• 153(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-09-20, 00:36)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-20, 00:30)mezo Wrote: same here with dvb-s + vdr. also i dont see my backend anymore in systeminfo. its just empty.

"anymore" - since when? When did it last appear (which build)?
libreelec 7.0.2 official
(2016-08-01, 00:07)smp1 Wrote: I noticed that Kodi crash frequently when the DVB dongle gets a weak signal from a satellite dish due to bad weather. Tonight there was a big thunderstorm and Kodi crashed again.
This issue still remains. Frequent DVB stream disruption = Kodi crash.

Tonight it crashed with no crash log, here's a journalctl log: http://sprunge.us/HfBU
(2016-09-20, 15:55)smp1 Wrote: This issue still remains. Frequent DVB stream disruption = Kodi crash.

Tonight it crashed with no crash log, here's a journalctl log: http://sprunge.us/HfBU

It's an out-of-memory issue. It's not obvious if it is tvheadend or kodi that is leaking.
Do you have the corresponding kodi.log?
Does a recording containing poor signal stream also crash in the same way?
Do any settings changes avoid the problem? E.g.
Disable atempo resampling (set threshold to 100)
Switch between omxplayer and mmal?
Switch GPU resampling to medium.
(2016-09-20, 16:06)popcornmix Wrote: Do you have the corresponding kodi.log?
http://sprunge.us/GaKT
Quote:Does a recording containing poor signal stream also crash in the same way?
I never tried to record when the signal was poor, so I'll have to get back to you with that.
Quote:Do any settings changes avoid the problem? E.g.
Disable atempo resampling (set threshold to 100)
Switch between omxplayer and mmal?
Switch GPU resampling to medium.
I always use mmal, the atempo threshold was already set to 100, resampling set to "Low".
Those crashes are too rare for me to test with different settings. I will have to mess around with the signal myself I guess.
Maybe unplugging the satalite dish while watching, may help replicate the weak single for testing.
I'll try to find a way to reproduce the crash easily. But what else should I do to help fixing this? Enable debug logging when the signal is weak?
(2016-09-20, 20:26)smp1 Wrote: I'll try to find a way to reproduce the crash easily. But what else should I do to help fixing this? Enable debug logging when the signal is weak?

See if you can make it occur more quickly as bmonster says, loosening the cable to force more errors in the stream may make it crash more quickly.
Once it occurs more quickly, then finding any settings changes that avoid the problem would help narrow it down.
If you can make a recording that includes whatever stream errors that cause the problem, then that can be debugged.

A debug log may help (depending on what it contains), but unless it occurs very reliably I'm not sure it will help.
Something that was clearly unexpected occurring would probably show in the non-debug log.
(2016-09-20, 02:54)smp1 Wrote: @popcornmix
I noticed that some DVDs now default to "Bob" deinterlace instead of "Advanced" and there is no way to change the deinterlace method manually (during the playback of those DVDs) - it always stays at "bob x2".

That is by design. Advanced deinterlace uses 3 input frames to produce an output frame. Bob only uses one.
Using advanced deinterlace on DVD menus, which may just contain a single frame of video was the cause of the menuing bug reported earlier.

So during DVD menus we force Bob deinterlace.

Normally when you switch from menus to the main feature on a DVD, the stream is restarted without the "menu" flag and we enable advanced deinterlace.
But on the sample you provided the menu just continues seamlessly into the feature so we never switch back.

