black screen after pushing back on any screen
Hello,

I did a quick search on the forum, and found a lot of similar issues, but not specifically. So if i boot up kodi everything is fine hoe screen boots, but if I select anything, then try to go back or hit home, I get a black screen. I can still hit "S" at that point to bring up the menu, and navigate from there, but if i want to see the home screenn again, I have to reboot. This just started happening yesterday. As far as I know nothing has changed. I didnt install anything. I tried clearing cache, but same result. Any thoughtsHuh

.....I think I have narrowed it to being skin related. Im using the Titan skin currently. If I switch back to confluenece I still get the issue, but if I reboot at that point, when it comes back everything seems fine. I can navigate wherever i like and go back to the home screen no problem. Switching back over to the tItan skin I immediately get the black screen when trying to return to the home screen. (this thread may now be in the wrong place)
debug log (wiki) ?
....headed to the store, I will see if I can figure out how produce /upload one when I get back.
https://paste.ubuntu.com/23620523

really not sure if trhis is what is needed. I followed the instructions here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

but after turning debugging on, then restarting, when it came back it showed no sign of being in debug mode still. (words in top left corner like before the restart)
Yeah, good luck with that !!

You might want to review forum rules (wiki) and banned addons (wiki) before getting another (clean) debug log (wiki).
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I think this one will be more useful:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23620584
im aware of banned addons, but im not asking, nor did I mention anything about them.
* sigh *

No, but you won't get support here with a log that is chock full of them.....

Clean log or no support. It really is that simple.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
[COLOR green] * sigh *[/COLOR]

Ok, I suppose.

...but, If thats the case, then forum rules need to be ammended, because as far as im aware of, Im not breaking any rule, unless someone can correct me and point to the specific rule I just broke.
(2016-12-12, 22:31)spigot666 Wrote: [COLOR green] * sigh *[/COLOR]

Ok, I suppose.

...but, If thats the case, then forum rules need to be ammended, because as far as im aware of, Im not breaking any rule, unless someone can correct me and point to the specific rule I just broke.
I'm not a forum rule buff, but I do know 100% current practice is that a log needs to be clean for support .
That's not what I'd choose, but it's Team Kodi's choice / the Mods' choice so we all have to respect it. Trawl through the forum and you'll see that repeated time and again - offer up a log for support, make sure it's clean. If it isn't, remove the banned stuff first.
Perfectly correct, as some of those add-ons stick there code in all sorts of places they have no business in touching and can generally screw up unrelated stuff. That plus our complete lack of interest in supporting piracy means anything banned does indeed revoke any kind of support here.

So if the OP wants support it needs to be on a clean system which confirms to the rules, or else they are on their own with their piracy box. Simple choice...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
understood, and I appreciate the reply. however, as one who generally doesnt frequent message boards as much as I used to, Im not privy to such an "unwritten rule". I took the time to read the rules, and as I stated before, I didnt break any of the posted rules. My suggestion is to add this unwritten rule to the written rules, otherwise, whats the point of posting rules. Thanks again. sorry for any offenses I may have caused.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
black screen after pushing back on any screen0