• 15(current)
WIP Krypton Testing branch
Updated Krypton9 branch

9thDecember2016 - New Music and Video Info dialogs. Many fixes including, mini pvr video window, non scrolling recording window

Using Krypton Beta 6
Updated Krypton9 branch

13thDecember2016 - Addon, Picture and PVR info dialogs are now similar to Music and Video info dialogs

Using Krypton Beta 6
Hello..

Is there a way to enable fanart (artwork) in Video OSD if i pause the Video.
(2016-12-13, 18:45)Ruschi Wrote: Hello..

No there isn't but could consider it if it is what people wanted to see, where would you expect the fanart to appear?
(2016-12-13, 18:58)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-12-13, 18:45)Ruschi Wrote: Hello..

No there isn't but could consider it if it is what people wanted to see, where would you expect the fanart to appear?
In the middle of the bottom maybe. Like in "eminence 2.0 mod"Image
I have used both plexbmc and amber since 14.x, and it has been great. I like the vertical menu, the shelves, the nice integration with plex, the great overall look and unbuggy behaviour. I have three RPis (1,2,3) with openelec 6.0.3 and a win7x64 at Isengard 15.2. They use plugin.video.plexbmc-4.0.0beta4 and the release amber. I cant upgrade any of these because sorting options are broken starting with 16.x. I sort unwatched material by date added. In 16 this option doesn't exist or work. Most options seem to be file modified dates or mere alpha which won't work for me.

On another windows 7x64 machine I installed 17beta6, and the plexbmc and amber from github downloaded today, 12/14. I installed plexbmc. When installing amber, update did not work, so I reverted to titan, then uninstalled the release amber. I found that the sorting options are correct in titan. I installed amber and the sorting options were again a problem.
On first install none of the shelves were displayed, and the menu items didn't work either. In settings I disabled then enabled the shelves. They then worked. The menu items still did not. I selected an item on the shelf, then backspaced to home and the menus were working.
If I restart kodi, the shelves disappear. Select the appropriate menu, then backspace out and the shelves appear. Menus have been OK on restart. The connection to the plex server is GigE.
My plex music is segmented to music, audiobooks, and comedy. The shelf items for all three are the same items, from audiobooks. (not a new issue...but since I found this forum)

Are the sorting options broken? Can they revert to what was in 15.2, when they worked properly?

Plex server is at 0.9.15.3, Amber IDs as 3.0.4, Plexbmc as 4.1.0

edit - After navigating around the interface, the shelves or some of them disappear. They can be made to reappear as described above.
(2016-12-14, 18:30)jimm4760 Wrote: I have used both plexbmc and amber since 14.x, and it has been great. I like the vertical menu, the shelves, the nice integration with plex, the great overall look and unbuggy behaviour. I have three RPis (1,2,3) with openelec 6.0.3 and a win7x64 at Isengard 15.2. They use plugin.video.plexbmc-4.0.0beta4 and the release amber. I cant upgrade any of these because sorting options are broken starting with 16.x. I sort unwatched material by date added. In 16 this option doesn't exist or work. Most options seem to be file modified dates or mere alpha which won't work for me.

On another windows 7x64 machine I installed 17beta6, and the plexbmc and amber from github downloaded today, 12/14. I installed plexbmc. When installing amber, update did not work, so I reverted to titan, then uninstalled the release amber. I found that the sorting options are correct in titan. I installed amber and the sorting options were again a problem.
On first install none of the shelves were displayed, and the menu items didn't work either. In settings I disabled then enabled the shelves. They then worked. The menu items still did not. I selected an item on the shelf, then backspaced to home and the menus were working.
If I restart kodi, the shelves disappear. Select the appropriate menu, then backspace out and the shelves appear. Menus have been OK on restart. The connection to the plex server is GigE.
My plex music is segmented to music, audiobooks, and comedy. The shelf items for all three are the same items, from audiobooks. (not a new issue...but since I found this forum)

Are the sorting options broken? Can they revert to what was in 15.2, when they worked properly?

Plex server is at 0.9.15.3, Amber IDs as 3.0.4, Plexbmc as 4.1.0

edit - After navigating around the interface, the shelves or some of them disappear. They can be made to reappear as described above.

Hi, this all seems to be plexbmc related and unfortunately I am not an add-on developer so we would need some help from someone who is. I don't think anyone is maintaining the plexbmc add-on anymore so you may need to ask in the add-ons forum if there is anyone willing to help.
after update 1218 or 1219 / when i press video or program of addons ,does not matter what press i bet black window. till 1217 no problems

Er, what has happened to the GIT link from #1? getting a 404 not found ..... ?

Thanks Smile
(2016-12-24, 12:06)zenji2010 Wrote: Er, what has happened to the GIT link from #1? getting a 404 not found ..... ?

