• 176(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-10-22, 03:28)nb2a Wrote:
(2016-10-22, 01:02)bmonster Wrote:
(2016-10-21, 23:43)nb2a Wrote: Does anyone know if an update addon has ever been brought back to do updates for this please?
The built in updater works fine, can be done manually or automatically.

I have no idea how to get to these settings but thank you.
Thought I would have a quick look at the latest LibreELEC "built in features" for installing the nightly builds :-

Settings

LibreELEC

System
  • Where you can enable Show Custom Channels option then enter required information for Custom Channel(s) and Update Channel
  • Then can check on available Versions.
  • Note: Automatic Updates set to manual (To manually control when build updates are installed)

Select a build version from List (The Latest or step back and through earlier builds to re-instal as/if required)

Yes/No to commence the selected build installation etc

Thanks to milhouse & LibreELEC team CoolCool
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Yes, it works fine since build #0612, sometimes new builds are not shown, then you have to refresh the link "http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/master/RPi2".
[3x RPi3]#[ AV Receiver - Marantz NR1506 ]#[ TV Panasonic TX-50EXW784 ]#[ NAS - OMV 4.1.xx (Arrakis) @ NanoPI M4 ]#[ Nextcloud 17.0.3 @ ODROID C2 ]
(2016-10-22, 10:47)DaveBlake Wrote: I know partial logs are a frustration, but this really does have the essentails in it. Hope it reveals something useful?

Yes, it is something unexpected so probably is useful. I'd need a fuller log with "Video" enabled in the component specific debugging to understand more.
At least that message is something to search for in future logs.

Do you feel this issue happens with certain files and not with others?
If so, then getting a sample file to me would be useful. If I can reproduce the issue, then fixing it becomes a lot more likely.
(2016-10-22, 15:25)nb2a Wrote: Can you please direct me to more info as to how to find the settings to do this please?

Did you not read MikeKL's post 3 posts up?
(2016-10-22, 15:25)nb2a Wrote: Can you please direct me to more info as to how to find the settings to do this please?
Just look a couple of posts above your last post for screen capture walkthrough?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2441661
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Found it when I went to manual now I see the channel option. Thanks again and sorry to bother.
(2016-10-22, 12:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-10-22, 10:47)DaveBlake Wrote: I know partial logs are a frustration, but this really does have the essentails in it. Hope it reveals something useful?

Yes, it is something unexpected so probably is useful. I'd need a fuller log with "Video" enabled in the component specific debugging to understand more.
At least that message is something to search for in future logs.

Do you feel this issue happens with certain files and not with others?
If so, then getting a sample file to me would be useful. If I can reproduce the issue, then fixing it becomes a lot more likely.
OK, I'll reboot and enable video component logging tonight. I'll leave CEC debug on too as it makes an easy way for me to mark the logs when a stutter happens (I can get Mrs B to press pause just after).

I don't think it is file specific, but I am happy to get a file to you if that will help. The family has been playing through a season of episodes of "Bones", so they are all from the same source. But replay the same section and it is fine.

Thanks for looking at this.
(2016-10-22, 15:43)nb2a Wrote: Even though I have the the latest build when I look under the settings you sent Mike I do not have the option under auto updates to enter a custom channel. Sorry for the bother but thanks for the replies.
Can you see the Show Custom Channels option, you enable option to see custom channels etc.
(2016-10-22, 15:44)DaveBlake Wrote: OK, I'll reboot and enable video component logging tonight. I'll leave CEC debug on too as it makes an easy way for me to mark the logs when a stutter happens (I can get Mrs B to press pause just after).
CEC debugging is not required for that. The "OnKey" message appears with standard debug.

(2016-10-22, 15:44)DaveBlake Wrote: I don't think it is file specific, but I am happy to get a file to you if that will help. The family has been playing through a season of episodes of "Bones", so they are all from the same source. But replay the same section and it is fine.

