• 22(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-02, 14:13)stourwalk Wrote: I've just upgrade to 0501 and the DTS centre channel noise issue that I mentioned earlier still occurs.

http://sprunge.us/IXXV is a debug log from 0501
http://sprunge.us/OZZI is a debug log from 0421 (which sounds perfect)

Under 0501 I tried with MMAL and OMX (no difference) and for each one - Sync display on / off (no difference), Passthrough enabled on / off (no difference).

Please let me know if there are any other settings you want me to try.

So, 0420 (I don't think 0421 was an official release) is good. 0423 is bad.
Does changing resample quality help? (try medium and GPU)?
If not, can you copy the firmware (start.elf and fixup.dat) from 0420 to 0423 build and report if that is good or bad?
(2016-05-02, 00:46)username145 Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 17:22)Ollo Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 15:35)username145 Wrote: I realised I had this problem before, and found the old thread with the solution-- It was the <omxdecodestartwithvalidframe> setting. So I added it to my advancedsettings xml, but it still happens

I tested the linked file and could not reproduce it with #0430 and only MMAL enabled. Fast forward and 10sec steps worked flawless.

I just upgraded to the the latest, from #0420, and it still occurs for me. Do you have the MPEG2 license installed? Might have something to do with that

This is on a Pi 3

This has been happening for a while now (including on my Pi 2), at one point I had a program running to check the recording dir for completed recordings and mux them to mkv, which fixes the problem and also makes seeking much faster. Doesn't fix the problem for time shifting though!

edit: remuxing to mkv doesn't fix the problem, it just makes it less noticeable because seeking is so much faster than a ts

Indeed I have the MPEG2 licence installed. So you might be right.
Seems that something in the settings layout changed in 0501. Now the left side of the settings screen is not working anymore in this mod. Anyone know how to fix this?

Build Highlights:
NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
Kodi 17.0 Alpha 2
New v24 Addons schema
Settings layout changes
Fix broken left/right remote control button inputs
Enable core dump for hello_video.bin (splash video)

watch gallery
Go ask whoever made that skin mod. Nightlies are to tested with official skin.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-05-02, 22:07)Martijn Wrote: Go ask whoever made that skin mod. Nightlies are to tested with official skin.

Sorry, something went wrong. I thought I asked it in the skins mod thread...
Been noticing a few crashes in the PVR Guide with #501 - finally caught it with a debug log on:

http://sprunge.us/Mbgf

I've had this happen a few times but only ever in the PVR Guide. I have a few other earlier crashlogs but debugging wasn't turned on for those, let me know if you'd like them anyway.. I'll keep debugging on to capture any subsequent ones in case they're handy.

I wasn't actually doing anything when these crashes occured, Kodi was just idle in the guide every time.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0502: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.6.0-rc5 #1 Mon May 2 22:53:53 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Apr 27 2016 11:10:34
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 9b52ab7b475f4a056658fd2d95d2440b32167390 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160502225252-#0502-g0b27675 [Build #0502]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002481.093: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0b276752, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (086a7796, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. [skin] bump GUI version
  3. File cache improvements
  4. Default to double buffered
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • kodi: Update appliance.xml after Settings reorg (PR:272, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dispmanx_vnc: initial addon (PR:271, 3 commits, 11 files changed)
    • opengl-meson and u-boot changes (PR:252, 3 commits, 34 files changed)
    • syncthing: initial addon (PR:265, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • tinyxml2: fix disable shared patch (PR:278, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [cmake] Sync VTB changes (PR:9730, 3 commits, 23 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: drop render method SW (PR:9719, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • [binary-addons] cmake: pass OVERRIDE_PATHS to addons (PR:9713, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • configure.ac / xbmc_arch.m4: add support for powerpc64 little endian (PR:9689, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: bump framebuffer object to 16 bit (PR:9720, 2 commits, 11 files changed)
    • [droid] fix settings shuffle (PR:9732, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • cleanup after settings shuffle (PR:9728, 3 commits, 10 files changed)
    • [settings] cleanup obsolete setting after reshuffle (PR:9734, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake] Rename APP_ROOT to SOURCE_CORE_DIR (PR:9710, 2 commits, 8 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: render fixes (PR:9733, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [Skin] Estouchy update (PR:9729, 1 commit, 33 files changed)
    • [skin] bump GUI version (PR:9735, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [depends] binary-addons: support ADDON_SRC_PREFIX in the autotools wr… (PR:9714, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • removed: Unused MemBufferCache class (PR:9718, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • File cache improvements (PR:9681, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: add setting for double/triple buffers (PR:9695, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • [python-api] - add preselect params to Dialog.multiselect() and Dialog().select() (PR:9666, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [lang][kodi.core] automatic syntax corrections for the en_GB language file (11c2fec4)
    • [lang][screensaver.xbmc.builtin.dim] automatic syntax corrections for the en_GB language file (8fc1cc2c)
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (55f9c8ad)
    • [lang][skin.estuary] updated language files from Transifex (8174a4e5)
    • [lang][skin.estouchy] automatic syntax corrections for the en_GB language file (3f8e9a3e)
    • [lang][skin.estouchy] updated language files from Transifex (086a7796)
  3. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • fix crash in timer handling (PR:39, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
  4. newclock5:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: add setting for double/triple buffers (3a1ce9e3)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Default double buffered
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
LibreELEC 8.0 Repository should now be available. Please post about any missing items. dispmanx_vnc should be added soon.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-02, 16:29)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-02, 14:13)stourwalk Wrote: I've just upgrade to 0501 and the DTS centre channel noise issue that I mentioned earlier still occurs.

