change unwatched episode layout based on feedback. Add PlotOutline as a fallback if Plot is empty. Initial PlayerProcessInfo window (ripoff of Estuary ATM). Fix completely broken DialogGameControllers window. Update DialogVideoInfo window.

Thanks
I´ll try Smile
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton Testing branch1