But if you just play the video file from start to end would you expect to typically get a "CMMALVideo::GetPicture - called but m_output_ready is empty" error?
If so, then it's worth getting me a file and I'll see if I can reproduce.
(2016-10-22, 16:46)popcornmix Wrote: But if you just play the video file from start to end would you expect to typically get a "CMMALVideo::GetPicture - called but m_output_ready is empty" error?
If so, then it's worth getting me a file and I'll see if I can reproduce.
I have no idea, never had any stutter in v15 (was the family version), video was always perfect so never had to debug video before. I'll test tonight, video debug on and PPL adjust disabled, and provide the file I play if there is an issue.
(2016-10-22, 01:10)mark_dj Wrote: Quick question: is there any way to disable the messages to 'keep or remove add-ons' after cleaning the library. I get the message EVERY time it cleans the library (which happens after adding, changing or removing content).
Your question, reminded me to query about this recent/new "clean" GUI message option and what is exactly happening behind scenes with installed video addons when we select KEEP or REMOVE option.

I assume REMOVE is removing outdated URL links to previously streamed Video catch-up and related thumbnails, but have noted that this can have an unexpected Blush result i.e. removing watch status "ticks" of previously streamed episode items, when going to look for latest episodes of a popular series. (In my case when using plugin.video.itv addon)

---edit---Running a video clean with KEEP and REMOVE option either keeps or removes add-on watch status (to be expected when I tested and thought about it more, sorry for noise in thread)
Hi Folks,

i tried to activate lirc on this LibreELEC with no luck.
Setup:
- Same result with Beta3 (201608something) and Beta4 (20161021)
- Berryboot as bootloader (because its RetroPI on the other side)
- TSOP4838 on GPIO17 (electical input is fine, check with oszi)
- /flash/config.txt -> dtoverlay=lirc-rpi
- /storage/.config/lircd.conf (for a samsung remote, setup works on raspbian)

But there is no message with "dmesg | grep lirc".

Output of "ps | grep lirc":
276 root 0:00 /usr/sbin/eventlircd -f --evmap=/etc/eventlircd.d --socket=/run/lirc/lircd --release=_UP
563 root 0:00 {kodi.sh} /bin/sh /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.sh --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
575 root 2:49 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd
1633 root 0:00 grep lirc

With "irw" there is no output too.

Whats wrong or missing in my setup?
Did anyone experience the "phantom" key presses with those builds? Yesterday when I watched a movie the sound went mute (an icon appeared in the corner of the screen indicating that the mute button was pressed). I didn't press any buttons, the mute button isn't even mapped for my remote. I had to unmute it by connecting the keyboard to the Rpi3.
(2016-10-22, 01:10)mark_dj Wrote: Quick question: is there any way to disable the messages to 'keep or remove add-ons' after cleaning the library. I get the message EVERY time it cleans the library (which happens after adding, changing or removing content).

Yes, hide updates - that's currently the only way.

(2016-10-22, 18:50)MikeKL Wrote: Your question, reminded me to query about this recent/new "clean" GUI message option and what is exactly happening behind scenes with installed video addons when we select KEEP or REMOVE option.

I assume REMOVE is removing outdated URL links to previously streamed Video catch-up and related thumbnails, but have noted that this can have an unexpected Blush result i.e. removing watch status "ticks" of previously streamed episode items, when going to look for latest episodes of a popular series. (In my case when using plugin.video.itv addon)

@popcornmix, this is behaviour introduced by a newclock5 patch: https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...d7a33b4cb5

(At the very least label 15010 probably now needs to be 15012)

It seems to be removing "optical, non-existing files, files with no matching source" but the "... items from addons?" prompt is a little confusing.

Are there any plans for this to go upstream (I couldn't find any related PR), if not should it be dropped?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-10-22, 19:10)thekk Wrote: Whats wrong or missing in my setup?

Can you run:
Code:
cat /flash/config.txt | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit
vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | pastebinit
and paste the links.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 176(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19