• 40(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-23, 22:07)Milhouse Wrote: The last OE version based on Kodi 13.2 is OE 4.2 using the 340.32 nvidia driver.

Are you saying you have the same nvidia invalid opcode bug with the 340.32 driver? Or did you just restore your 13.2 settings on top of a build (OE/LE 7, #0522) with the 352.79 driver?

Honestly, I don't know. After a manual downgrade to 13.2 / OE4.2.1 these random crashes happened again. I think I remember seeing the 'old' driver 340.32. Behavior was the same as with my 16.1 / 17a tests. I tried to gather some info while running the downgraded version and the crashes occurred. Though there was nothing. Just these (multiple) crashes and restart loops. Nothing in the logs and even dmesg did not show anything regarding nvidia or segfaulting or else ..

After that I did a OE 4.2.1 reinstall (image file) as I thought I messed something up. Btw, before OE 4.2.1 setup was running smooth for two years on this box. I'm there now without any customizing (During reinstall I did kill my OE4 backup for this nvidia system by accident .. was a bit in a hurry *sigh*).

While the crashes happened I thought about the HW and did some tests. memtest64 (v4 and 5) reported heavy errors. Therefore I will order some new SO-DIMM and see what happens.

(2016-05-23, 22:07)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-23, 19:19)fritsch Wrote: Nvidia binary bug:
Quote:0x00007f326d0af310 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libnvidia-glcore.so.352.79

I'll bump the nvidia driver version in tonight's build to 361.42 from 352.79.

@lazyman can you test the next build (#0523) and report if it fixes the crashes, or causes any new problems. Thanks.

I'm back at work tomorrow with less time but will try to get a usb install working for test purposes. Als want to check whether new memory will fix the possible HW issue. If not I'm somewhat lost - and might have a nvidia test/QA system at hand.
Yeah, sounds like it could be a hardware error if your previously stable installation is now throwing the same error.

Even so, it would be good to test the new driver once you have a stable system.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-05-22, 14:20)tinzarian Wrote: I have an annoying video issue.
When I play more than one video, the second tends to play with a lot of tearing. The video in the link shows the issue: https://vid.me/qJ8j

[...]

I don't know if this is a known issue, or how to proceed. @Milhouse @ fritsch any suggestions are welcome..

In the latest build this seems to be a little bit better, but it's still effing annoying. I figured out that it's the modesetting driver that's causing it, so until it, and my other problems are fixed I'm sticking with #0418
Hi,

This build stucks at LibreELEC splash screen.

Kodi log

vdpauinfo

vdpauinfo also gives a modprobe: FATAL: Module nvidia-modeset not found in directory /lib/modules/4.6.0
@ragnaroek - do you have a crashlog? Also "journalctl | pastebinit"
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Here it comes journalctl log
@ragnaroek: I'll upload a new build in the next 20-30 mins (hopefully)
@ragnaroek: I've updated the last build to #0523b which should have working 361.42 driver.

@Roby77: There's a patch in #0523b which might fix your blank screens - have a look at the links, the second link is the most relevant.
(2016-05-23, 18:37)nuc-LE Wrote: Milhouse or fritsch any chance you guys could look into my dropped frames issue? I found that #0411 is last build that does not have frames dropped problem and choppy playback. I have all video settings set as recommended in fritsch's thread. I have this install on nuc hsw if that helps to clarify things.

Here is debug for Build #0522. : debug

@ Milhouse could you please check why I am having so much grief with frames being dropped.

Build #0523 same issue. debug log
(2016-05-24, 02:59)nuc-LE Wrote: @ Milhouse could you please check why I am having so much grief with frames being dropped.

Misquoting Chew: "Don't know, I don't know such stuff. I just do builds, ju-, ju-, just builds."

Maybe @fritsch or @FernetMenta will be kind enough to take a look and give their (way more informed) opinion.
(2016-05-24, 03:13)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-24, 02:59)nuc-LE Wrote: @ Milhouse could you please check why I am having so much grief with frames being dropped.

Misquoting Chew: "Don't know, I don't know such stuff. I just do builds, ju-, ju-, just builds."

Maybe @fritsch or @FernetMenta will be kind enough to take a look and give their (way more informed) opinion.

Please disable passthrough and play from local disk. Choose the very same file.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-05-24, 07:00)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-05-24, 03:13)Milhouse Wrote:

Please disable passthrough and play from local disk. Choose the very same file.

First of all thank you for looking into it fritsch!

passthrough: Disabled
media played back from local usb drive. (same video) playback has same issues with frames being dropped
Build #0523 : debug log
(2016-05-23, 23:26)Milhouse Wrote: Yeah, sounds like it could be a hardware error if your previously stable installation is now throwing the same error.

Even so, it would be good to test the new driver once you have a stable system.

Yeah, will do. Besides the HW memory failure the 100% CPU (core) thing was obvious.
(2016-05-24, 02:57)Milhouse Wrote: @Roby77: There's a patch in #0523b which might fix your blank screens - have a look at the links, the second link is the most relevant.

Thank you, i will try and report in next days
@Milhouse

Thank you, no issues with the #0523b build, beside the CPU issue.

I already asked FernetMenta to join this thread here, hopefully he is able to fix this Nvidia issue.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11