v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-12, 03:54)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-12, 02:54)bill_orange Wrote: I just noticed a problem when playing music on build #0510. Build #0511 shares the problem. I suspect it has been around for a while. If a visualization is selected, such as Wavforhue or Spectrum and music is played, Kodi restarts. An Estuary problem perhaps?

http://xbmclogs.com/pfx0v8oaa

Thanks for the report. Wavforhue is a third-party add-on and seems to be having a problem processing the JSON response from a web server so I'd contact the author for more help with this add-on.

Spectrum on the other hand is a core visualization, can you upload your crashlog when using Spectrum?

Are you also saying that #0509 doesn't crash, or that you first noticed this problem with #0510? I'd be surprised if the Wavforhue and Spectrum problems are related, unless the Wavforhue JSON error is a red herring (a Wavforhue crashlog would shed more light on this particular crash, and could be compared with a Spectrum crashlog).

I stand corrected. spectrum does not result in a hang or restart. This morning when I ran the log file it would not reboot or hang. What it did do was slow the system down greatly. Mouse movement lagged by around 5 seconds and that's on a RPI3. This was also the case in earlier builds like 6.0.3. Relative to your question on when I noticed the problem, I am not sure at what point the problem started. I first noticed it on #0509. I rarely use visualization too distracting.

Here's a log file with the "spectrum slowdown"

http://xbmclogs.com/pnagbppgo

Hopefully this behavior can be easily reproduced. It may be just the "nature of the beast". However, I would think that a RPI3 would be able to play music, display spectrum and move the mouse smoothly at the same time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by bill_orange - 2016-05-12, 16:22
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19