Thread Closed
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
I'd rather we didn't continue the overclocking discussion here (as it can go on and on, and has nothing to do with testing these builds), however I just wanted to comment on the following:

(2016-08-07, 17:42)smp1 Wrote: over_voltage_sdram doesn't seem to do anything for stability, I think it doesn't even work on RPi3.

over_voltage_sdram sets over_voltage_sdram_p, over_voltage_sdram_i and over_voltage_sdram_c simultaneously.

over_voltage_sdram_p - sets the phystical voltage for the SDRAM
over_voltage_sdram_i - sets the voltage for SDRAM I/O
over_voltage_sdram_c - sets the voltage for the SDRAM controller

I needed to set over_voltage_sdram=5 (and sdram_schmoo=0x02000020) for a stable sdram_freq=580, so it does improve stability. Without bumping the SDRAM voltage I'd have SDRAM errors.

(2016-08-07, 17:42)smp1 Wrote: I don't see the point of OCing the sdcard.

I have a NOOBS 8GB sd card and "dtparam=sd_overclock=100" increases the sequential read performance from about 20MB/s to 42MB/s, so quite worthwhile (if your card supports it).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  Thread Closed

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.63 Average

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Milhouse - 2016-08-07, 18:22

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)4.6319