Thanks Smile

Fixed, moved to Krypton10 branch :-)
New Krypton10 branch

28thDecember2016 - New settings window styles to try.

Using Krypton Beta 7
(2016-12-28, 21:59)joethepartylion Wrote:
(2016-12-24, 12:06)zenji2010 Wrote: Er, what has happened to the GIT link from #1? getting a 404 not found ..... ?

Thanks Smile

Fixed, moved to Krypton10 branch :-)

Thanks! Smile

Any chance you can make the parent window go transparent when adjusting audio offset - like on the Jarvis version of Amber?

Cheers and a Happy New Year!
Just loaded up Beta7, and I have to say I think the more recent changes that have been made to the skin are really positive. On most of my machines I've been using 16.1, and I'm really appreciating some of the aesthetic differences between it and this latest Beta. It's looking particularly pretty lately.

The only thing I'm not sure about so far from an aesthetic perspective is the music playback screen. With the assortment of different texts, their placements and sizes, I'm finding the screen a little untidy. Just my opinion. Functionally though, it works really well, and the extra on screen info will no doubt, prove useful.

http://i.imgur.com/8qiWTpe.png

Following the apparent death of PleXBMC, I've been experimenting more with PKC. The one main problem I've had transitioning has been that there aren't enough Home Menu Items items available for customising when trying to replicate the way that the Plex Libraries are available from the home screen in PleXBMC. Obviously, these menus that are missing from from PKC can be created by adding the menu to favourites, and then by creating a new Menu Item using this favourite, but now I'm finding that there aren't enough empty menu items. Would it be possible to expand the potential for Home Menu Items to help enable those with a large amount of Plex libraries to be able to use Amber with PKC much like PleXBMC worked? Additional empty Menu Item slots would probably be best, but allowing the existing, default ones (Pictures, Add-Ons, Movies, TV Shows, etc) to be customisable in the same way empty ones are may also work. Alternatively, is this something that the PKC developer, Croneter, could implement by replicating the way that PleXBMC automatically added these menu items on startup? That would certainly save the user the from having to add each menu item individually.

Aside from all that, keep up the good work. Amber seems to be looking and working the best it ever has.
Testing with Kodi 17RC1 and upcoming RC3, with Amber. I've been using Amber for quite some time now.
I really like the new look, flexibility, funcionalities. Here's some feedback.

Minors:
- Would be nice to have a bit more transparency in the video playback overlay, at least in the time bar that shows near the top edge, there is a lot of stuff in the overlay that makes it quite heavy - maybe smaller sizes, leaner UI elements
- Would be nice to be able to reorder main menu items. I'd like to have my favorites close to my addons without having to do xml hacking.
- Some addons like Reddit Video use items in lists that have a lot of text, and when using any of the views provided by Amber say List or Panel, the text displayed for the item name is limited to just 2 lines, which is normally not enough, and the scrolling is extremely slow, so that makes browsing content a bit slow and annoying, all Amber views have the same issue. Can we have more lines of text for the basic List and Panel views Smile
- for a leaner look overall, perhaps the selection bar in lists could be given some more transparency, this is subjective

Major problem:

- AFTER playing back one or two youtube videos and returning to the GUI, Amber's GUI elements start to flicker in a bizarre way, displaying triangular artifacts, especially in the areas of the screen that are being updated e.g. where there is scrolling text; the only fix is to restart Kodi; the GUI becomes unusable
At first I thought this was a video driver or video player-related problem, started to look for bugs and commits to Kodi that looked related - after noticing some improvement in RC3 over RC1. Found some, built and tested many kodi versions, had some discussions with devs.

Then by pure chance I reverted to Estuary and the issues were all gone. Then back to Amber, the issues were back after playing back one youtube or vimeo video. Then tested Confluence: no issues. This seems to be Amber-specific, perhaps Amber is triggering some underlying Krypton bug with skins, that other skins do not trigger, after video playback ends.
Hardware: Intel SOC (Baytrail), Software: Linux/Fedora 25 (server), Kodi 17 (from Alpha 1 to RC1 and current Krypton branch), Amber 3.0.5 (official from the repo)

Anybody else experiencing this problem?
I've got another one like this, I'm using a bit older release, but it may still be there:
Using Vertical menus: The Search menu item doesn't click from the left sub menu off of the Movies library item. I'm sure i got the terms all wrong, but if I click the left arrow while on Movies, I am presented with a list from Recently Added...Update Library. The Search item on that list doesn't do anything. It seems to on all the others I have.

(2016-10-26, 06:49)guentjo Wrote: Love the skin, have for a long while now.

Apparent bug in the latest version: The "Program Add-ons" menu item doesn't do anything when selected from the Add-ons menu of the Home page. Video, Music, Picture and Add-on Browser all seem to work. this happens when I open the Add-ons directory, pressing left and bringing up the side menu works fine for "Programs"
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton Testing branch1