• 23(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-07, 13:13)sunnyfunny Wrote: 0506 use the RC6 Kernel. I don't think you will get lucky with that build.

You are correct, auto repeat stopped working again.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0507: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.6.0-rc6 #1 SMP Sat May 7 21:06:12 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160507210445-#0507-g617cd64 [Build #0507]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (617cd64a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3d570c50, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. Minors
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • kodi-binary-addons: update to latest versions (PR:316, 1 commit, 20 files changed)
    • libmad: fix 'unary operator expected' error (PR:317, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix chromium for 8.0 repo (PR:318, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [Coverity] Misc. Coverity issues (PR:9757, 13 commits, 13 files changed)
    • [win32][depends] Updated taglib to v1.11 (PR:9762, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [depends] Updated taglib to v1.11 (PR:9764, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Input/EventServer] - pass amount to the action (fixes volumeup/down actions from eventclients) (PR:9768, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • addon fix status handler (PR:9766, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [addons] sync with repo (02ccf6b5)
  3. pvr.dvblink:
    • pvr.dvblink (krypton), version 3.2.1 (PR:48, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:321: RTL8812AU: Fix AP timeout and disable power saving
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
just downloading this version to test tomorrow as noticed a few issues with 502

1) Rating for films are constantly all over the place
2) Speaker icon is displayed in top right-corner during playback off movies (can't find anywhere to disable this)
3) When press audio button, noticed that the film started lagging and then just froze on screen and box became un-responsive (had to physically power off)
4) if have a movie in parts, when plays next part it starts flickering - if stop movie and then continue it is fine until next part
5) ProjectM visualisation fails with a dll error (will get exact info/screenshot tomorrow if still happens on 507)
Are you testing with stock Estuary?

1) Screenshot example? Do you mean the position in the GUI or the value being displayed?
2) Screenshot example? Not seeing this myself, have you muted audio?
3) What is the "audio" button, is this an action you've mapped on your remote? A debug log might help.
4) A debug log might help.
5) You probably need an updated add-on - these are alpha builds so breakage due to updated libraries is to be expected.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-03, 07:06)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 06:04)smf007 Wrote:
(2016-04-19, 23:19)Milhouse Wrote: ...
  • Drop xf86-video-intel, use modesetting driver instead (PR:136, 1 commit, 3 files changed)

In that pull there seems to be conflicting information on how to switch back to xf86-video-intel. Is a udev rule change needed or just the custom xorg.conf? I'm currently trying to nail down an image display corruption/tearing issue with an Intel Sandy Bridge and need to double check this. I made a custom xorg.conf but want to be sure a udev rule isn't needed.
Your xorg.0.log will tell.
Thanks. Just the xorg.conf is needed.

So I have a case where the modesetting driver is not working correctly. Turns out it's my Clarkdale system that has the problem (Core i5-660).

It initially loads and plays the first video fine, however any video played there after (after several videos even the Kodi GUI does this) results in a display corruption that looks like bad tearing with massive judder. A massive triangular section in the top left looks to be rendered offset by a number of pixels, video frames have massive judder and I question if the frames are being rendered in the correct order.

After applying the xorg.conf that fritsch had, it is back to displaying fine.
fritsch/OpenELEC.tv@e7cbe9c #xf86-video-intel: explicitely disable TearFree and TripleBuffer
Thanks for that report - so it seems we need to use "intel" on old hardware still ... and at least on SKL and later we need modesetting.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi Milhouse/All

I have Intel NUC Kit NUC5CPYH and I currently am using #0506 build which I really like.
With few last OpenElec builds and some LibreElec builds I tried I am facing the same problem described below:
I am controlling my devices using Logitech Harmony remote and my NUC5CPYH is always on (I need it to be accessible all time) and all other devices: AV receiver (HDMI pass trough), TV are switched off when not used.
After certain time of inactivity when I turn on this activity on my remote I got a blank black screen instead of seeing KODI interface which has to be always on (where I left it). On some earlier builds there was a blank screen and just a mouse cursor visible on it (I am not using a mouse). The only thing I can do is to restart the NUC device by pressing On/Off on NUC or telnet to it and reboot. Apart from this issue everything else works fine.
I used clean install using official LibreElec build and only few changes are done to the standard configuration: change of Time zone, Audio pass-through via HDMI, adjust fresh rate on start/stop, full colour space enabled, enable ssh and few others.

I have uploaded my log file here: http://sprunge.us/KPNB but I made this log after restart of the system so not sure if it helps but I can upload a new log when system crashes again before restart because as I wrote I am able to telnet to it.
Can you please help me with this?

Thanks,
Marius
(2016-05-08, 01:45)Milhouse Wrote: 3) What is the "audio" button, is this an action you've mapped on your remote? A debug log might help.

Same for me

For example i use audio profile switcher to switch from TV profile ( passthrough Off) to AVR profile (passthrough ON) and kodi freeze / became laggy whene i use it

I already upload a log but i thinked was a 4.6 kernel bug , but i tried also with 505X

I will post a new debug log
(2016-05-08, 07:53)MariusB Wrote: Hi Milhouse/All

I have Intel NUC Kit NUC5CPYH
Can you please help me with this?

Thanks,
Marius

Braswell hw crash with build > #420 due new kernel (4.6)

Milhouse linked build 505X that use old kernel and works

So use 505X or 420

Edit: here is the link http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/testing/Generic/
(2016-05-08, 09:45)Roby77 Wrote: Braswell hw crash with build > #420 due new kernel (4.6)

So use 505X or 420

Thanks Roby77.
I know that 505X build and tried it yesterday but it crashed too. But it wasn't a clean install probably (or I restored a backup on top of it, I don't remember exactly).
I will try clean install today and will let you know.
Hello,

I use version #0428 and have got problems with the LibreELEC addon repository. Is it already online? I get an error message that it cannot connect to the repository.
I am searching for the mp3 audio encoder.
(2016-05-08, 10:09)MariusB Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 09:45)Roby77 Wrote: Braswell hw crash with build > #420 due new kernel (4.6)

So use 505X or 420

I have just installed a fresh 505X on my NUC and the same problem again - screen goes blank after some inactivity.
I have tried to upload logs using the command but it responds with the error, see below (I am newbie to Linux).
This is strange because this command worked earlier today with the build #0506.
What am I doing wrong?

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160506005756-#0505x-ga066054
LibreELEC git: a066054ab61f194dd53a846750f11f24eab498af
LibreELEC:~ # paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)
ls: /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog*: No such file or directory
(2016-05-08, 10:09)MariusB Wrote: I have just installed a fresh 505X on my NUC and the same problem again - screen goes blank after some inactivity.
I have tried to upload logs using the command but it responds with the error, see below (I am newbie to Linux).
This is strange because this command worked earlier today with the build #0506.
What am I doing wrong?

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160506005756-#0505x-ga066054
LibreELEC git: a066054ab61f194dd53a846750f11f24eab498af
LibreELEC:~ # paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)
ls: /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog*: No such file or directory

I have found the log in this folder: /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log and uploaded it here if it helps: http://sprunge.us/JZRC
Ah sorry screen goes blank after inactivity it's another problem, i was referring about gpu crash
(2016-05-08, 13:32)Roby77 Wrote: Ah sorry screen goes blank after inactivity it's another problem, i was referring about gpu crash

It seems I finally succeed to upload the log of the system still at "KODI crash" state: http://sprunge.us/SGfb
Please look at the end of the log - there are some new errors that might help to identify cause of this issue.

Once I reboot system everything works well, there are no crashes at all during watching of movies/photos, navigating in menus, it only happens in idle state.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11