http://sprunge.us/IXXV is a debug log from 0501
http://sprunge.us/OZZI is a debug log from 0421 (which sounds perfect)

Under 0501 I tried with MMAL and OMX (no difference) and for each one - Sync display on / off (no difference), Passthrough enabled on / off (no difference).

Please let me know if there are any other settings you want me to try.

So, 0420 (I don't think 0421 was an official release) is good. 0423 is bad.
Does changing resample quality help? (try medium and GPU)?
If not, can you copy the firmware (start.elf and fixup.dat) from 0420 to 0423 build and report if that is good or bad?

Ok - moved back to 0501 (I should note that 0421 was actually 0420 - I was stupidly looking at the date (sorry!)) - and changed the resample quality *from* GPU to High - problem goes away.

Same is true for Low/Medium too.

So for me the issue is narrowed down to the GPU Accelerated resampling. It's a RPI2 B+ btw and fwiw my config.txt looks like.. http://sprunge.us/BXZG

Hope that helps a little.
running 501 - using a harmony remote that maps to MCE remote and MCE keyboard. Remote commands work fine but the ones mapped to MCE keyboard do not. No problems with Jarvis - do I need an add-in here??

thnx

Dennis
(2016-05-03, 02:11)Milhouse Wrote: LibreELEC 8.0 Repository should now be available. Please post about any missing items. dispmanx_vnc should be added soon.

Thank you very much !!!
Millhouse, is there anything to automate the install of update with LibreElec?
I have 5 Pi's which i have to update at the moment, ok, its not a big deal, but would be cool to have an app on the pi's to auto update or a management tool to manage all of them...

Ohhh a Pi management tool. now that is a cool idea....
Thanks for all the updates!

Has something changed in Kodi 17 to stop posters being pulled down from the Internet if no poster.jpg is present locally? It's highlighted the movies that I have not setup properly, which I have now fixed, just curious.
(2016-05-03, 11:07)nick w Wrote: Millhouse, is there anything to automate the install of update with LibreElec?
I have 5 Pi's which i have to update at the moment, ok, its not a big deal, but would be cool to have an app on the pi's to auto update or a management tool to manage all of them...

There was an add-on avaailable to update Milhouse buildes based on OpenELEC. For LibreELEC, it is not yet updated. There is an unofficial add-on build from miigotu: https://github.com/miigotu/script.libreelec.devupdate/
For stable releases LibreELEC has it is´s own auto update function.

BTW, a Pi management console sounds like an awesome idea Smile
(2016-05-03, 11:07)nick w Wrote: Millhouse, is there anything to automate the install of update with LibreElec?

I wrote a milhouse.sh script Smile that simple pulls the file on a master system and then has SSH keys to the others and the SCP copies the file across to my RPIs of the same version and reboots them with a remote SSH command. This way I'm not taxing Milhouse's server for each download and I can update them accordingly.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19