• 113(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Thank you for the quick response, is it possible to supply a link.
Struggling to find it, and the one in the repo wont download.

Edit:

I have managed to get my 3 drives to spindown after 5mins by add the following to the autostart.sh

(hdparm -S 60 /dev/sda1) &
(hdparm -S 60 /dev/sdb1) &
(hdparm -S 60 /dev/sdc1)

Maybe someone can advise if this is an OK way of doing it.

Kind regards

Bucky.. Linux noob Big Grin
Hdparm is the proper way, I see nothing wrong with your method.

Discussion like this is best suited to the proper thread.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0809: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.0 #1 Tue Aug 9 21:21:32 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 28 2016 12:46:32
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e12916091ba9d68ef2780e4e142ade56aa301754 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160809211949-#0809-gf808232 [Build #0809]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
002392.345: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (f808232f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b6f74c38, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. ffmpeg: Bump to 3.1.2-Krypton-Beta1 (6da2f5f)
  2. Added HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro driver
  3. Add automatic per-client boot/disk capability
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: delete SMK IR receiver patch (PR:618, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • RenderSystemGLES: Remove unused abs64 function (PR:10233, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: make IsCaching thread safe (PR:10263, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [depends] expat 2.2.0 (PR:10250, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • FFmpeg: Bump to 3.1.2-Krypton-Beta1 (PR:10262, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake] Update Effects11 and Build it with CMake instead VS (PR:10254, 3 commits, 36 files changed)
    • [cmake/win32] Don't find system wide installed mysqlclient on Windows (PR:10194, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • rbp: Fix up settings group for supportmvc (a37610e8)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • RenderSystemGLES: Remove unused abs64 function (a18a952e)
  4. kernel 4.7.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • Added HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro driver (3aee9848)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • bcm2708_fb: Default framebuffer to 32-bit (a5e30abb)
      • fix auto-sense in lirc_rpi driver (02e82776)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: ffmpeg: Bump to 3.1.2-Krypton-Beta1 (6da2f5f)
    • Added: [env] patch: init: mount per-client boot/disk if available & configured
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
hello,

after buffering and stutter with BD50 files over smb only with raspbery pi3,

popcornmix tested this and wrote:

"It looks like "smsc95xx.turbo_mode=Y smsc95xx.packetsize=2560" does work for me."

Well - works also fine for me with #0807 build - can switch my router from 100Mb/s to 1Gb/s on the fly with working pi3.
No stuttering.

Thx also @ logan893 for his useful info.

(pi2 do not need this in config.)
Does this still show up as Openelec under a windows based network or is there a way to find it as Libraelec?
Small issue as I find these builds terrific. On pi3 with Samsung tv, when I exit a 3D film (with setting to disable 3D) kodi reverts to 2D as expected but my tv stays in 3D mode - leaving a garbled split image on screen. Start a 2d programme and all is fine. This has always happened for me on milhouse builds so not a new thing to a specfic build. It hasn't really bothered me until I tried the alpha builds 7.9.3 and 7.9.4 and found that these do switch my to back to 2d correctly (but those builds aren't as good for me in so many other ways)!
Is anyone else experiencing this? Are there any changes I could try as there is obviously something different about how these builds exit 3D films despite identical settings. Happy to post a debug log if this is something that can be debugged!!!
Everything else is perfect :-)
(2016-08-10, 12:58)drdwridav Wrote: Small issue as I find these builds terrific. On pi3 with Samsung tv, when I exit a 3D film (with setting to disable 3D) kodi reverts to 2D as expected but my tv stays in 3D mode - leaving a garbled split image on screen.

Can you report output of "tvservice -s" both whilst playing the 3D file and after stopping?
(2016-08-10, 13:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 12:58)drdwridav Wrote: Small issue as I find these builds terrific. On pi3 with Samsung tv, when I exit a 3D film (with setting to disable 3D) kodi reverts to 2D as expected but my tv stays in 3D mode - leaving a garbled split image on screen.

Can you report output of "tvservice -s" both whilst playing the 3D file and after stopping?

