• 38(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-15, 23:18)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 11:58)-DH- Wrote: A couple seconds (around 5 to 7) after skipping a chapter or moving forward a couple minutes a noticeable short "freeze" occurred.

Yep. I'm aware of this one. I've been working on it but don't have a good fix yet.

After testing different build releases I can tell the short freeze problem started with LE8 #412. In LE8 #411 and down to #403 it works well.
(2016-05-14, 20:32)DarrenHill Wrote: The current forked version of the YouTube add-on (based from Bromix's one) is detailed in this thread . There are download links for the add-on and its repo in the first post of that thread.

How well it works with these Krypton builds I don't know.

@DarrenHill. Thanks for pointing this out. As soon as I installed the repository, my version of the YouTube add-on was updated and everything is working now.

Regards,
-Darren

Next question, what add-on is best used to support Amazon Prime Videos on LibreELEC?
(2016-05-16, 13:00)darebee Wrote: Next question, what add-on is best used to support Amazon Prime Videos on LibreELEC?

Read note #6 in the first post. I'm happy with the first add-on listed, plugin.video.prime_instant.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-16, 10:21)bite_your_idols Wrote: Now I have to test OE builds because I tried yesterday but when updating from OE 7 beta 3 to a couple of your builds it freezes in Kodi splashscreen or enter in an infinite loop with kodi and openelec screens... As I say I will try again later.

Ah yes that's the inputstream bug. If you temporarily disable resolving of the openelec.tv domain with:
Code:
echo "127.0.0.1 openelec.tv" >> /storage/.config/hosts.conf
and reboot, I think you might be able to boot those older OE builds without Kodi crashing on startup.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Has something happened to libreelec recently? Moving from 0511 to the latest nightly and the user interface seems to have slowed to an absolute crawl. videos still play fine but the UI is now very laggy.
(2016-05-16, 09:50)ludger.lutscher Wrote: Since then my Digital Devices Cine C/C2/T/T2 V7 is not recognized anylonger.
Even this is not even close an RPi question Wink

The problem is that Digital Devices didn't provide kernel patches or in kernel drivers for Linux. They provide drivers of course but these kind of drivers delegates DDs work to the distribution providers to include them. So for LibreELEC/OpenELEC you have to create an patch against the kernel source code to get them supported (for each kernel version you have do this again). Don't get me wrong, this is possible but nobody wants to do Digital Devices work (this is no 2min task). Even DVBSky (a cheap china retailer) was able to get their dvb drivers in the kernel -> proper support. If budget manufacturers are able to provide proper drivers you can ask yourself why there isn't any support from DDs side.

There are LibreELEC images with additional dvb drivers (see my sig) but currently only for 7.0 (till there is some official 8.0 alpha/beta) - but even there the dddvb drivers are work in progress because they won't work probably (I have no hw - so I have to wait till someone test the builds).
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0516: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.6.0-rc7 #1 Tue May 17 00:29:00 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 13 2016 15:49:49
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 280c320a06a8ee014c9ea8df8c1350daa2c50d25 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160517002705-#0516-gfd3f3cf [Build #0516]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002486.805: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (fd3f3cf0, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (d87aca79, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Clean build. Update various packages (libressl etc.)
  3. Change aspect ratio of 1024 LE splash image
  4. Add bilinear scaling to LE splash
  5. Allow watched items to be hidden from home screen recently watched movie/tvshow widgets (Estuary only). link.
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Update packages (PR:346, 13 commits, 14 files changed)
      • pkg-config: update to 0.29.1
      • cmake: update to 3.5.2
      • ccache: update to 3.2.5
      • fontconfig: update to 2.11.95
      • mpfr: update to 3.1.4
      • libressl: update to 2.3.4
      • libmicrohttpd: update to 0.9.49
      • openvpn: update to 2.3.11
      • sqlite: update to 3.12.2
      • mesa: update to 11.2.2
      • xf86-input-evdev: update to 2.10.2
      • mpc: change download url
      • boost: change download url
    • LibreELEC: fixed bad ar for splash (PR:349, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • aarch64 addon fixes (PR:354, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • Cleanup taglibtagloader a bit and fix null padded tags (PR:9788, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [python][addon] Add nullptr checks to parameter handling (PR:9811, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake] Small binary-addon build system improvements (PR:9816, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [cleanup] remove DEFAULT_SKIN from system.h (PR:9814, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • AddonsDirectory.cpp: Fix root folder name (PR:9819, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. kodi-platform:
    • Change find_package kodi to Kodi (PR:25, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  4. peripheral.joystick:
    • Fixes/improvements from RetroPlayer branch (PR:39, 24 commits, 24 files changed)
  5. pvr.argustv:
    • Fix includes (PR:56, 2 commits, 12 files changed)
  6. pvr.demo:
    • Fix includes (PR:36, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  7. pvr.dvblink:
    • Fix includes (PR:50, 2 commits, 9 files changed)
  8. pvr.filmon:
    • Fix includes (PR:51, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
  9. pvr.hdhomerun:
    • Fix includes (PR:25, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  10. pvr.hts:
    • Fix includes (PR:224, 2 commits, 9 files changed)
  11. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • Fix includes (PR:80, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  12. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • Fix includes (PR:41, 2 commits, 11 files changed)
  13. pvr.mythtv:
    • Fix includes (PR:65, 2 commits, 8 files changed)
  14. pvr.nextpvr:
    • Fix includes (PR:46, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
  15. pvr.njoy:
    • Fix includes (PR:29, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
  16. pvr.pctv:
    • Fix includes (PR:38, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
  17. pvr.vbox:
    • Fix includes (PR:128, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
  18. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • Fix includes (PR:81, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
  19. pvr.vuplus:
    • Fix includes (PR:45, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
  20. pvr.wmc:
    • Fix includes (PR:44, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
  21. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:353: plymouth-lite: add bilinear interpolation patch
    • Added: [pkg] patch: [skin.estuary] Hide watched items on home (kodi-theme-Estuary)
(2016-05-16, 23:21)Trixster Wrote: Has something happened to libreelec recently? Moving from 0511 to the latest nightly and the user interface seems to have slowed to an absolute crawl. videos still play fine but the UI is now very laggy.

