• 33(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-17, 15:25)diddle Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 15:06)fritsch Wrote: It seems kernel 4.6 is running really, really bad. Upgraded my Thinkpad T440s yesterday and even have screen flickering there ... it sucks hard, so I went back to 4.5.x. But more than filing bugs is not possible for us :-(

Don't know the LE guide lines here... but why not simply wait until severe show stoppers are fixed before adopting a new kernel (instead of always being on the bleeding edge)?

Cause you guys _find_ those show stoppers and then we can file bug reports. Kodi is a very special use case with immense pressure on hardware and drivers. We cannot rely on others to make this testing. The bugreports that came out of this thread had a very high value for now. Bugs are filed. That's the way OSS development works.

Updated logs with 4.6 (dmesg with drm.debug=0xe) on the bugtracker are still welcome to bump the bugs filed.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-05-17, 15:25)diddle Wrote: Don't know the LE guide lines here... but why not simply wait until severe show stoppers are fixed before adopting a new kernel (instead of always being on the bleeding edge)?

These are bleeding-edge builds, which is often a double-edged sword. In most cases a new kernel will fix existing bugs, and even make new hardware usable that wasn't previously usable (Skylake, whatever). If we don't plough on and use the latest kernel we'll have all those people with the latest unusable hardware complaining because they're excluded. Not to mention finding these bugs early is the best way to getting them fixed upstream (in theory, anyway...).

When should we switch to a new kernel? Who is to say when it is ready without widespread testing? Should we always be a major kernel release or two behind, which would mean we would only now be switching to 4.4 or possibly 4.5... so much for bleeding edge. Smile

Unfortunately in this case, 4.6 has turned out to be a bit of a dog - whose fault that is I don't know, probably Intel's as non-Intel gear seems fine with 4.6. Hopefully 4.7 will be an improvement. I suspect 4.6 might be fairly short-lived.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-15, 22:37)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 20:32)walkerx Wrote: It's not disabled - on the menu screens it is set as enabled

quick video showing what happens and confirmation that VAAPI enabled

http://sendvid.com/nqu01uux

Then you have Deinterlaced forced to On and chosen "Deinterlace" method, which will bypass gpu post processing, copy all the stuff to memory and deinterlace in there. That makes only sense for interlaced content. This setting should never be set to "On".

done some further testing - if i set the de-interlace to no then this particular movie starts to play but then get green screen in between frames - i will try to backup as mp4 and see what happens
(2016-05-17, 15:51)Roby77 Wrote: or you can use 0509x that use old 4.4.7 kernel

http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/testing/Generic/

nope that has issues as well... tried it.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
really strange no issue for me on braswell n3150 in 8 day testing...

funny
(2016-05-16, 06:47)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 04:00)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 03:33)melon2112 Wrote: Sorry...I was thinking it was just a simple fix. I did a debug...click here

I went through a few other builds...#420 works...I think that was the last one that worked. This is a debug log from #420 Click Here

Any advice would be much appreciated.

No obvious audio-related error that I can see (but fritsch knows more about this than I do, so might see something I've missed). What I would suggest is temporarily renaming /storage/.kodi and testing a "clean" Kodi and #0515 without your addons (some of which are known to cause problems) and default settings/skin.

Boot up again and post the output of: xrandr --verbose please.

It's a kernel bug, which changed the default code to enable radeon's audio. I hope the fix goes to rc8 / final.

In all cases: File a bug report with bugs.freedesktop.org drm/radeon section

Here is xrandr output Click Here

I also did it for #420...Click Here

I will now go post on freedesktop...

Thanks for the help
Quote: output_csc: bypass
supported: bypass, tvrgb, ycbcr601, ycbcr709
audio: auto
supported: off, on, auto

^^ they are nice, the output_csc modes. Most likely proper "Limited Range" output is possible. You can try to force audio to on and choose the @@@ device in kodi.

Force enabling audio is done with: xrandr --output HDMI-1 --set audio on

Any reason you run on HDMI-1? and not HDMI-0? Same issure there?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0517: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux LibreELEC 4.6.0 #1 SMP Tue May 17 21:41:35 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160517213927-#0517-gdab8bd8 [Build #0517]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (dab8bd82, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (7d1fff68, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. NOTE: DVD playback remains temporarily disabled
  2. New 4.6.0 kernel
  3. libnfs pagecache
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: update to linux-4.6 (PR:357, 1 commit, 26 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [cmake/win32] Build addon libraries (PR:9820, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [network] improvements to the webserver implementation (PR:9576, 7 commits, 20 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • Pagecache v2 (PR:146, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Disable -werror as libnfs won't build 32-bit without it
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
does anyone want to be a guinea pig and test it for bsw ? :p

my waf, and son patience is finished for this month Big Grin
4.6.0 final kernel is fine on SkyLake
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-05-17, 22:54)fritsch Wrote:

^^ they are nice, the output_csc modes. Most likely proper "Limited Range" output is possible. You can try to force audio to on and choose the @@@ device in kodi.

Unfortunately a no-go... It switches to audio being on after running it and checking but still no sound... Click Here

I tried going back to Kodi and manipulate settings there for sound and then tried changing refresh rates... Nothing worked.

As for why Hdmi 1...hdmi 0 must be the dvi port as there is only one hdmi port on the box.

Again thanks for any help on this.
Build 0517

display freezes within 2 minutes

Logs:
##############################################
# LibreELEC #
# http://libreelec.tv #
##############################################

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160517213927-#0517-gdab8bd8
LibreELEC git: dab8bd82361eb5dc1e1aece68f21c6fef441adfe
media-center:~ # dmesg | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/eGaH
media-center:~ # journalctl -a | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/WUJO
media-center:~ # cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/QSLh
media-center:~ # vainfo | pastebinit
libva info: VA-API version 0.39.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_39
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
http://sprunge.us/iNfQ
media-center:~ #
(2016-05-18, 01:03)_Spook_ Wrote: 4.6.0 final kernel is fine on SkyLake
Can't say the same for Braswell

My Pentium NUC can't go more than a couple of minutes without locking up
LE 7.0 runs pretty much fine.

Recent Millhouse LE builds can't run at all.

I surmise that this is due to Linux kernel issues with the Braswell CPU, of which needs to be fixed upstream of LE.

@fritsch, you suggest adding my logs to an open desktop issue?

[ 91.334025] [drm] stuck on bsd ring
[ 91.340486] [drm] GPU HANG: ecode 8:2:0xfffffffe, in VideoPlayer [743], reason: Ring hung, action: reset
[ 91.340489] [drm] GPU hangs can indicate a bug anywhere in the entire gfx stack, including userspace.
[ 91.340491] [drm] Please file a _new_ bug report on bugs.freedesktop.org against DRI -> DRM/Intel
[ 91.340493] [drm] drm/i915 developers can then reassign to the right component if it's not a kernel issue.
[ 91.340495] [drm] The gpu crash dump is required to analyze gpu hangs, so please always attach it.
[ 91.340497] [drm] GPU crash dump saved to /sys/class/drm/card0/error

Does the gpu dump get included in the logs I posted?
(2016-05-18, 01:16)melon2112 Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 22:54)fritsch Wrote:

Unfortunately a no-go... It switches to audio being on after running it and checking but still no sound... Click Here

I tried going back to Kodi and manipulate settings there for sound and then tried changing refresh rates... Nothing worked.

As for why Hdmi 1...hdmi 0 must be the dvi port as there is only one hdmi port on the box.

Again thanks for any help on this.

We'll I tried #517 just for kicks to see and the new kernel fixed it. I now have sound

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11