• 8(current)
WIP Krypton Testing branch
For now its all ok

Updated Krypton7 branch

8thSeptember2016 - Reworked MusicOSD for consistency with VideoOSD. Add setting to hide media flags. Updated Playlist windows.
(2016-08-23, 17:41)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-08-12, 15:11)edrikk Wrote: We have switched to Amber, and love it... The one thing I would corroborate with voochi on / suggest for consideration is indeed the "tabs"... Using a keyboard it's very easy of course, but from the couch, using an IR Remote, it's just bothersome enough to change from (for example) "Recently Added" to "In Progress" that we just don't bother...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be done better or any other skins to use as an idea, we need to bear in mind that Amber uses a vertical and horizontal menu so navigation needs to work for both.

I will add options to hide certain tabs\sections that people don't need e.g. random movies, in the next round of commits.

New shelf layout testing branch

OK, I have created a new branch which uses a vertical scroll for the different shelves not a tab view. This isn't final and I'd like to get some feedback e.g. it isn't obvious that you can move up and down at the moment. Please try if you can and let me know your thoughts.

https://github.com/joethepartylion/skin....e/ShelfMod
Updated Krypton7 branch

11thSeptember2016 - Add colour management settings to VideoOSD (if supported), split recordings for TV and Radio into separate shelves. Move weather info to title bar (can be toggled on/off) and remove shelf for now.
Updated Krypton7 branch

13thSeptember2016 - Added vertical scrollbar to EPG Grid control

Using nightly 20160912-4c91ab9
Updated Krypton7 branch

15thSeptember2016 - Fix broken\missing VideoOSD (sorry), call InstallAddon if non-installed addons are activated, misc fixes

Updated Krypton7 branch

16thSeptember2016 - Support for Global Search addon, can be enabled via Skin settings. Change Home screen top bar for consistency and extra info. Support for Next Up Notification, NextUpInfo only for now, others to come later

Moved to Krypton8 branch

22ndSeptember2016 -Moved to Krypton8 branch - All previous commits are now part of Jester's official Amber branch. Changed shelf layout based on feedback (people don't like tabs :-) ). Add some more standard font definitions, LibreELEC settings should be usable now.

Using nightly 20160921-a8b701d
Todays version installed and working great on my NUCs.

One small wish though: I would love to have subtitle download even more easily on hand.
reFocus has a very, very clever, easy and fast way to do it: you just press ok and this text screen shows up and that text approach works for everyone, even for... say 100 year old users.

3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2016-09-22, 17:37)Raitsa Wrote: Todays version installed and working great on my NUCs.

One small wish though: I would love to have subtitle download even more easily on hand.
reFocus has a very, very clever, easy and fast way to do it: you just press ok and this text screen shows up and that text approach works for everyone, even for... say 100 year old users.

Hmm interesting, maybe this could be done with toggle to choose a miniOSD, let me think about it ;-)
Oh I am quite excited now, thanks for considering it joethepartylion Love
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
@joeyhepartylion

New user of Amber here.

Just wanted share how awesome your collaboration is!

Estuary refuses to include an option to make the fonts a little bigger so people can actually use the skin from 9' away...

Great job and kudos to you!
23rdSeptember2016 -Added NextUpStillWatching window, couple of small bugfixes.

Using nightly 20160921-a8b701d
Keep up the great work! Most glass effects are gone for a matte look. Can't wait until the glass gets removed from the home menuSmile
Hi,

Just used the latest version quickly, here a few things i noticed :

- cant disable Radio Rds form home menu
- cant use movies/series... libraries fanarts as backgroud image in the menu
- cant display the codec overlay, even if i suspect its not a skin issue but more a key that i have to map on my remote.

For the rest, great work as usual !

Bibi
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton Testing branch1