• 196(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-11-14, 00:58)bill_orange Wrote: Your screen looks very much like mine with only incidental differences. I am not running a static IP. I seems to be that is unlikely to be the problem since I can connect, and play KODI remotely through the web interface. The only problem is having sound come out the local device (stream) from Kodi remotely.

I strikes me as unlikely to be the Choir front end or the browser since I am seeing the same behavior in Yatse.

Here is a log file.

http://sprunge.us/eYTj

Maybe there's a problem accessing local content via the virtual file system (vfs). Could you try some old builds to see if this is a recently introduced problem. If older builds behave differently (ie. they work) then identifying the first non-working build would be the next step.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
3D ISO Frame Packing is working now with #1113. Thanks guys.
Hello all,

I've got freeze playing 3D ISO with #1113. I tried to switch on again OMXPlayer i(t was switched off since 1008 I think, for my side), but no change.

Unfortunately, I can't see anything in the log : http://sprunge.us/MEeM but perhaps i'm looking for the wrong things ?

During this log, I had freeze juste before stop playing.

Do you have any idea ? Thank you.
(2016-11-14, 02:36)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 00:58)bill_orange Wrote: Your screen looks very much like mine with only incidental differences. I am not running a static IP. I seems to be that is unlikely to be the problem since I can connect, and play KODI remotely through the web interface. The only problem is having sound come out the local device (stream) from Kodi remotely.

I strikes me as unlikely to be the Choir front end or the browser since I am seeing the same behavior in Yatse.

Here is a log file.

http://sprunge.us/eYTj

Maybe there's a problem accessing local content via the virtual file system (vfs). Could you try some old builds to see if this is a recently introduced problem. If older builds behave differently (ie. they work) then identifying the first non-working build would be the next step.

Well that went badly. I tried to go back to the first build in the update list and it crashed KODI. I tried to go back even further to #0202 and it crashed the OS (rainbow screen only). Right now I am loading the 7.0.2 release to get up and running again. I am not sure this feature ever worked. I looked in the Chorus git and there were problems all the way back in 2014 / 2015. https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/116

They seemed to confirm your suspicion that it is a malformed link into the virtual file system.

**edit**

7.0.2 exhibits the same behavior. On another forum a KODI 16.1 user reported the same problem. I don't see any practical way to regress far enough back to find out if this a problem from the beginning or just something really old. If necessary can you suggest a way to regress to 2014 or before?
(2016-11-14, 15:02)Sinisan Wrote: Hello all,

I've got freeze playing 3D ISO with #1113. I tried to switch on again OMXPlayer i(t was switched off since 1008 I think, for my side), but no change.

Unfortunately, I can't see anything in the log : http://sprunge.us/MEeM but perhaps i'm looking for the wrong things ?

During this log, I had freeze juste before stop playing.

Do you have any idea ? Thank you.

What type of freeze are you getting? Is is buffering, stopping for a bit? Is the system locking up with no go afterwords requiring reboot?
Short pauses and buffering is most likely from network / hard drive issue. 3D ISO is very data demanding. Any network glitch or NAS updating, rechecking database will cause this issue.
(2016-11-14, 20:11)3DBuff Wrote: What type of freeze are you getting? Is is buffering, stopping for a bit? Is the system locking up with no go afterwords requiring reboot?
Short pauses and buffering is most likely from network / hard drive issue. 3D ISO is very data demanding. Any network glitch or NAS updating, rechecking database will cause this issue.

Hello 3DBuff,

Yes, it looks like it's buffering (please forgive me, I had should explain that). No reboot needed : it freezes for a few seconds, and then goes. If I go back, and then reply the scene, it will not freeze again at the same time, or yes, no rule.

You're probably right about the network / hard drive issue, but :
- My NAS is double-linked with two gigabytes category 6 network cables, and those links and the raspberry are linked thru a gigabyte managed switch. The two NAS ports are linked together using LACP (802.3ad) aggregation.
- I have no problem with other discs. Perhaps a specific thing : i'll check this iso.
- why Kodi doesn't display "Buffering" as it can does sometime ?
- how could I be sure ? can I build a specific log ?
- ...how can I solve that ? Smile
(2016-11-14, 20:31)Sinisan Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 20:11)3DBuff Wrote: What type of freeze are you getting? Is is buffering, stopping for a bit? Is the system locking up with no go afterwords requiring reboot?

Hello 3DBuff,

Yes, it looks like it's buffering (please forgive me, I had should explain that). No reboot needed : it freezes for a few seconds, and then goes. If I go back, and then reply the scene, it will not freeze again at the same time, or yes, no rule.