How common is this behaviour? Does it occur on any mainstream films?
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0920: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.7.4 #1 Tue Sep 20 21:11:45 BST 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Sep 14 2016 20:00:33
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version efa16f891edfcb0ba1aae15be195ad9d8b38d6be (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160920211046-#0920-g631bb96 [Build #0920]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK

# Kernel device tree status: DISABLED

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (631bb961, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (efce317d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. VideoPlayer exceptional keyframe fix
  2. libnfs updates
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • kodi: post beta2 patches, crash and mem leak fixes (PR:756, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • init: pre-create /dev/console (PR:751, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
    • Cleanup advanced settings in WeTek projects (#755) (f8f514b4)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR][guiinfo] Optimize implementation of System.HasPVRAddon. Also fixes possible deadlock on PVR startup. (PR:10506, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: allow deinterlacing methods specific to renderer (PR:10493, 4 commits, 12 files changed)
    • kodi.guilib: fix version in generated addon.xml (PR:10517, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • drop some unneeded ifdefs related to ffmpeg (PR:10514, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [python] fix dialog documentation (PR:10511, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: handle exceptional case where distance between keyframes… (PR:10516, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [win32] fix appx manifest Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 dependency (efce317d)
  3. libnfs:
    • Added the ability to bind to a specific interface with the (5f75307a)
    • Conditionally include unistd.h from libnfs-zdr.c a some platforms lack this header (b0c3cb34)
  4. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fixup! MMAL: Indicate when picture came from still frame so advanced deinterlace can be disabled (e29f13c1)
    • Updated commits in this build:
      • Revert "mmalrender: Disable deinterlace when no interlaced frames seen" (02eb382c => 68bc9b11)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: allow deinterlacing methods specific to renderer (59047286)
      • update dxva related strings. (fcc98a43)
      • Added DXVA deinterlacing for SW decoding and DXVA rendering. (c4eb95a9)
      • DXVA: Changed deinterlacing method to DXVA instead of Auto. Auto confuses users. (abed03fc)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello,

Since #902 dts and ac3 sound don't work with a Hifiberry Amp+ and RPI3, only mp3 is working (web radio).
Sound it's ok for both if I select hdmi audio output.

Hifiberry Amp+ work great until #901. I have the same bugs with #916.
(2016-09-20, 22:18)popcornmix Wrote: How common is this behaviour? Does it occur on any mainstream films?
The mainstream DVDs are fine, I noticed it only with Elvira's Movie Macabre DVDs.

Those Elvira DVDs were always problematic. With earlier Milhouse Krypton builds (from a few months ago) - when I started the movie from the DVD menu - the deinterlacing didn't work at all, however if I press the "Menu" button and go back to the DVD menu and then start the movie again - the deinterlacing started to work (in Advanced x2 mode).
MMAL picture still stops randomly. Not freezing completely like before just randomly stops for a few seconds. Will investigate a bit further.
My jerky playback issue is better with #0919, no noted issues with omx player, but mmal seems to jump every few seconds, like it's discarding frames, but it's a steady thing, not the apparently random jerkiness I was seeing before.

However, audio sync is essentially non-existent. Audio is running 1-2 seconds behind video as near as I can tell.

Back on #0531 for me, for now.

??
(2016-09-18, 23:11)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-18, 22:44)*Spider* Wrote: After a substantial amount of testing, I have concluded that this RTL8192EU works perfectly with OPENELEC 603 on a Pi 0 and not on a later version.
How can I help you to get this working with your September nightly builds? It only sees one wifi network (mine) instead of the neighborhoods around me and it constantly fails to connect to my router.
On OpenELEC it sees all of my neighbors routers.
What files do you want from OpenELEC 603 To help you resolve this problem?

Here's the version history for the RTL8192EU driver:
https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...package.mk

You could also test with LibreELEC 7.0.2 and, if you experience the same problems, then I'd advise you to report it on the LibreELEC forum as it's not an issue caused by any new code being tested in these builds (this thread is not here to fix each and every bug in LibreELEC).
LibreELEC 7.0.2 works fine for me. Thanks for the info.
(2016-09-21, 02:42)mikeb8591 Wrote: My jerky playback issue is better with #0919, no noted issues with omx player, but mmal seems to jump every few seconds, like it's discarding frames, but it's a steady thing, not the apparently random jerkiness I was seeing before.

Can you provide a sample file that shows the issue? E.g. record couple of minutes of TV check it shows the problem and upload to a hosting site (e.g. google drive or dropbox).
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19