IMDB ascending view - wrong order.
Please stay with me on this one as its a little odd to explain. I have a playlist which brings up the IMDB top 250. In Confluence skin this playlist loads and all films are shown in ascending numerical order. So it works.

If I then flick to Metropolis, the same playlist shows out of order ie

Etc. I have tried this in a couple of installs all with the same result. I am assuming it's something in the view settings, I have changed and fiddled all I can.

Can anyone offer any ideas as its driving me mad!
Is this in all Views?

I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything in the skin that would mess with the order Kodi presents the list, so I'm not sure why this would be..
Yeah all views, it's proper odd!!

Going to setup a clean build with your skin, but... I can't imagine what I could have changed!
He might have used a playlist as a menu, then skin.shortcurts could be rendering the list in a weird numerical order.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hi MacGyver, has tried the playlist that seems to come in your variation of the Skin... as well as creating my own playlist so I can avoid duplicates. Both produce the same results, its the main "home" used system so its just a odd annoyance. On clean tests build it seems to work.

Am smashing my whole setup over the next couple of days anyway, so will probably end up doing a full clean setup from scratch. if it still does it then, I may just find a dark room to sit on and sob a little
(2016-04-17, 09:01)MacGyver Wrote: He might have used a playlist as a menu, then skin.shortcurts could be rendering the list in a weird numerical order.

Hello! Having played and rebuilt I have the same issue.. are you able to elaborate slightly on what you mean by "used a playlist as a menu"?
I have no issues with Top250 and these settings.

But even set as a home screen submenu, it still sorts correctly for me (on Kodi 17).
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Ive got nothing on this now... I have clean built.. using your build on my laptop.. all works good...

Clean build on the primary device, NVidia Shield.. and its out of order.. so am proper confused!
The only thing I think is that the database is wonky from some sort of addon or a weird build. Have you tried copying the .db from the working one to the non, and then vice versa to to try to narrow it down?
Thanks for coming back to me on this, I use MYSQL for the DB so I guess that rules that out.

Due to a hardware failure. I took the decision to perform a entire rebuild, SQL and all and I have the same result.

It's not a massive issue... Just... One of those that bugs me as it works on other systems! I have copied playlists and even the entire folder! Tried different themes within the skin and all sorts!

I think what confuses me is that... It's a very simple playlist that should just.... Ascend! I feel this may just be one of those things that annoys me!
I also use MySQL database and it's sorting correctly for me here too on Linux and MacOS X with Kodi 16.1.

Not really sure what to tell you besides to check the 'Order by' field of your smart playlist.
Thanks guys... I am starting to think it may be a Android thing... so going to play around. Am pretty sure it isn't a skin issue now!

Thanks for the feedback

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDB ascending view - wrong order.0