Looks fine
Hdmi Cea (32) 3D FP RGB lim 16:9, 1920x1080 @ 23.98hz, progressive during film
Hdmi Cea (16) RGB lim 16:9, 1920x1080 @ 60.00hz, progressive after stopping
(2016-08-10, 13:17)drdwridav Wrote: Looks fine
Hdmi Cea (32) 3D FP RGB lim 16:9, 1920x1080 @ 23.98hz, progressive during film
Hdmi Cea (16) RGB lim 16:9, 1920x1080 @ 60.00hz, progressive after stopping

Can you confirm the same result with libreelec 7.9.4? (I suspect it will be the same, but a difference may be interesting).

Can you try swapping the gpu firmware (start.elf/fixup.dat) between the Milhouse build and libreelec 7.9.4 and check if there is any change?
(again I don't think so, but that would rule out the firmware being involved).
Tvservice -S exactly the same
No change with the firmware swap.
Hope this is narrowing things down!
(2016-08-10, 15:55)drdwridav Wrote: Tvservice -S exactly the same
No change with the firmware swap.
Hope this is narrowing things down!

There is a problem in the HDMI spec.
To enable a 3D mode, you signal it in the AVInfoframe (out-of-band data transmitting during blanking periods).
The HDMI 1.3 spec didn't clearly specify how you switch out of the 3D mode.
The obvious interpretation is to say if 3D signalling is present then switch to 3D mode (if you are not in 3D mode) and if 3D signalling is absent switch to 2D mode (if you are not in 2D mode).

That has been clarified in the HDMI 1.4 spec to behave that way.

But I have heard of a few displays that don't switch out of 3D mode when the 3D signalling is removed. This is really a flaw in the display as 99% of displays do behave sanely.

But if you say your TV does behave as desired with LE 7.9.4 then there probably is some change we can make to fix it. Finding it may be tricky.

A debug log (wiki) from both Milhouse build and LE 7.9.4 would be the next step.

I think there is something a little ugly in the way kodi switches to 3D mode where it first switch to correct refresh then switches to 3D mode (see here).

I'd be interested to see if that sequence is different (or perhaps timing is different) between the two builds.
Thanks popcornmix.
I had like you say always presumed it was a tv issue and hadn't reported it previously therefore. Until I saw 7.9.4 doing it properly!
I will post debug logs as soon as poss
Hello,
since long time ago - unfortunately I cannot tell since which build exactly, but at least the beginning of this year - I've been experiencing kodi crashes (+ subsequent rebooting) when opening audio streams. I'm using the radiotunes addon together with Yatse from several Android devices to run the streams. Usually, when kodi was idle for hours, it crashes immediately after opening a second stream righter after the first one.
Here are two debug logs, which should capture a freshly booted milhouse libreelec build #0806 on a RPi2 including the crash right after the reboot:

kodi.old.log http://pastebin.com/DVedCaYn

kodi_crashlog_20160810180958.log http://pastebin.com/4FBzUrqu

If you need any further infos just ask. Hope someone can fix this (if it's related to libreelec at all). Thanks a lot!
Hello,
I am trying to get sandmann79's amazon prime addon working - no success
I installed libreelec 7.0.2 for RPi2 as well as the Milhouse alpha #0807 and the getwidevine.sh

The addon is firstly working perfectly (navigation - Films, TV Series, Watchlist). Unfortunately I did not manged watching any stream. I always receive an error message that at least one error occured - for details see log file
log file

Can anybody help me? I am a Pi-Noob.

Thank you in advance
HiHiMan

@ ADMIN: Sorry, if this is not the correct support thread please feel to move this post to the correct area
(2016-08-10, 05:21)nb2a Wrote: Does this still show up as Openelec under a windows based network or is there a way to find it as Libraelec?

It will show up using whatever hostname you set for the device. If you've come from a legacy OpenELEC installation where you accepted the default "OpenELEC" hostname then that's how your upgraded LibreELEC installation will continue to appear, until you change the hostname in the Settings add-on.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19