• 44(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
having issues setting the time. i have pool.ntp.org configured but the time is still incorrect. any ideas? this is libreelec build #0525
(2016-05-26, 06:37)TheShoe Wrote: having issues setting the time. i have pool.ntp.org configured but the time is still incorrect. any ideas? this is libreelec build #0525
Has this started with #0525? If not which is the last build when the time is set correctly? Does it happen with LibreELEC 7.0.1?

You shouldn't need to set pool.ntp.org as that's already the default (0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org, 2.pool.ntp.org, 3.pool.ntp.org). If the time isn't being set then you may not have an internet connection - are you sure it's not a local network issue (are you using WiFi or wired, DHCP or static? Is a local timeserver - such as your router - being used that isn't accurate)? Try resetting your router.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-26, 02:07)Milhouse Wrote: @Kougami: see above posts. Add a comment on PR9862. Don't add a comment, don't expect a fix.

github is primarily a dev space and not intended for bug reports. use track for bug reports
(2016-05-25, 23:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 22:52)Milhouse Wrote: [*]RenderMan: Simplify late frame skipping code v2 (eaa440d9)
This is designed to improve the stall that occurs a few seconds after start of playback or seeking. Report if it helps.

Didn't fix the stutter in the birds for MMAL. OMX is way smoother.
I re-encoded birds and monsters. (Ubuntu 16.04)

Code:
ffmpeg -i input -c:v libx265 -preset ultrafast  output

It doesn't play smooth on a RPI3 (dropping/skipping frames) although CPU is < 50% for monsters.

Is that the limit for a RPI3, or is it an encoding thing, saw a smooth hobbit example.
[
(2016-05-25, 22:52)Milhouse Wrote: [*]RenderMan: Simplify late frame skipping code v2 (eaa440d9)
This is designed to improve the stall that occurs a few seconds after start of playback or seeking. Report if it helps.

Great. For the movie I always used for testing the stall happening a couple seconds after skipping a chapter is gone.
(2016-05-26, 08:40)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-05-26, 02:07)Milhouse Wrote: @Kougami: see above posts. Add a comment on PR9862. Don't add a comment, don't expect a fix.

github is primarily a dev space and not intended for bug reports. use track for bug reports
Yes, if only trac wasn't so horrible to use and (for me anyway) broken as it won't allow logins unless private browsing/incognito mode is used. However as this is part of a series of related defects I thought it might be best just to ping that PR in order to continue any investigation. I'll push people towards trac in future. Thanks.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-25, 18:22)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 15:08)drdwridav Wrote: Here goes...

http://xbmclogs.com/puwy1f8gh

This is problem:
Code:
14:01:54  71.623474 T:1572184992    INFO: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, recv returned -1. GetSockError(): 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)
14:01:54  71.623566 T:1572184992   ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

We are getting an error from network stack. Are you sure LE Jarvis is working on this stream currently?
There is always a chance that something is changed at the server end, so it's worth double checking the stream is still good.

If it does work in LE Jarvis, then it probably was working in an earlier Milhouse nightly build.
Worth testing a build from a couple of months back just to see.

Possibly LE has bumped a library which the new version is no longer supporting this stream. Narrowing down when this occurred would be helpful.

Thanks for looking into this and to jjslegacy for confirming same issue.
I can confirm the following
Libreelec 7.0.1 definitely streams absolutely fine
Doesn't work on first libreelec milhouse build so I went all the way back to 0301 openelec and that also does not work. I can't go back any earlier as I believe they don't support pi3? At least if I try to install any earlier version now I get a multi coloured screen rather than startup...not sure if that takes us anywhere forward to identifying the issue
(2016-05-26, 13:30)drdwridav Wrote: Doesn't work on first libreelec milhouse build so I went all the way back to 0301 openelec and that also does not work. I can't go back any earlier as I believe they don't support pi3? At least if I try to install any earlier version now I get a multi coloured screen rather than startup...not sure if that takes us anywhere forward to identifying the issue

OE build #0229 should work on RPi3, but builds prior to #0229 might have problems running on the Pi3, mainly because you will still have bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb in /flash which the Pi3 may try to load. If you delete /flash/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb the #0228 and earlier builds should boot OK on the Pi3 (which should behave exactly as a slightly faster RPi2, ie. no WiFi or Bluetooth).
I no longer see stalls after seeks, but that "buffering" issue, even with buffering disabled is still present. Not a request/hint to fix as it has existed for a couple releases and a bug report is in trac already.
(2016-05-25, 23:42)dantist Wrote: I had the following behavior until yesterday with Amazon Video-Streams: Stream starts, plays for a couple of seconds and then switches the TV to the target refresh rate (instead of doing this before the stream starts). After the refresh rate got adjusted the video stutters until I use the skip forward/back function one time.

I think this is an add-on issue. If you look at the codec info overlay it starts at 25fps and then updates to 23.976fps.
In Kodi the demuxer reports the framerate that is initially switched to.
This can sometimes be wrong, and so if kodi calculates a different framerate after decoding a few seconds of video, it will update this.

My guess is the amazon prime add-on(*) is reporting 25fps as the framerate, but the actual video is encoded as 23.976.
The only way to fix this is for the add-on to report the correct framerate initially.

(*) Not actually sure if it's the amazon prime add-on or the inputstream.mpd that reports the framerate. I'll ping mapfau who may know.
@dantist
mapfau would like a debug log file.
Hi @all,
I have a problem with the current build on my RPi2:
In the overview/mainmenu KODI doesn`t show the covers of the movies. I see in the subtitle : Watched: 0/85 but I don`t see the covers.
Series the same issue.
Is it normal cause its the alpha build or should I edit some settings?
Hi guys,

I can´t sign to youtube, but i can watch videos. With LibreELEC (Jarvis 16.1) v7.0.1 no problem.
What can I do, please write in simply english

sorry, my english is not so well.

kodi.log
I am not sure ,but seems in the network config (LibreELEC Config) is an "Save" button missing ?. Chance form dhcp to manual and than how i save this setting ? (with Aeon Nox & Estuary, build #521).

• 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19