You're probably right about the network / hard drive issue, but :
- My NAS is double-linked with two gigabytes category 6 network cables, and those links and the raspberry are linked thru a gigabyte managed switch. The two NAS ports are linked together using LACP (802.3ad) aggregation.
- I have no problem with other discs. Perhaps a specific thing : i'll check this iso.
- why Kodi doesn't display "Buffering" as it can does sometime ?
- how could I be sure ? can I build a specific log ?
- ...how can I solve that ? Smile

First think is to make sure you are not on WiFi connection at the end to the RPi. When you do have a Lan cable going to the RPi then you could stick this wire into laptop and copy questionable ISO file to your local hard drive. Your connection should be 100Mb just like a RPi (make adjustment in the network card if you have 1Gb laptop card) and check your network speed. Win 10 will give you a nice graph. If your network is up to snuff than you should see around 10 Megabytes per second steady stream. Anything 5 MBps or less you have an issue.
(2016-11-12, 00:45)wizzard72 Wrote: Popcornmix, thank you for your fast responce.

(2016-11-11, 19:20)popcornmix Wrote: Are you using an AVR? Pi <-hdmi-> AVR <-hdmi-> TV or some other configuration?

It's exactly like that: PI --> AVR --> TV

(2016-11-11, 19:20)popcornmix Wrote: Can you report output of:
Code:
tvservice -s
tvserice -n
when audio is working and not working?

Good:

LibreELEC:~ # tvservice -s
state 0x12000a [HDMI CEA (16) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive

LibreELEC:~ # tvservice -n
device_name=ONK-TX-SR707

Error:

LibreELEC:~ # tvservice -s
state 0x12000a [HDMI CEA (16) RGB lim 16:9], 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz, progressive

LibreELEC:~ # tvservice -n
device_name=ONK-TX-SR707

The tvservice -a now shows (no audio):
LibreELEC:~ # tvservice -a
PCM supported: Max channels: 2, Max samplerate: 48kHz, Max samplesize 24 bits.

(2016-11-11, 19:20)popcornmix Wrote: It is possible that following this scheme: http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#T...d_on_first
making sure audio is working when you capture the EDID will result in a permanent fix.

I followed the steps in the wiki, but it didn't work. The TV is powered on as first, second the AVR and at last the raspberry pi. There is 5 seconds between the devices when powering on.

The strange think is that I have to power off the devices for 30 minutes before the audio over HDMI doesn't work anymore. If it's less than 30 minutes the audio over HDMI is working. I power off everything when I stop watching TV.
I found the problem. The HDMI board inside the AVR is the defect. Sometimes it detects the speakers and then I have audio, and sometime it doesn't. It's a well known problem with Onkyo amps.

Thanks for your help trying to resolve this.
(2016-10-24, 23:21)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-10-21, 23:51)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-10-14, 07:33)MikeKL Wrote: kodi crash after 1st boot of #1013 Kodi crash debug log
kodi always appears to crash at point when performing 1st PVR channel & epg re-fresh.
(Estuary top right hand corner of GUI revolving timer pauses/stops in mid refresh then crash)
kodi crash after 1st boot of #1021 Kodi crash debug log
kodi crash after 1st boot of #1024, Kodi crash debug log
Kodi crash after 1st boot of #1113, Kodi crash debug log

Ref "ERROR: SQL: [TV29.db] SQL error or missing database" in log

"rm -f /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/TV29.db" has been commented out of my autostart.sh for almost all build install/boots since #1024 with no 1st boot crash issues. (Thought Improved stablity at 1st boot might be due to recent PVR epg fixes)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #1114: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.8.7 #1 Tue Nov 15 02:22:59 GMT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Nov 14 2016 16:19:30
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 4a839311e7b5fc3422a8e6a8623b30b52891e0ea (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20161115022155-#1114-g055384b [Build #1114]