Not a crawl for me, but noticeably slower using the estuary mod. When going from TV to Movies, there is a 3 second circle spin while it loads the widgets.
Theater: The PS4/XBONE killer running Kodi 17.3 3D Movie Box: Raspberry Pi running LibreElec 8.0 Alpha BROKEN Family Room: "A6-Pack" running Kodi 17.3 Whole House: FireTV running Kodi 17.3
(2016-05-17, 07:14)ragedogg69 Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 23:21)Trixster Wrote: Has something happened to libreelec recently? Moving from 0511 to the latest nightly and the user interface seems to have slowed to an absolute crawl. videos still play fine but the UI is now very laggy.

Not a crawl for me, but noticeably slower using the estuary mod. When going from TV to Movies, there is a 3 second circle spin while it loads the widgets.

There are still one or two "busy dialog" issues after PR9778 mainly affecting third-party skins and widgets (see comments on github). I'm not seeing any issues with stock Estuary and the limited number of add-ons I have installed (YouTube, Amazon Prime Instant).
(2016-05-16, 21:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 10:21)bite_your_idols Wrote: Now I have to test OE builds because I tried yesterday but when updating from OE 7 beta 3 to a couple of your builds it freezes in Kodi splashscreen or enter in an infinite loop with kodi and openelec screens... As I say I will try again later.

Ah yes that's the inputstream bug. If you temporarily disable resolving of the openelec.tv domain with:
Code:
echo "127.0.0.1 openelec.tv" >> /storage/.config/hosts.conf
and reboot, I think you might be able to boot those older OE builds without Kodi crashing on startup.

it did the trick!

After spending several hours updating and testing I discovered that the last working version for Advanced Launcher is....
OpenELEC #1219, 19-Dec-2015 from this thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2191234

In the next one it fails like in all version till latest, so the issue must be related with something in here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2192054

If you can figure out what can be I can try to edit the addon...

thanks!
(2016-05-17, 07:27)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 07:14)ragedogg69 Wrote:

There are still one or two "busy dialog" issues after PR9778 mainly affecting third-party skins and widgets (see comments on github). I'm not seeing any issues with stock Estuary and the limited number of add-ons I have installed (YouTube, Amazon Prime Instant).

Interesting that might explain the noticeable lag, but small, I have noticed when using the Estuary Mod skin. Even with the overclock of the Pi3 it is still there.
The best thing that I have done for my Pi is to add a small cooling fan, it has dropped the reported temp by around 20c, I no longer get the warning square popping up as it did on occasion before indicating high temps.
(2016-05-17, 10:01)Vimes Wrote: Interesting that might explain the noticeable lag, but small, I have noticed when using the Estuary Mod skin. Even with the overclock of the Pi3 it is still there.
The best thing that I have done for my Pi is to add a small cooling fan, it has dropped the reported temp by around 20c, I no longer get the warning square popping up as it did on occasion before indicating high temps.

Do you get the lags with stock Estuary?
(2016-05-15, 21:03)drdwridav Wrote: First up big thanks to Milhouse for these builds. Can finally play all my 3D isos and works really well.
Only thing I've noticed is that the invert L/R image in video menu doesn't seem to do anything on ISOs and I have to manually switch to right eye first on the TV directly for right eye first movies.
On mkv movies the invert L/R works fine...
I'm on the latest test build and pretty new to this so can't tell if the invert command worked on earlier versions for isos?

Tried rolling back to the first libreelec build and the l/r switch for ISOs doesn't appear to work. Again works fine for mkvs. Does anyone know if this has worked in the past? Not a big issue as it can be changed on the TV...
(2016-05-17, 19:43)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 10:01)Vimes Wrote: Interesting that might explain the noticeable lag, but small, I have noticed when using the Estuary Mod skin. Even with the overclock of the Pi3 it is still there.

Do you get the lags with stock Estuary?

I realised that I had enabled animated posters in the modified Estuary Skin and after turning that feature off it has greatly improved when navigating.
Also turning off the Next Up (didn't want) and Artwork Downloader (increase CPU load when running and not needed by me) addons might have made a difference..?

As noted the differences for me is small but I do not get any lag at all with the default Estuary skin.
(2016-05-17, 19:47)drdwridav Wrote: Tried rolling back to the first libreelec build and the l/r switch for ISOs doesn't appear to work. Again works fine for mkvs. Does anyone know if this has worked in the past? Not a big issue as it can be changed on the TV...

Certainly used to work in the past. Let me have a look.....
Okay I've found something. Please try again with tonight's build.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19