• 34(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-18, 04:02)smitopher Wrote: LE 7.0 runs pretty much fine.

Recent Millhouse LE builds can't run at all.

I surmise that this is due to Linux kernel issues with the Braswell CPU, of which needs to be fixed upstream of LE.

@fritsch, you suggest adding my logs to an open desktop issue?

[ 91.334025] [drm] stuck on bsd ring
[ 91.340486] [drm] GPU HANG: ecode 8:2:0xfffffffe, in VideoPlayer [743], reason: Ring hung, action: reset
[ 91.340489] [drm] GPU hangs can indicate a bug anywhere in the entire gfx stack, including userspace.
[ 91.340491] [drm] Please file a _new_ bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org against DRI -> DRM/Intel
[ 91.340493] [drm] drm/i915 developers can then reassign to the right component if it's not a kernel issue.
[ 91.340495] [drm] The gpu crash dump is required to analyze gpu hangs, so please always attach it.
[ 91.340497] [drm] GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card0/error

Does the gpu dump get included in the logs I posted?

Yeah - just bump the bugreport and add another trace.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here:

Quote:09:48 < vsyrjala> fritsch: someone else reported the bsw vs 4.6 issue too.
we'll just need to revert the irq loop elimination which
shouldn't have ended up in 4.6

^^ I am confident that 4.6.1 will have that solved.

@Milhouse: I pinged you on slack, here is the kernel patch: http://sprunge.us/IOWj
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
awesome

thank you @fritsch and @Milhouse for your hard work
(2016-05-17, 16:46)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 15:25)diddle Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 15:06)fritsch Wrote: It seems kernel 4.6 is running really, really bad. Upgraded my Thinkpad T440s yesterday and even have screen flickering there ... it sucks hard, so I went back to 4.5.x. But more than filing bugs is not possible for us :-(

Don't know the LE guide lines here... but why not simply wait until severe show stoppers are fixed before adopting a new kernel (instead of always being on the bleeding edge)?

Cause you guys _find_ those show stoppers and then we can file bug reports. Kodi is a very special use case with immense pressure on hardware and drivers. We cannot rely on others to make this testing. The bugreports that came out of this thread had a very high value for now. Bugs are filed. That's the way OSS development works.

Updated logs with 4.6 (dmesg with drm.debug=0xe) on the bugtracker are still welcome to bump the bugs filed.

My proposal would be more like: try to be bleeding edge, and after identifying a severe showstopper, file a bug report upstream and revert to last known good version until the the bug gets fixed. In this case I guess many Intel users stopped testing, because these builds rendered being unusable for them.

But of course, you get more bug reports with the current procedure. Understood and taken. Big Grin

Thanks for all your work and efforts.

Diddle
great news Smile

now we have to wait for Libreelec with 4.6.1 kernel Smile
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
(2016-05-18, 14:26)sunnyfunny Wrote: great news Smile

now we have to wait for Libreelec with 4.6.1 kernel Smile

or Milhouse's next nightly, which will likely have the patch/fix that fritsch linked above
(2016-05-17, 21:16)walkerx Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 22:37)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 20:32)walkerx Wrote: It's not disabled - on the menu screens it is set as enabled

quick video showing what happens and confirmation that VAAPI enabled

http://sendvid.com/nqu01uux

Then you have Deinterlaced forced to On and chosen "Deinterlace" method, which will bypass gpu post processing, copy all the stuff to memory and deinterlace in there. That makes only sense for interlaced content. This setting should never be set to "On".

done some further testing - if i set the de-interlace to no then this particular movie starts to play but then get green screen in between frames - i will try to backup as mp4 and see what happens

ok if i rip to mp4 then it plays fine, so downgraded to LibreElec 7.0.1 stable and that also played the mkv video - just installing the latest build to see if same problem
*deleted
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0518: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.6.0 #1 SMP Wed May 18 22:12:48 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160518221036-#0518-g8635eb0 [Build #0518]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (8635eb0c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a935d581, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Fix cmake after PR9750
  3. BSW fix: Revert "drm/i915: Exit cherryview_irq_handler() after one pass"
  4. VAAPI fix: CSC: Remove average logic when saving NV12 surface on IVB+ (link)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Patch bluez to enable DualShock 3 auto pairing (PR:351, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • RPi-Tools: add same Adafruit library for LED backpacks (PR:347, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • squeezelite: create addon and dependencies (PR:345, 4 commits, 5 files changed)
    • syncthing: version 0.12.24 (PR:358, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [cleanup] - remove some unused stuff from ControlFactory (PR:9822, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake] File renaming for readability (PR:9750, 5 commits, 65 files changed)
    • [osx,ios] Xcode project file cleanup. (PR:9831, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix dateadded sort method in AudioLibrary.GetSongs (PR:9809, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [lang][skin.estuary] updated language files from Transifex (c4257929)
    • [lang][skin.estouchy] updated language files from Transifex (f427a959)
  3. libnfs:
    • Remove rpc_set_tcp_syncnt from the nfs-cat utility (00d9ba15)
  4. inputstream.smoothstream:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:4, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  5. pvr.argustv:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:58, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  6. pvr.demo:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:37, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  7. pvr.dvblink:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:51, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  8. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:41, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  9. pvr.filmon:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:52, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  10. pvr.hdhomerun:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:26, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  11. pvr.hts:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:225, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  12. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:81, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  13. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:42, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  14. pvr.mythtv:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:66, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  15. pvr.nextpvr:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:47, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  16. pvr.njoy:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:30, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  17. pvr.pctv:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:39, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  18. pvr.stalker:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:61, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  19. pvr.vbox:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:129, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  20. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:82, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  21. pvr.vuplus:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:46, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  22. pvr.wmc:
    • [cmake] Rename find_package(kodi) to Kodi (PR:45, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  23. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Fix cmake after PR9750
    • Added: [pkg] patch: Revert "drm/i915: Exit cherryview_irq_handler() after one pass" (BSW fix) (linux)
    • Added: [pkg] patch: CSC: Remove average logic when saving NV12 surface on IVB+ (VAAPI fix) (libva-intel-driver)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Braswell owners please test #0518. This includes a fix that should eventually appear in kernel 4.6.1.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-18, 23:52)Milhouse Wrote: Braswell owners please test #0518. This includes a fix that should eventually appear in kernel 4.6.1.
#0518 running more than 30 mins, all fine.
@Milhouse,@fritsch thank you.
(2016-05-18, 23:52)Milhouse Wrote: Braswell owners please test #0518. This includes a fix that should eventually appear in kernel 4.6.1.
WOO HOO...

It ran for 30 minutes to an hour, I did not keep track, with no hiccups.

This included a myth tv commercial skip.

Here are some logs if you care to inspect them

[email protected]'s password:
##############################################
# LibreELEC #
# http://libreelec.tv #
##############################################

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160518221036-#0518-g8635eb0
LibreELEC git: 8635eb0cd7fae1e80409eaa83d6306e48e87010c
media-center:~ # dmesg | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/cOaB
media-center:~ # journalctl -a | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/ZOdN
media-center:~ # cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/bUCF
media-center:~ # vainfo | pastebinit
libva info: VA-API version 0.39.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_39
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
http://sprunge.us/ACMA
media-center:~ #
this patch seems to be working. braswell is not freezing anymore so far.
Thank God for that. Smile
Is auto-repeat still an issue with #0518?
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11