# Kodi version
(17.0-BETA6 Git:f9d600a). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (055384be, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f9d600a3, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. Add ioctl for reading gpu memory through dma
  3. (Clean build)
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Nov 14):
    • next: Update to latest master commits (link)
      • firmware: logging: Fix issue when logging end is at 1G part 2
      • firmware: arm_loader: Ensure mbox failure paths return failure
      • firmware: arm_loader: Add options for setting shared buffers from kernel driver
      • firmware: vcdbg: Use dma driver to access gpu memory
      • firmware: dispmanx: Support framebuffer_aspect=-1 for ignore aspect ratio (See: #638)
      • firmware: Raspistill: Only fail setting restart int if not 0
      • firmware: RaspiVid: -sg option could try opening null file
      • firmware: RaspiVid: Segment PTS file too if set See: raspberrypi/userland#354
      • firmware: RaspiVid: Add raw (YUV420, RGB or grayscale) video output See: raspberrypi/userland#342
  2. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: update to linux-4.8.7 (PR:931, 4 commits, 31 files changed)
  3. XBMC:
    • Fix unable to open controller dialog if all controllers are unplugged (PR:10923, 3 commits, 9 files changed)
    • workaround for addon installer deadlocks (PR:10807, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Remove duplicate saving of album type to xml (PR:10928, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cec] fixed: windows expects cec.dll now instead of libcec.dll (e9c91bf5)
  4. libcec:
    • [debian] rename libcec-dev.install -> debian/libcec4-dev.install afte… (PR:268, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • bump debian package version (209884d6)
  5. peripheral.joystick:
    • Revert "Fix add-on button map overriding user button map" (d3bcaaa0)
    • Fixed: only load ignored primitives from the highest priority database (94e81ad0)
  6. pvr.vbox:
    • Fix of crash caused by SignalStatus requests. Added caching (PR:151, 5 commits, 3 files changed)
    • Bypass DB version check when manually syncing EPG (PR:152, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fixed crash due to channels with empty name (PR:153, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  7. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • mvc: squash: report true for SupportsExtention pt 2 (4114216d)
      • Remove the "avoid clipping" replay gain setting (40426def)
      • MMALCodec: Take more care with the output lock mutex (5bb17fa5)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • mvc: test: report true for SupportsExtention (5c2862ac)
  8. kernel 4.8.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • bcm2708_fb: Add ioctl for reading gpu memory through dma (d835ac46)
      • rpi-ft5406: Create coherent buffer and push to firmware (b4cd4012)
      • brcmvirt_gpio: Create coherent buffer and push to firmware (c17d6ece)
      • fixup! brcmvirt_gpio: Create coherent buffer and push to firmware (86f35ff6)
      • fixup! rpi-ft5406: Create coherent buffer and push to firmware (8449d49b)
      • fb: Add missing include (56bc3994)
      • fixup: Add to right file (87720689)
      • fixup: Use basic types as this may be used from user code (63baed03)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-11-12, 19:03)Vimes Wrote: I too have been trying to find something repeatable, like you note. As yet I haven't been able to. Last night it happened, the video paused for a few seconds and the audio continued and then the video starts starts back up, jumping to be in sync with the sound.
For ages I thought that it was kinda unique to my system as I searched for "pauses" and not "stutter". I'm not drawing comfort that others can be affected but perhaps that might increase the chances of one of us capturing a meaningful log for the Devs to look at.

Dave's issue involved a:
"ERROR: CMMALVideo::GetPicture - called but m_output_ready is empty"
in kodi.log - does yours?

I've had a closer look at the code around there and have tweaked something that looked suspicious.
As I can't reproduce on demand it's hard to say if it has helped, but let me know if you think latest build is any better.
(2016-11-14, 23:08)3DBuff Wrote: First think is to make sure you are not on WiFi connection at the end to the RPi. When you do have a Lan cable going to the RPi then you could stick this wire into laptop and copy questionable ISO file to your local hard drive. Your connection should be 100Mb just like a RPi (make adjustment in the network card if you have 1Gb laptop card) and check your network speed. Win 10 will give you a nice graph. If your network is up to snuff than you should see around 10 Megabytes per second steady stream. Anything 5 MBps or less you have an issue.

Hello 3DBuff,

Thank for your help. What you say looks a good idea, I'll check that (except my connection isn't SMB, and I don't have any Windows laptot, but anyway, i'll find a way to check NAS read thru network Smile).

Indeed, is it normal to don't see any message regarding buffering in the log ?

Thank you Smile
@Milhouse can you kindly add https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.filmon/pull/56 to tonight's build.
(2016-11-15, 13:49)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-11-12, 19:03)Vimes Wrote: I too have been trying to find something repeatable, like you note. As yet I haven't been able to. Last night it happened, the video paused for a few seconds and the audio continued and then the video starts starts back up, jumping to be in sync with the sound.
For ages I thought that it was kinda unique to my system as I searched for "pauses" and not "stutter". I'm not drawing comfort that others can be affected but perhaps that might increase the chances of one of us capturing a meaningful log for the Devs to look at.

Dave's issue involved a:
"ERROR: CMMALVideo::GetPicture - called but m_output_ready is empty"
in kodi.log - does yours?

I've had a closer look at the code around there and have tweaked something that looked suspicious.
As I can't reproduce on demand it's hard to say if it has helped, but let me know if you think latest build is any better.

I have just checked my kodi.log for that output and sadly, or not, No it doesn't contain that line.

It did it again last night, again randomly, with a three seconds video pause whilst the sound continued as normal and then the video jumped forward to be in sync with the sound.

I'll update to the latest version and then comment if it happens again.

I appreciate the consideration given to this and I'm sorry for not being less vague.
Hi guys,

I'm running the DVBlink client and I'm finding that when I start live TV (from guide, last viewed or channel list), it begins to start the TV channel but freezes. This only happens after the RPI has been left unused for several hours (typically overnight).

The TV is getting turned off, but the PI is still running in the background - any ideas?

Solo
  • 196(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19