v16 Issue Downloading Kodi "Jarvis" from Kodi.tv
Exclamation 
Hi,

I'm trying to download the current release "16.0" from Kodi.tv. The download seems to finish prematurely but when running the installer I get the following error message.

"NSIS Error: installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installers author to obtain a new copy. "

I have tried to download this from the different computers all with the same result. Any help would be appreciated Would like to update to the new version. Smile
Thumbs Down 
Sad I'm also having the same issue. Is there any other download mirrors or locations? I've tried downloading the same file on multiple computers and keep getting the same errors.
Here are all the direct links for that file: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...mirrorlist
Could you tell me the mirror location where you were downloading from ?
Thanks here is the link I downloaded from Australia. "http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/releases/win32/kodi-16.1-Jarvis.exe"
I have checked the mirror.
There is nothing wrong with the file at that specific mirror, so the issue must have been either in the transport (eg, bad internet connection) or on your end..
I'd agree with you if I was on in the same location but my friend who lives in a different city was having the same issue. Also I tried downloading it from a few different locations and had the same issue. I managed to download it form another mirror and it worked fine. Thanks for the reply.
i noticed kodi 16.1 was released so i downloaded and installed but got the same problem NSIS error here, and after trying about a dozen recommended solutions i found posted around the web, i came up with one myself that i hadn't seen mentioned anywhere else.

first, here are my circumstances and the multiple things i tried first:
-- i'm running pretty much stock minimal install of windows 10 pro
-- i've installed previous versions of kodi without any problems
-- the same install file runs fine on my other home PC running same version of windows
-- over the past few weeks and even last couple hours, i've downloaded and installed many other apps, including some that were downloaded directly as .exe's and they all installed fine.
-- only anti-virus i'm using is built in windows defender
-- i tried downloading using different browsers (chrome, firefox, edge/IE)
-- i had a download manager (downthemall) installed, but only in firefox
-- i tried downloading from different sources including the releases page
-- i even ran the command prompt /NCRC and while that bypassed the NSIS error initially, it failed at the very end of installation
-- i downloaded the installation exe on another computer and then transferred the file over the home network using teamviewer, and file still got NSIS error

finally the SOLUTION that worked for me
-- i downloaded the kodi installation .exe on another computer in my house, compressed the .exe to a .zip file (in my case, using 7zip default settings), and then i transferred the zip to my HTPC via teamviewer's built in file transfer tool, extracted the exe on my HTPC, ran it, and it worked!

so, i guess there is something on my HTPC windows 10 that is "intercepting" and/or corrupting only some file transfers of .exe files. it's sort of running like an anti-virus or other security/permission feature, but since this is the only time i've ever seen this NSIS error, i'm not going to research the cause any further. and since i have two computers running similar set ups of windows 10 pro, but this only happened on one PC, specifically with kodi 16.1, I'm too lazy to pursue it.

good luck to any one else with the same problem.
Also issues downloading to Australia. I'll try another source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue Downloading Kodi "Jarvis" from Kodi.tv0